Would It Kill Somebody To Throw Us A Bone?

presto123

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 13 2012, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jan 13 2012, 04:34 PM)
Well if they can just keep the rest of the record at the level of Caravan and BU2B this will be a monster record for me. I think those first two are as good or better than Far Cry which was by far the best song on SnA.

Totally agree! trink39.gif

Ditto!

Can't get enough of Caravan and Bu2B and Far Cry is on my playlist constantly...

Far Cry and Caravan are instant Rush classics!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....this thread is still relevant as ever. LOL Now that mixing is done I can't believe nobody in the Rush camp will even give a little quote on how it came out. The Neil update was posted before the mixing sessions. We should be hearing something real soon I would think but I'm getting impatient with all this silence. wtf.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 14 2012, 07:12 PM)
Well....this thread is still relevant as ever. LOL Now that mixing is done I can't believe nobody in the Rush camp will even give a little quote on how it came out. The Neil update was posted before the mixing sessions. We should be hearing something real soon I would think but I'm getting impatient with all this silence. wtf.gif

Remember those crazy days before the Internet and you really had no clue of when a band was working on an album.

Remember when the only way you found out that a band was going on tour was either reading a Rock magazine or just checking your local newspaper and looking for the ad for the venue near your city and seeing what their schedule was OR hearing it announced on the radio "Coming to Cleveland on May 7, 1981 at the Richfield Coliseum.... 2.gif on the Moving Pictures Tour!

Ahhh...how things have changed.

Granted, I prefer the days we live in now, but my suggestion is:

BE PATIENT!

They will put it out when they do and knowing about it isn't going to make it any sooner! wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

PS. I want to know too, I'm just busting your balls! trink39.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 13 2012, 08:38 PM)
Well if they can just keep the rest of the record at the level of Caravan and BU2B this will be a monster record for me. I think those first two are as good or better than Far Cry which was by far the best song on SnA.

Honestly, without wishing it to sound like fanboy gushing, the first time I heard 'Caravan' I was like "Shit, this is the best thing they've done for about 15 years...at least." Catchy enough to stick in your head, proggy enough to engage the old grey matter; I thought it was a great omen for the album and still do.

Now if only they'd hurry up and release the damn thing...

QUOTE (Svartmetall @ Feb 14 2012, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 13 2012, 08:38 PM)

Honestly, without wishing it to sound like fanboy gushing, the first time I heard 'Caravan' I was like "Shit, this is the best thing they've done for about 15 years...at least." Catchy enough to stick in your head, proggy enough to engage the old grey matter; I thought it was a great omen for the album and still do.

Now if only they'd hurry up and release the damn thing...

Absolutely. With BU2B I totally got an old school Rush vibe especially the way Geddy approaches the bass and Alex using guitar for atmosphere similar to what he did on GUP. I think they are trying to combine their last 3 or 4 records with a more prog like aggressive approach from their past. The fact that there is going to be an album side suite(something most of us thought they would never do again) is more icing on the cake. I have a good feeling about this one 1022.gif

Edited by presto123

I haven't seen so much hype since Star Wars Episode 1 " The Phantom Menace" we know how that turned out. Caravan and BU2B are becoming that really cool and elaborate trailer everyone flipped over until the movie was released!

Somehow I think the boys will deliver though!

but I must repeat those imfamous words at the end of the movie Fanboys:

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 15 2012, 02:57 PM)
I haven't seen so much hype since Star Wars Episode 1 " The Phantom Menace" we know how that turned out. Caravan and BU2B are becoming that really cool and elaborate trailer everyone flipped over until the movie was released!

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

Well....I was really hyped when I first heard Far Cry and the rest of the record was a bit of a let down. I'm hoping not to repeat that experience.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 15 2012, 03:07 PM)

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

Well....I was really hyped when I first heard Far Cry and the rest of the record was a bit of a let down. I'm hoping not to repeat that experience.

heh, i remember hearing the beginning of far cry up to the hemispheres chord and thinking this is going to be good. than it went downhill fast kind of like a big drop on a roller coaster. wacko.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 15 2012, 03:14 PM)

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

heh, i remember hearing the beginning of far cry up to the hemispheres chord and thinking this is going to be good. than it went downhill fast kind of like a big drop on a roller coaster. wacko.gif eh.gif

Gee, I never knew you didn't like S&A. I'll have to remember that...

Anyways, I don't see why they'd sit on the record for so long since they were working a ton to get the recording finished before the new year. Doesn't really make much sense to me.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Feb 15 2012, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 15 2012, 03:14 PM)

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

Gee, I never knew you didn't like S&A. I'll have to remember that...

Anyways, I don't see why they'd sit on the record for so long since they were working a ton to get the recording finished before the new year. Doesn't really make much sense to me.

maybe they want to space out the new album from all the rest of the videos etc. they released recently, and have the people get hungry again to spend their money.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 15 2012, 01:14 PM)

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

Hmmm, I remember getting all excited about the Hemispheres chord on Far Cry, and then I ended up really liking S&A, which was a surprise to me since it had been such a long time since I truly dug a Rush album. Sure, the album has it's low points, but even the lesser songs are better than anything on the two preceding albums IMHO, and the songs that are great on S&A are truly great.

I'm not really into the first two songs released from CA, but I'm hoping there are still some songs I like or love. I'd be really happy with two great songs, thrilled with three.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 10 2012, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 10 2012, 04:38 PM)
Once again the Rush camp lives up to their billing as most secretive rock band.

King Crimson

Dark Hardware

Edited by Nate2112

The unfortunate passing of their good friend Andrew McNaughton may have pushed things back just a slight bit ( not the tour, just the album release ).

Though I'm not sure what " work " the guys would have to do on the album at this point ( is it not all left to mastering etc by now?) I'd assume that the guys likely weren't feeling like even " approving " anything in the week or two after his passing.

Just a guess though.

QUOTE (Svartmetall @ Feb 15 2012, 05:39 PM)
#Why are we here?
We want to hear!
Throw some bones
Throw some bones

But still we all wait
For the release date
Throw some bones
Throw some bones#

rofl3.gif Classic:) Let me add:

Why won't it happen

Because I'm crappin

Throw some bones

Throw some bones

Jack Relax....only be 8 more months max....

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 15 2012, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 15 2012, 01:14 PM)

"What if it sucks?"

rofl3.gif

Hmmm, I remember getting all excited about the Hemispheres chord on Far Cry, and then I ended up really liking S&A, which was a surprise to me since it had been such a long time since I truly dug a Rush album. Sure, the album has it's low points, but even the lesser songs are better than anything on the two preceding albums IMHO, and the songs that are great on S&A are truly great.

I'm not really into the first two songs released from CA, but I'm hoping there are still some songs I like or love. I'd be really happy with two great songs, thrilled with three.

if you think they're great, that's all that matters. as far as the new album, i'm aboard with you in that i'm hoping to get a few great ones because i'm not into the ones released already.