Clockwork Angels tour book indicates

treeduck

It's the twentieth anniversary of the Roll The Bones tour. Perhaps they could revive that entire set list and forget about the rest. Or not.

Signals would be nice. That was the first tour I saw. A set list from that era really takes me back...

3 Stooges Intro

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Digital Man

Subdivisions

Vital Signs

The Camera Eye

Closer to the Heart

Chemistry

The Analog Kid

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Red Barchetta

The Weapon

New World Man

Limelight

Countdown

2112 Overture

The Temples of Syrinx

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiato

In the Mood

YYZ

They did everything except Losing It. It almost seems like yesterday. Oh to be young again.

Edited by drbirdsong

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 5 2012, 04:26 PM)
It's the twentieth anniversary of the Roll The Bones tour.  Perhaps they could revive that entire set list and forget about the rest.  Or not.

Signals would be nice.  That was the first tour I saw.  A set list from that era really takes me back...

3 Stooges Intro
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
Freewill
Digital Man
Subdivisions
Vital Signs
The Camera Eye
Closer to the Heart
Chemistry
The Analog Kid
Broon's Bane
The Trees
Red Barchetta
The Weapon
New World Man
Limelight
Countdown
2112 Overture
The Temples of Syrinx
Xanadu
La Villa Strangiato
In the Mood
YYZ

They did everything except Losing It.  It almost seems like yesterday.  Oh to be young again.

Well, close but not quite. Roll the Bones was released in the fall of 1991.

I just realized you specified the tour and you're right, that was 1991/1992.

Edited by snowdog2112

I think that I've flip-flopped again on this. tongue.gif

Thinking some more, I DON'T think they'll want to spend time rehearsing four songs from Signals that haven't been played in many years, when they have a brand new album they want to play.

And for PeW, we know that they rehearsed JL last time and it wasn't working, so it's unlikely they'll revisit that AND rehearse Different Strings.

So I'm back in the camp that thinks that tourbook is fake and this will be the Clockwork Angels tour, with the entire CA suite and maybe another song or two from the album.

I can see them POSSIBLY playing the entire 2112 suite for 2012. That would be fine with me, especially if it's truly complete with Discovery and Oracle. 1022.gif But they would likely need to tune down the guitars a full step, so this probably won't happen.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 5 2012, 05:53 PM)
I think that I've flip-flopped again on this. tongue.gif

Thinking some more, I DON'T think they'll want to spend time rehearsing four songs from Signals that haven't been played in many years, when they have a brand new album they want to play.

And for PeW, we know that they rehearsed JL last time and it wasn't working, so it's unlikely they'll revisit that AND rehearse Different Strings.

So I'm back in the camp that thinks that tourbook is fake and this will be the Clockwork Angels tour, with the entire CA suite and maybe another song or two from the album.

I can see them POSSIBLY playing the entire 2112 suite for 2012. That would be fine with me, especially if it's truly complete with Discovery and Oracle. 1022.gif But they would likely need to tune down the guitars a full step, so this probably won't happen.

I'm not sure what you mean. From 1996/1997 when they first played all of 2112 through every tour since they've already tuned it down a full step. The only other song they've done this to is Circumstances in 2007. Did you mean another full step?

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 5 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 5 2012, 03:33 PM)
I'd much rather hear all of Permanent Waves than Signals. As mentioned, Jacob's Ladder is extremely fan-requested, and awesome. Different strings would be a cool tune live, and we already know Entre Nous and Natural Science are cool live.

Honestly...and I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'd rather hear Signals over PeW.

I'm much more interested in seeing:

The Analog Kid, Chemistry, The Weapon, and Losing It

...over...

Jacob's Ladder and Different Strings

My thoughts exactly yes.gif

Interesting exchange in this thread popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Apr 5 2012, 12:20 PM)
Chemisty-IMHO one of the cheesiest Rush songs out there, at least lyrically

Perhaps, if you read just the lyrics it is...Particularly for the first time. But the song, in a whole, is not.

I used to feel that way, but the guitar work has really grown on me over the years to the point the lyrics do not bother me anymore. The song is much better than much of the stuff that has come post Counterparts!

yes.gif

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Apr 5 2012, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 5 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Apr 5 2012, 03:33 PM)
I'd much rather hear all of Permanent Waves than Signals. As mentioned, Jacob's Ladder is extremely fan-requested, and awesome. Different strings would be a cool tune live, and we already know Entre Nous and Natural Science are cool live.

Honestly...and I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'd rather hear Signals over PeW.

I'm much more interested in seeing:

The Analog Kid, Chemistry, The Weapon, and Losing It

...over...

Jacob's Ladder and Different Strings

My thoughts exactly yes.gif

Interesting exchange in this thread popcorn.gif

I'd love to hear Signals, but not more than PeW (which is to say JL!).. and I simply do NOT see Losing it or Countdown ever being played.

WOuld LOVE to hear Chemistry live, as well as AK, DM, and TW.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 5 2012, 07:36 PM)
Can you imagine how everyone would get if Geddy would annouce "Losing it" and Ben Mink would walk out!.....It can happen!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Oh, I sure can imagine it. About a dozen people in the first few rows would go nuts, and the other 10,000 people in the room would look at each other and go, "who the fk is this other guy?" - well, except for the people that don't know what album Losing It is from - they'd be saying "is that from the new one? I'm only here to hear Tom Sawyer and Limelight and the Spirits in Radio" - and those people aren't exactly in the minority.

Edited by danielmclark