Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Mar 30 2012, 08:43 AM)
Well, according to my wife, "it's probably gonna sound like all the other Rush songs. They all sound the same."

Oh well...WIVES. Can't live without 'em...can't kill 'em.

as a wife who love Rush.... i think you just need an upgrade! tongue.gif

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 30 2012, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Mar 30 2012, 09:43 AM)
Well, according to my wife, "it's probably gonna sound like all the other Rush songs.  They all sound the same."

facepalm.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Well, according to my wife, "it's probably gonna sound like all the other Rush songs. They all sound the same."

Oh well...WIVES. Can't live without 'em...can't kill 'em.

I am lucky, my wife Loves them and Everything they put out . We have not talked since S&A was released

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 30 2012, 10:17 AM)
Well, according to my wife, "it's probably gonna sound like all the other Rush songs.  They all sound the same."

Oh well...WIVES.  Can't live without 'em...can't kill 'em.

I am lucky, my wife Loves them and Everything they put out . We have not talked since S&A was released

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 30 2012, 10:17 AM)

Seriously, that's great though.

My wife didn't really know much of Rush when we first starting dating 9 years ago.

She loves rock music too...and loves going to the concerts with me. She got to like them...not quite to my extent...but hey, I'll take what I can get. wink.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 30 2012, 09:17 AM)

Lol

Post of the day so far.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:52 AM)

as a wife who love Rush.... i think you just need an upgrade! tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

My wife is definitely NOT a Rush fan, but that said, she did watch the documentary with me and has put up with a lot of Rush music. She must have heard Signals at least 5 times by now.

Anyway, I love her and I'm keeping her regardless. tongue.gif

rofl3.gif My wife hates Rush. -- It's all about Geddy's voice. The only song she can stomach is Time Stand Still. She actually likes that one. Figures.

I used to be a HUGE Rush fan and by most standards I probably still am. But at least I've matured and become more objective. Their music has been very average the last 20 years. <--- Average by Rush standards.

my husband and i(dating at the time) got into Rush together around '06/'07. it was a fun experience. now we argue over who's a bigger fan laugh.gif

but trust me, we don't like all of the same music. i say no to Slayer and Yes the way he says no to Shakira and Lady Gaga haha

Another tweet from a Grover Collins who is a DJ in Cincinnatti:

Just heard new RUSH single from upcoming CD "Clockwork Angels" called "Headlong Flight"...Old school RUSH fans rejoice! It ROCKS 74-77 era!

So now we have at least four guys who are gushing over this new Rush tune. They are not just saying it is a good song yada yada. They are gushing. I have a hard time believing now that this won't be a great song. What puzzles me is that some describe it as 70's sound and some 80's. I do really hope this record is a combination of all Rush eras and I think maybe that is what they were going for on this record. We'll soon see. Good news nonetheless 1022.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Mar 30 2012, 01:02 PM)
my husband and i(dating at the time) got into Rush together around '06/'07. it was a fun experience. now we argue over who's a bigger fan laugh.gif

but trust me, we don't like all of the same music. i say no to Slayer and Yes the way he says no to Shakira and Lady Gaga haha

Wow, that last sentance was confusing. Took me a while to figure out if you were saying no or yes to Yes, or....Oh, I just went cross-eyed.

By the way, nice pictures! (I'm married, not dead)

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 30 2012, 02:36 PM)

Just heard new RUSH single from upcoming CD "Clockwork Angels" called "Headlong Flight"...Old school RUSH fans rejoice! It ROCKS 74-77 era!

So now we have at least four guys who are gushing over this new Rush tune. They are not just saying it is a good song yada yada. They are gushing. I have a hard time believing now that this won't be a great song. What puzzles me is that some describe it as 70's sound and some 80's. I do really hope this record is a combination of all Rush eras and I think maybe that is what they were going for on this record. We'll soon see. Good news nonetheless 1022.gif

i think the single has been described as 70s rush, and the comment about 80s rush was in relation to the album as a whole, no?

Yeah, because if the program director at WUBE/WYGY B-105.1, 97.3 The Wolf: Cincinnati's Country doesn't know mid-70's prog, who would?

The song(s) may fookin rawk, but . . . just sayin'.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 30 2012, 04:41 PM)

Yeah, because if the program director at WUBE/WYGY B-105.1, 97.3 The Wolf: Cincinnati's Country doesn't know mid-70's prog, who would?

The song(s) may fookin rawk, but . . . just sayin'.

Anyone can be a Rush fan wink.gif