This Forum Is Getting Ready To Explode

presto123

Every indication points to a May release for CA so we are right on the cusp of info starting to leak out where maybe a band member makes a remark or some insider that has heard the material leaks some info and then shortly after that maybe we get 30 second samples of some of the tracks. Threads will be lit up with anticipation. This pre album thing has always been one of my fav periods every since the early 80's when I became a Rush fan. I remember being glued to the radio for hours waiting for the first single from Power Windows to be played and was thrilled after I heard it. Big Money was running through my head over and over on the way to work that night. Lets enjoy this anticipation period leading up to the release as it may be the last time we get to experience this with Rush. What is your experience of waiting for samples or singles or info from various records? I also waited at midnight with a friend to be one of the first to buy the T4E CD. 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember queuing outside my local record shop before opening time to get A Farewell To Kings on day of release. I was the only person in the queue but I got the LP home for 9:20 am and declared it the best thing ever before 10!

Now I no longer get excited by a new album but I still make sure I have them in day of release.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:17 PM)
What is your experience of waiting for samples or singles or info from various records?

Pumpy pissed his bed the night before the release of Moving Pictures!

http://www.bloggingwv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bedwetting-main_Full.jpg

* Now Pumpy wears Depends!!!

We took off from school, during our 9:00 am class ( Chorus) to go buy Signals when it was released form SPECS. They don't have those anymore. We hekd that album so tighly in our hands, reading every word, looking over the guys new look all the way until we left school to race home to listen to the album! I Love Signals!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 3 2012, 06:11 PM)
We took off from school, during our 9:00 am class ( Chorus) to go buy Signals when it was released form SPECS. They don't have those anymore. We hekd that album so tighly in our hands, reading every word, looking over the guys new look all the way until we left school to race home to listen to the album! I Love Signals!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Wow, myself and a bunch of my fellow deliquent friends did the same thing when "Moving Pictures" came out.

We then retreated to a friend's house where we listened to the album over and over and over while engaging in other deliquent-like activities.

Wow, high scholl seems like it was a million years ago.

Maybe I'll skip work when "Clockwork Angels" comes out, invite a bunch of friends over and engage in some deliquent-like activities and pretend I'm 17 all over again! smile.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 3 2012, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 3 2012, 06:11 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Wow, myself and a bunch of my fellow deliquent friends did the same thing when "Moving Pictures" came out.

We then retreated to a friend's house where we listened to the album over and over and over while engaging in other deliquent-like activities.

Wow, high scholl seems like it was a million years ago.

Maybe I'll skip work when "Clockwork Angels" comes out, invite a bunch of friends over and engage in some deliquent-like activities and pretend I'm 17 all over again! smile.gif

You're welcome to my place where deliquent activities will be aplently!

My only cool story was getting VT 2 days before it's release at a small record store. I just happened to stop by and ask him if he had it yet and wanted to just see it. He said, if you promise not to tell everyone, I will sell you a copy now! I said that I wouldn't tell "everyone" but I had to tell 2 of my friends! I burned 2 copies for them just so I could be King of the world for 2 days. They of course had to go buy it, so I knew that I wasn't stealing money from RUSH. We all loved it on first play! Again, shocking that some don't like it! laugh.gif

All the rest after Presto and besides VT was me going to the mall during my lunch at work and buying it on the first day.

Really, the only excitement for me was getting Rush's back catalog and S&A, since I only became a fan of Rush after VT was released. But I remember the excitement of going to get S&A with a buddy of mine. I picked him up from his place and we both went to get the album. Then we just sat in my car and listened to it for a while. It was a great day.

I received a mid-quality cassette of Test For Echo 3 weeks before it came out. A bunch of fans and I took an extended lunch and listened to the whole thing. I remember us just nodding our heads up and down when Half The World came on.

QUOTE (Draco @ Mar 3 2012, 11:38 PM)
I received a mid-quality cassette of Test For Echo 3 weeks before it came out. A bunch of fans and I took an extended lunch and listened to the whole thing. I remember us just nodding our heads up and down when Half The World came on.

