QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 02:27 PM)
It will Explode with Bitching if the album is to "Heavy" yes.gif

or not "Heavy" enough.

or it's too athiestic.

or not "Prog" enough.

or not "Epic-y" enough.

or not enough cowbell.

or it's too compressed.

or it's too like VT. (Watch Goob run to the hills like a scalded cat)

or it's not about soup.

or it's too about soup.

or Geddy's done too many ooh-ooh-oooohs.

or how they'll never manage to pull it off live without triggers and/or a phalanx of highly trained flying monkeys.

And, the majority of these criticisms will come from noobs, the majority of whom will piss off once the initial hubbub has died down, the wee-wee stain of criticism the only evidence of their brief mayfly-like visit to TRF.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 5 2012, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 02:27 PM)
It will Explode with Bitching if the album is to "Heavy"  yes.gif

or not "Heavy" enough.

or it's too athiestic.

or not "Prog" enough.

or not "Epic-y" enough.

or not enough cowbell.

or it's too compressed.

or it's too like VT. (Watch Goob run to the hills like a scalded cat)

or it's not about soup.

or it's too about soup.

or Geddy's done too many ooh-ooh-oooohs.

or how they'll never manage to pull it off live without triggers and/or a phalanx of highly trained flying monkeys.

And, the majority of these criticisms will come from noobs, the majority of whom will piss off once the initial hubbub has died down, the wee-wee stain of criticism the only evidence of their brief mayfly-like visit to TRF.

laugh.gif So very true

After Counterparts - I was so jacked up for T4E. I went to a midnight release with a couple college buds to the record shop in downtown Clemson. I listened to that album over and over, and at the time I absolutely loved it. It still has a special place in my heart, but it's not one of my favorites.

Funny thing was a friend was all jacked up to see them in Charlotte, and said tickets were going onsale this Sat. We got up early and got to the ticketmaster site in Greenville, SC. We were there an hour before they opened to get in line... NOBODY was there. We were excited.... The guy finally opens the store up and we tell him we want Rush tix and he said... "Those went on sale last week" facepalm.gif

When you listen to music, you listen to your favorite band.

When your favorite band is Rush, you buy their new releases.

When their new release is in May, you realize that May is the last month of school.

When you realize the last month of school is May, you crash out during the summer, listening to Clockwork Angels.

I know we'll all just do that in May! tongue.gif That is, for students, like me. tongue.gif

All I can say is.......DUDE IT'S ****ING RUSH!!!!!

So giddy!

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Mar 5 2012, 09:42 PM)
When you listen to music, you listen to your favorite band.
When your favorite band is Rush, you buy their new releases.
When their new release is in May, you realize that May is the last month of school.
When you realize the last month of school is May, you crash out during the summer, listening to Clockwork Angels.

I know we'll all just do that in May! tongue.gif That is, for students, like me. tongue.gif

And for this Working (wo)Man, I'll be driving to work with the windows down and the music turned up, serenading the town as I drive through. Those that recognize the car with the Rush sticker will probably be saying "There goes Carrie to/home from work!"

they should do something soon, as the some of the forumers are getting out of control.

2.gif pacifier, anyone?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 09:27 AM)
It will Explode with Bitching if the album is to "Heavy" yes.gif

doesn't matter to me if it's too heavy or not heavy enough, as long as it sounds cohesive and not forced or heavy guitar layering while neil trying to jam a books worth of lyrics into a song.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 7 2012, 01:47 PM)
neil trying to jam a books worth of lyrics into a song.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 7 2012, 05:53 PM)
I'm a member of the Colts board and it sure exploded today after that emotional press conference. Indy without Manning is like Rush without Geddy. Going to take time to get used to.

Peyton like Geddy is the man. I didn't like to see him leave the colts and he seemed real upset fists crying.gif

I'm a member of the Colts board and it sure exploded today after that emotional press conference. Indy without Manning is like Rush without Geddy. Going to take time to get used to.

Word on the street is that Geddy has a Better arm

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 24 2012, 10:58 AM)

Word on the street is that Geddy has a Better arm

You been talking to Rob Lowe haven't you? tongue.gif

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Mar 3 2012, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:17 PM)
What is your experience of waiting for samples or singles or info from various records?

Pumpy pissed his bed the night before the release of Moving Pictures!

http://www.bloggingwv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bedwetting-main_Full.jpg

* Now Pumpy wears Depends!!!

I hope this is no longer a problem for Pumpy. wink.gif

I actually had a dream about the album last night and, as dreams tend to be, it was rather odd, but there were some fun elements to it:

I went to a show in advance of the release, and the setlist revealed all of the new CA material. The entire crowd was going nuts with each new song - they were INCREDIBLE. I hope that part, at least, is prophetic. (In my dream we had really shitty seats, so I hope THAT past doesn't come true).

Edited by Mara

I think I'll buy the album at Walmart the day of release after school (or on the way). Then I'll sit at home, put in the cd player attatched to my Dad's stereo system. It's 40 years old and still kicks ass. Then isolate myself from the world for a few hours. And come here and tell you all about it.