Would It Kill Somebody To Throw Us A Bone?

presto123

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 11 2012, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (rocketom @ Jan 11 2012, 10:56 AM)
Tour announcement could come in a few weeks.

not if they're starting the tour in September

Sure they would, if this is true wink.gif . Plenty of bands put tickets on sale way ahead of time. Roger Waters , Van Halen, Billy Joel ect. I have had tickets in hand for a show 9 months away sometimes

Ridiculous eh?!

I remember the same thing back in 2007 with Genesis. I must've had those tickets in hand for around 7-8 months early. I even managed to take a 2-month trip to Europe in between...came back, and then went to the concert a few weeks later.

laugh.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also this from rushandstuff.com

"With Clockwork Angels, we wanted o do some different things, things we've talked about but never fully followed through on. For instance, I always wanted to expand upon the lyrics in Dog Years, specifically the turtles from Galapagos. I felt there was a story not fully told there, so there is a 20 minute piece on the album detailing more the turtles story rather than the dogs. Also, Ged recently took yodeling lessons so we have a little 3 minute tune with just Ged doing some yodeling. No instruments on that one. Really interesting stuff.I think this is the best album we've ever done."

Neil Peart-December, 2011

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 11 2012, 06:02 PM)
There is also this from rushandstuff.com

"With Clockwork Angels, we wanted o do some different things, things we've talked about but never fully followed through on. For instance, I always wanted to expand upon the lyrics in Dog Years, specifically the turtles from Galapagos. I felt there was a story not fully told there, so there is a 20 minute piece on the album detailing more the turtles story rather than the dogs. Also, Ged recently took yodeling lessons so we have a little 3 minute tune with just Ged doing some yodeling. No instruments on that one.  Really interesting stuff.I think this is the best album we've ever done."
Neil Peart-December, 2011

If that's true....

.... they have another 20 minute song that's sure to kick butt! 1022.gif yes.gif

Edit: yes I know you were joking laugh.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 11 2012, 11:59 AM)

"I really like the songs. I recorded the drums on my new DW set specially made from the bark of the Nimbus tree found in the mountainous region between the Wounded City and the Razor's Edge that I discovered while riding my bike along a deserted back road with lots of interesting pebbles and unfortunatley an old church sign that really pissed me off. It was like an assault. The nerve of those people. The geniouses at DW really outdid themselves. The guys agree these are my best sounding drums ever."  Neil Peart

laugh.gif

Great Harry sig too biggrin.gif

Here's some real interview from Classic Rock with Gedster:

.. the title track is shaping up to be a classic Rush epic. "That song is a longer piece, and I think if anything it'll only get longer when we've finished with it," he says. "I don't think it's double digits yet in terms of minutes, but we're pushing all the songs as long as we can." ... "There's a story going on," confirms Lee. "When we had discussions about themes for the album it was connected to the idea of a different kind of future and the whole aesthetic of steampunk, which is so cool. It's a futuristic point of view that's rooted in the past, which makes it so interesting. When you look at the steampunk designs they all look Victorian yet fast-forwarded in some magical way to the future. The idea of building a story around that world appealed to us. The Time Machine tour really was a preview of that. We jumped the gun a bit and got too excited and couldn't hold it back."

Ha Tony - beat me to it laugh.gif

That has me psyched!! common001.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 10 2012, 09:44 PM)
Dude just be patient like the rest of us, Go to Van Halen.com and listen to their new single until Rush's masterpiece is unveiled!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

no.gif

A Van Halen single is a bad sign...

And a masterpiece from Rush is impossible...

QUOTE (RUDT @ Jan 12 2012, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 10 2012, 09:44 PM)
Dude just be patient like the rest of us, Go to Van Halen.com and listen to their new single until Rush's masterpiece is unveiled! 

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

no.gif

A Van Halen single is a bad sign...

And a masterpiece from Rush is impossible...

After all the impossible (or at the very least, improbable) things they've accomplished, you think it's impossible for them to make a masterpiece? confused13.gif

"We went back to a more stripped-down, organic approach." Geddy Lee

"We had alot of fun making this record, its our best work in 20 years." Alex Lifeson

Those sound a lot like the quotes from S&A.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 10 2012, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 10 2012, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 10 2012, 04:38 PM)
Once again the Rush camp lives up to their billing as most secretive rock band.

King Crimson

Don't know too much about King Crimson. Are they secretive as well?

That's why you don't know anything about them wink.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jan 13 2012, 08:52 AM)

"We had alot of fun making this record, its our best work in 20 years." Alex Lifeson

Indeed, but they say that every album since HYF. It was a joke.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 13 2012, 12:10 PM)

Didn't realize it was a joke. My appologies.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jan 13 2012, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 13 2012, 12:10 PM)

Didn't realize it was a joke. My appologies.

Yeah you do have to take any quotes about a new release with a grain of salt. They always say it's the best stuff they have done in a long time This time I hope it's true smile.gif

Didn't Nick R say that S&A was supposed to be old school Rush, like Hemispheres or something? That certainly did not come to fruition. I have high high hopes for CA, because I am really digging Caravan and BU2B. I just hope all of this epic talk is not another epic let down.

unsure.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jan 13 2012, 03:19 PM)
Didn't Nick R say that S&A was supposed to be old school Rush, like Hemispheres or something? That certainly did not come to fruition. I have high high hopes for CA, because I am really digging Caravan and BU2B. I just hope all of this epic talk is not another epic let down.

unsure.gif smile.gif

Well if they can just keep the rest of the record at the level of Caravan and BU2B this will be a monster record for me. I think those first two are as good or better than Far Cry which was by far the best song on SnA.

Well if they can just keep the rest of the record at the level of Caravan and BU2B this will be a monster record for me. I think those first two are as good or better than Far Cry which was by far the best song on SnA.

Totally agree! trink39.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jan 13 2012, 04:34 PM)

Totally agree! trink39.gif

Ditto!

Can't get enough of Caravan and Bu2B and Far Cry is on my playlist constantly...