Speaking of cassettes...do you remember those days? I had a really nice stereo system with 2 cassette decks so you could dub cassettes and also record from the radio, without just setting a tape deck next to the radio (did that too!) But I remember when they'd release a single before the album was released or usually they'd be on Rockline and I'd record them from the radio and be listening to them with the cheesy intro from the DJ and then the song then it would end by going into another song or another "That was the new single from RUSH" said in the over the top voice by the DJ. 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh the good ole days!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 3 2012, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Mar 3 2012, 11:38 PM)
I received a mid-quality cassette of Test For Echo 3 weeks before it came out.  A bunch of fans and I took an extended lunch and listened to the whole thing.  I remember us just nodding our heads up and down when Half The World came on.

Speaking of cassettes...do you remember those days? I had a really nice stereo system with 2 cassette decks so you could dub cassettes and also record from the radio, without just setting a tape deck next to the radio (did that too!) But I remember when they'd release a single before the album was released or usually they'd be on Rockline and I'd record them from the radio and be listening to them with the cheesy intro from the DJ and then the song then it would end by going into another song or another "That was the new single from RUSH" said in the over the top voice by the DJ. 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh the good ole days!

they better not play test 4 echo on the next tour. angry.gif

Since I've only been a big fan for a year and a half as of yesterday, this will be my first (studio) album release, and I'm psyched! I'll also be doing a lot more planning for shows this tour, so I've been thinking a lot about the logistics of that. I'm looking forward to springing into action when we know more! icon_alienjig.gif 2.gif

I remember waiting outside the day Vapor Trails came out with my dad and I also remember waiting for S&A when it came out. I'm always excited with new albums.

When Moving Pictures came out, my roommates and I went down to Tower at midnight (it was open 24 hours) and bought it. Brought it home, smoked a bowl and played it. Twice.

I was married by the time Signals came out, so no roommate but Hubby and I did the same thing for that and for GUP. Then we moved to Seattle and lost track of when albums came out. So this is the first eagerly awaited album for us in 28 years! common001.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 4 2012, 03:33 PM)
This is my first studio release. I got into Rush a few months before the Caravan single was released.

Don't Pee-Pee your bed the night before the release!

And for Ged sake, no Dune-Buggy trails either!!!

tongue.gif

The releases no longer get me *that* fired up, but dying of curiosity I get it right away and listen to leaks. The last time I went "whoa!" was hearing the 'hemisphere chord' in the leaked few seconds of far cry...

Oh in the old days how we tried to catch it on the radio, then ran to get it when it came out. Then went to shows with no idea of the setlist...

The last expecting something huge, and getting something WAY huger was Moving Pictures. Not to say there havent been good songs and albums since then, but the 1-2 punch of PeW and MP was unreal.

I remember the day 2112 came out and my friends brother brought it home and played it. I hadn't heard of Rush before but I was hooked from then on.

I also remember the radio leaks we had before S&A for a 30 second clip on this board. I think it was the most members in one thread at the same time while we were waiting for it to be downloaded.

Every indication points to a May release for CA so we are right on the cusp of info starting to leak out where maybe a band member makes a remark or some insider that has heard the material leaks some info and then shortly after that maybe we get 30 second samples of some of the tracks. Threads will be lit up with anticipation. This pre album thing has always been one of my fav periods every since the early 80's when I became a Rush fan. I remember being glued to the radio for hours waiting for the first single from Power Windows to be played and was thrilled after I heard it. Big Money was running through my head over and over on the way to work that night. Lets enjoy this anticipation period leading up to the release as it may be the last time we get to experience this with Rush. What is your experience of waiting for samples or singles or info from various records? I also waited at midnight with a friend to be one of the first to buy the T4E CD. 1022.gif 2.gif

Cool post, man. An excellent reminder of why we're here.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 4 2012, 10:43 PM)
Every indication points to a May release for CA so we are right on the cusp of info starting to leak out where maybe a band member makes a remark or some insider that has heard the material leaks some info and then shortly after that maybe we get 30 second samples of some of the tracks. Threads will be lit up with anticipation. This pre album thing has always been one of my fav periods every since the early 80's when I became a Rush fan. I remember being glued to the radio for hours waiting for the first single from Power Windows to be played and was thrilled after I heard it. Big Money was running through my head over and over on the way to work that night.  Lets enjoy this anticipation period leading up to the release as it may be the last time we get to experience this with Rush. What is your experience of waiting for samples or singles or info from various records? I also waited at midnight with a friend to be one of the first to buy the T4E CD. 1022.gif  2.gif

Cool post, man. An excellent reminder of why we're here.

yes.gif