perhaps a time to calm down

druid13

Folks its probably time to calm down ...all this anticipation for a new Rush release seems to be getting far out of hand...

Seeing things like "I am so mad at Rush"...or "how could they do this to me" type stuff...its really nonsense.

People should wait and relax till the new release comes out...likely wihtin a week they will be complaining about it anyway.

Don't build yourself up too much to the point where nothing will satisfy your expectations.

Don't post things like "I am sooo mad at Rush"...

Go see a movie..relax...take a nap...drink a beer...go visit a friend...plant a tree...watch it grow...mow your lawn...go visit a sick relative...make some chicken soup....paint a room...wash the car...take another nap.

I am sure there will be some jolly good music to come...but listen to other bands as well. Everything cannot be Rush all the time. Don't be the guy who eats a Big Mac EVERY day for lunch.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 14 2012, 07:25 AM)
I hear ya, in fact I agree with you 100%, but it's a bit like asking a baby not to shit its pants.

laugh.gif Personally, I never think about it. It happens when it happens. Now back in the day. Sure, I was excited and couldn't wait for the new album to come out. But I never got upset. The boy's are not 25 yrs. old any more. Why folks can't see that is silly to me.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:10 AM)
Folks its probably time to calm down ...all this anticipation for a new Rush release seems to be getting far out of hand...

Seeing things like "I am so mad at Rush"...or "how could they do this to me" type stuff...its really nonsense.

People should wait and relax till the new release comes out...likely wihtin a week they will be complaining about it anyway.

Don't build yourself up too much to the point where nothing will satisfy your expectations.

Go see a movie..relax...take a nap...drink a beer...go visit a friend...plant a tree...watch it grow...mow your lawn...go visit a sick relative...make some chicken soup....paint a room...wash the car...take another nap.

I am sure there will be some jolly good music to come...but listen to other bands as well. Everything cannot be Rush all the time. Don't be the guy who eats a Big Mac EVERY day for lunch.

goodpost.gif

I'm not one to tell people what to think or feel - I leave that for a select few that hang out in SOCN laugh.gif

I am looking forward to the album, but I know they have high standards. Neil continues to take drum lessons for what? Because he is a perfectionist. New techniques to reduce fatigue will give a better performance in each new city because he will not be as tired.

They are perfectionists, and it seems to get worse the older they get. I have accepted this.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:10 AM)
drink a beer , listen to other bands as well. Everything cannot be Rush all the time. Don't be the guy who eats a Big Mac EVERY day for lunch.

goodpost.gif and o.k. trink38.gif

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 14 2012, 11:10 AM)

goodpost.gif

While I get the anticipation and the disappointment 100% as I want this thing yesterday, I can't imagine being mad at them or getting so worked up over it.

As I said in the other thread, say there is a problem with the mixing like on VT and they released it now, how many threads would there be ripping RUSH left and right for not "taking there time and getting it done properly"?

I think the expectations for this album are so high that the odds of it meeting those expectations are close to zero. Maybe I'm wrong and it will be the greatest album they've ever done, but the odds are it won't be. I hope I am wrong.

There has been so many times in my life I've looked forward to a movie, a TV show or an album and heard the hype and then saw/heard it and was disappointed. I'd still end up liking it, but since my expectations were sky high, it didn't meet them.

Avatar was an example. I didn't see it for about 3 months after it came out, and we all know the hype and love that movie got, and while I did like it, I was slightly disappointed because I had such sky high expectations. I still end up falling into it, like with the TV show The Walking Dead, for example. But I try my best not to expect things to be great so I can enjoy it instead of being disappointed by it. Just my advice, granted I sometimes don't follow it myself, but advice non the less.

it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

Rush biggest disapointments...snakes and arrows,test for echo and vapor trails....ALL WITH EXTRA FILLER sad.gif

Every one should stop and realize the gentlemen in this band, have a lot of pressing affairs to take care of these days!, these include looking at baseball cards, swigging 40 year old wine, and cycling thru Tibet. I am sure they will get around to something as trivial, as releasing a new album. In the words of my great Uncle " all good things come to those who wait" 2.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 12:39 PM)
it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

Rush biggest disapointments...snakes and arrows,test for echo and vapor trails....ALL WITH EXTRA FILLER sad.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of SnA but there is plenty of melody in that record.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 14 2012, 11:10 AM)

Yes it's pretty damn silly...I mean get a friggin' life and worry about something real for Christ sakes.

Okay, I can do this ... *deep breath*. See a movie... I Love You, Man is great! I mean, um ... wait... relax, yea Jack, relax, get busy with the -- CRAP! Um ... take a nap, okay, yea I had this dream once about Rush, but, oh, um ... drink a beer, a nice cold beer, cause you see, there's nothing goin' down here. It seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am... you know -- better people, better food, and better beer! Wait, stop it! Ahhh... hm... visit a friend, yea I will take myself a friend and keep em till the -- doh! Wait mow the lawn, yea livin' in Bohemia, no wait um, gosh! Soup, yea soup, love that soup! It's all about the soup! No no no!! Um ... wash the car ... then take it for a nice morning drive.. wind in my hair... mechanical music, adrenaline surge! No wait! Um, plant a tree, yea, like an oak or a maple! DOH! wacko.gif fists crying.gif doh.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Mar 14 2012, 03:10 PM)

Okay, I can do this ... *deep breath*. See a movie... I Love You, Man is great! I mean, um ... wait... relax, yea Jack, relax, get busy with the -- CRAP! Um ... take a nap, okay, yea I had this dream once about Rush, but, oh, um ... drink a beer, a nice cold beer, cause you see, there's nothing goin' down here. It seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am... you know -- better people, better food, and better beer! Wait, stop it! Ahhh... hm... visit a friend, yea I will take myself a friend and keep em till the -- doh! Wait mow the lawn, yea livin' in Bohemia, no wait um, gosh! Soup, yea soup, love that soup! It's all about the soup! No no no!! Um ... wash the car ... then take it for a nice morning drive.. wind in my hair... mechanical music, adrenaline surge! No wait! Um, plant a tree, yea, like an oak or a maple! DOH! wacko.gif fists crying.gif doh.gif banghead.gif

You Need to get out of the house more....................... yes.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Mar 14 2012, 09:10 PM)

goodpost.gif

Who gives a shit, it'll be dire. So relax and expect the worse. If the CD's not coaster fayre it'll be a bonus.

Not released a decent album for over a quarter of a century, why expect things to change?

<<crack!>>

This was posted over at Counterparts today. It should obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but it at least sounds legit.

"Roadrunner Records is inviting 120 industry executives and promoters on Tuesday March 27th at 11 AM for a "Lunch and Listen" to the new Rush record. I saw an invite to this through a good friend of mine who is attending it and works for the NY Post. He also told me a single is going to be coming that following Friday so that puts us at the 30th for a new song."

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 14 2012, 08:44 PM)
Who gives a shit, it'll be dire. So relax and expect the worse. If the CD's not coaster fayre it'll be a bonus.
Not released a decent album for over a quarter of a century, why expect things to change?

<<crack!>>

laugh.gif

As we say in Cork, you're some langer!