CA Will Be Best Rush Record Since????

presto123

CA Will Be Best Rush Record Since....  

73 members have voted

1. 1. CA Will Be Best Rush Record Since....

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress Of Steel
    • Farewell To Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes And Arrows

QUOTE (RUDT @ Nov 26 2011, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Nov 26 2011, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 26 2011, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (RUDT @ Nov 26 2011, 01:44 PM)
i don't think, CA will be better than Snakes and Arrows

I agree with this comment, but only with the comma where the poster put it (which is likely contrary to his intent, unless he's incredibly self-deprecatory).

rofl3.gif 2funny.gif z7shysterical.gif

That was great.

I hope, I am wrong...

nice save! tongue.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not clue till I sit down and give it 5 spins.

It usually takes me 5 spins to digest everything. Melodies, Lyrics, Riffs, Solo's, overall production, Theme.

All I can say is Rush has made plenty of brilliant records since Moving Pictures.

Plenty.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 26 2011, 06:31 PM)
Counterparts, definitely. It was either that or HYF, but I think his lyrics are going to get all anti-religion again.

All?

I always thought it was very unfortunate that BU2B was one of the first songs they finished because it set up a situation where people could get the wrong idea. You might be right. It could be an album that's one big shot at religion. But you might be wrong. BU2B could be the exception.

Besides, out of more than 150 songs in the catalog, how many of them are anti-religion? Four? Why would the assumption be that Neil's going to do a giant anti-religion piece now?

QUOTE (Todem @ Nov 26 2011, 07:22 PM)
I have not clue till I sit down and give it 5 spins.

It usually takes me 5 spins to digest everything. Melodies, Lyrics, Riffs, Solo's, overall production, Theme.

All I can say is Rush has made plenty of brilliant records since Moving Pictures.

Plenty.

I didn't really start to like Vapor Trails until about a year after it came out. I didn't really dig Snakes & Arrows for probably about six months. They grew on me and now with the exception of a track or two, I find them very enjoyable.

I suspect CA will be exactly the same. I won't "get it" for a while, but it will grow on me. I'm heartened though, that I really got into Caravan and BU2B both when they first came out.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Nov 26 2011, 06:33 PM)
Somebody put Farewell To Kings. Wow. I hope you are right tongue.gif

tongue.gif Wow, that's one of my favorites, but they've put out plenty of good albums since then.

I'm going with "since Counterparts"; don't care for T4E, can't listen to VT and S&A got old fast for me (except for Far Cry and Larger Bowl)

The two new ones (BU2B & Caravan) are so heavy and busy, I'm hoping for a whole album of that, lots of busy instrumental work like Caravan..

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 26 2011, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 26 2011, 06:31 PM)
Counterparts, definitely. It was either that or HYF, but I think his lyrics are going to get all anti-religion again.

All?

I always thought it was very unfortunate that BU2B was one of the first songs they finished because it set up a situation where people could get the wrong idea. You might be right. It could be an album that's one big shot at religion. But you might be wrong. BU2B could be the exception.

Besides, out of more than 150 songs in the catalog, how many of them are anti-religion? Four? Why would the assumption be that Neil's going to do a giant anti-religion piece now?

S&A could be like a set-up, you know? Like the guy who just throws the ball up for the alley-oop. CA would then be Neil going for the slam (probably while tea bagging the defender).

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 26 2011, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (RUDT @ Nov 26 2011, 01:44 PM)
i don't think, CA will be better than Snakes and Arrows

I agree with this comment, but only with the comma where the poster put it (which is likely contrary to his intent, unless he's incredibly self-deprecatory).

This record will blow S&A away...if it already hasn't...

I voted for "since p/g" but with a great epic it could be the best since MP...

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 26 2011, 08:29 PM)
I didn't really start to like Vapor Trails until about a year after it came out. I didn't really dig Snakes & Arrows for probably about six months. They grew on me and now with the exception of a track or two, I find them very enjoyable.

I suspect CA will be exactly the same. I won't "get it" for a while, but it will grow on me. I'm heartened though, that I really got into Caravan and BU2B both when they first came out.

I have similar reasons for being optimistic. Rush songs often take a few listens to really grow on me, but I was into Caravan and BU2B right from the start.

As highly as I think of those two songs, I'd be happy if Clockwork Angels ended up simply at the level of Snakes and Arrows, as I feel S&A is one hell of an album, loaded with great songs.

But I selected A Farewell to Kings in this poll because I like being random and irreverent.

QUOTE (Red_Lenses @ Nov 27 2011, 04:40 AM)
Could we please just wait for the album to come out before everyone judge's it we only have heard 2 songs. banghead.gif Besides there are some on here that already have made up thier minds and can't wait to bash it.

I think that I can safely speak for all those who ever put down Rush albums with this paragraph:

I don't ever WANT to put down a Rush album or look forward to putting a Rush album down. I want to love every single one. I want to be pleasantly surprised when I have low expectations and have them create a new masterpiece like they used to regularly. I want to be proven wrong and be blown away by their new album. I'm just trying to be realistic based on what I know is all.

Ok, that's the end part of speaking for others. It's hard for me to be optimistic when I already don't like the first two songs (I like the musical parts of Caravan, but not the lyrics, and I can't stand BU2B). That doesn't bode well for a great album, since at the minimum the album is two songs short of a perfect album. If I don't like the first two songs, it's realistic to expect that those are by far the worst two songs and the rest will be amazing to me. I would love to be wrong.

Can't vote. Dont like Caravan at all, like BU2B, and do not like the lyrics so far at all. Another album full of Neil preaching to us about how there is no god. Getting read tired of that.

But musically so far it sounds a lot more modern to me than S&A, much heavier, which is fine by me.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (Watchful_Eye @ Nov 28 2011, 11:33 AM)
The first two songs make it already sure that it is better than S&A, because it has at least 2 more great songs than S&A.

goodpost.gif

Vapor Trails was a great album to me though, I am not sure if they can beat this smile.gif

oops.gif

Well, I am going with "best since COUNTERPARTS".

I'm going to keep it fairly safe...I think they can still put out something that will be as good as Counterparts. Personally, I love CP. I would put it up there as one of my personal favourite Rush albums, start to finish. Just solid all-around.

It's well-documented that I really liked S&A. I think it was a great record personally. However, as much as I like it, I believe that they can do better by sticking to what I love about the 2 new tracks. THEY ARE HEAVY!!!

S&A, while great, has alot of slow tracks and melodies to it. I'm not saying that's a bad thing...but I love when tracks just ROCK. Counterparts was the last album IMO, that truly rocked.

I know that fans of Vapor Trails will say that it was heavy, which is true. But IMO, (and I know I'm 'beating the dead horse'), the truly shitty production really affected the songs in a bad way. I still think there are some really great tracks on it, but the consistency is not there.

I would put Test For Echo in the same boat. It is a solid album...despite the crap it gets thrown at it. Lots of really great tunes on it, but again, nowhere near the consistency of CP in my opinion.

So yeah, my 'safe bet' is to go with Counterparts because I believe that they still have enough in the tank to put something out that competes with CP. Will it be better? Time will tell. If it is as good as or better than CP, then I will truly be blown away. If it is THAT good, then I would imagine it will be the best since PoW, which at this stage in their careers would be unbelievable!

As long as it's better than that slab of Horseshit S&A, that will be fine by me