Your Pick of This Sorry Bunch?

Steevo

Which 80s Album Wins Out?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which 80s Album Wins Out?

• Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Jan 4 2012, 07:47 PM)

In short, all 3 are really good albums. Want some stinkers? Try self titled, Caress of Steel and VT. (IMO that is)

I respect your opinion but the debut, Caress Of Steel and Vapor Trails are all in my top 9. I never saw the big deal with Middletown Dreams. I'm going with Presto.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 4 2012, 04:08 PM)
I use HYF as a drink coaster

I've noticed it works better on hot, sunny days, or maybe when you overfill the glass.

QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Jan 4 2012, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Jan 4 2012, 07:47 PM)

In short, all 3 are really good albums.  Want some stinkers?  Try self titled, Caress of Steel and VT.  (IMO that is)

I respect your opinion but the debut, Caress Of Steel and Vapor Trails are all in my top 9.

trink39.gif

For the record, I don't think any album from Rush can be called "Sorry". Some are certainly stronger than others, but every album contains a least a few gems that ALWAYS sound good.

Power Windows doesn't belong on the list and neither does Presto.

HYF belongs in a sorry class all by itself. Of all the albums for the guys to shit on (Caress of Steel being the one I remember the most) HYF is easily the most forgettable and worst. Some people love Mission. I can't stand that song.

Open Letter - Ugh

Second Nature - Double ugh

Prime Mover, Time Stand Still, High Water and Tai-Shan are ok.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 2 2012, 03:26 AM)
Power Windows is close to a masterpiece. Presto is pretty darn good. Hold Your Fire is good but hit and miss and toward the bottom half of Rush records for me.

You can pretty much ditto this for me. Power Windows is at least in my top seven.

Out of the three Power Windows is the only one that I wouldn't skip tracks. Remember being in the audience for the Hold Your Fire tour in the UK in1988 which became part of A Showof Hands. Rush hadn't toured in Britain since the Signals Tour in 1983 and everyone was eager to hear all the classics but instead we got mainly Power Windows and Hold Your Fire songs, there was applause but the place only got going with La Villa Strangiato and that was the last song.