Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 28 2012, 03:58 PM)
From Sniglets over at CP:

"Sorry I have been unable to post on here as I have been busy with work. Listening party happened a bit later than scheduled yesterday as it was more after 1 pm. I wasn't there but my friend was and he said if you would have wanted Rush albums in the 80s to have a harder edge then this is your record. The songs are like a winding journey and definitely has a more modern day concept feel to them. Keyboards are present on the record so if you loathe them, sorry! He didn't compare it to any particular album and that was a relief. He said just take 80 to 91 in a blender and that was it. Single should be out on or about April 1st. It is being sent to radio this weekend. My guess is this one doesn't leak. More as I hear more. It was basically a text conversation about it and I haven't had really the time to get in touch with him as he has other assignments"

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...ic=44104&st=100

THIS! thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthsthisthi!

Is what I have been waiting for! Rush with an hard edge, and with keys!

The 80ies with an hard edge!!!!! cheer.gif

What shall I do now? How am I able to work until the releasedate and keep the butter on the table for my family? And how shall I be able to work for months after the release? I need to see an doctor, now! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 28 2012, 05:07 PM)
I'm pretty pumped, but I don't like that it'll be edited. That's a whole two minute drop from the total length of it (apparently). I'm dying to hear it, but at the same time, I may just wait until the whole song is out there somewhere so I can hear it all.

I think it is great! I will still have 1/3 of the song to digest when the album is released.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:06 PM)
This song may kick all kinds of ass when we hear it but at the same time I'll bet we won't make it more than 3 posts into the discussion thread before someone says "I can't believe somebody said this sounds like Bytor!"

I'd rather it sound like 80's Rush with By-Tor's starts and stops.

That's what Caravan sounds like, which I love.

But a lot of people don't.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly!

Sounds a bit over-dramatic. Let's rehash the obvious - Rush hit the peak of their incredible "flight" over two decades ago, and they've since landed gracefully into the less-memorable-but-passable end game of their career. 80's keyboards? Modern By-tor? While that might be true to an extent, how does that promise an excellent achievement? Of course those things would be great if executed perfectly, but everyone's probably figured out that the promises made by the people who kiss ass so much tend to fall flat.

Regardless of the over-the-top salivation from the journalists, I know I'm going to love the new single and embrace it as an equal into the Rush family.

I remember journalists not liking Signals and HYF but liking RTB and Counterparts. Just sayin'.

I don't remember (or didn't pay attention to) what they said about other albums.

It's natural to compare new work with previous material. But with Rush I can pretty much count on their new stuff NOT sounding like their old stuff.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 29 2012, 03:05 AM)
Sources saying Caravan and BU2B have been re recorded as Rush changed record labels.

Atlantic is owned by Warner as Roadrunner, so it's not a real change... wink.gif

http://freakyfauna.com/wp-content/uploads/bm_how-excited_animated.gif

I'm stoked!!! I don't know how I'm going to concentrate on anything until April 19th!! 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 28 2012, 04:58 PM)
From Sniglets over at CP:

"Sorry I have been unable to post on here as I have been busy with work. Listening party happened a bit later than scheduled yesterday as it was more after 1 pm. I wasn't there but my friend was and he said if you would have wanted Rush albums in the 80s to have a harder edge then this is your record. The songs are like a winding journey and definitely has a more modern day concept feel to them. Keyboards are present on the record so if you loathe them, sorry! He didn't compare it to any particular album and that was a relief. He said just take 80 to 91 in a blender and that was it. Single should be out on or about April 1st. It is being sent to radio this weekend. My guess is this one doesn't leak. More as I hear more. It was basically a text conversation about it and I haven't had really the time to get in touch with him as he has other assignments"

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...ic=44104&st=100

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/Random_Villian/Animangatoon/my-body-is-ready.gif

Frankly I'm looking forward to the return of SOME degree of keyboards. I don't mean to the exclusion of Alex, but I think there's an acceptable middle ground between drowning Lifeson out or relegating his role to flourishes, colourings, and accents...and omitting keyboards altogether. There are now PLENTY of guitar-dominated Rush albums since to compliment the keyboards of the 80s.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 29 2012, 07:50 AM)
I remember journalists not liking Signals and HYF but liking RTB and Counterparts. Just sayin'.
I don't remember (or didn't pay attention to) what they said about other albums.

It's natural to compare new work with previous material. But with Rush I can pretty much count on their new stuff NOT sounding like their old stuff.

goodpost.gif The sound changes with each album common001.gif

I hope it has more elements of Classic Prog like AFTK and Hemi combined with the great mix of S&A.

And....I want a big return of the Moog and Taurus pedals!

yes.gif

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/stylazyn/gomps.jpg

I think the return of keyboards could be a good thing....The layers of Alex has gotten a little old and frankly too muddy.

Keys could give depth along with some space that has not been there lately.

This sounds interesting.

Dont care what some random dude named CP heard about anything. Waiting to hear the album myself. Not going to let them get me so far pumped up again just to be hit with another S&A. Keeping my hopes low this way if its acually good it will exceed my expectations.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 29 2012, 07:43 AM)
Dont care what some random dude named CP heard about anything. Waiting to hear the album myself. Not going to let them get me so far pumped up again just to be hit with another S&A. Keeping my hopes low this way if its acually good it will exceed my expectations.

it's too late dude. the expectations and hype are through the roof. trink38.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 29 2012, 01:05 AM)
Sources saying Caravan and BU2B have been re recorded as Rush changed record labels.

I read a recent-ish interview with Alex online where he said they were probably going to re-record Caravan and BU2B. yes.gif