Zep or Sabbath

metaldad

Yesterday i listened to all the Classic Sabbath , Sabbath thru Mob Rules. Today i did all the Zep , Not Coda wink.gif

If you can have only 1 band's catalog out of these 2 , who would it be.

Me, Sabbath 1022.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 9 2011, 04:43 PM)
How about both? 1022.gif

no.gif Only one

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 9 2011, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 9 2011, 05:18 PM)
Led Zep

You only picked Zep because they sound nearest to Jerry Lee Lewis who you really wwanted to choose!

cool10.gif

Hardly, he's not been the same since he split up with Dean Martin.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 9 2011, 06:04 PM)
Led Zep

You only picked Zep because they sound nearest to Jerry Lee Lewis who you really wwanted to choose!

cool10.gif

He was great with John Wayne in El Dorado!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 9 2011, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 9 2011, 06:04 PM)
Led Zep

cool10.gif

He was great with John Wayne in El Dorado!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah, he co-directed it with Walter Pigeon too.

They were going to ask Zep to do the soundtrack but unfortunately they hadn't been formed yet.

Too hard to choose. I loved Led Zeppelin when I was a younger, but I've more recently discovered the greatness of Sabbath. Zeppelin doesn't have a bad album (excluding Coda) and Sabbath went a bit down hill after Dio left (Dehumanizer was good though). Both bands have immortal guitar to them and three of the largest vocalists in history. Its like choosing between members of RUSH.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 9 2011, 06:05 PM)
Zep by a hundred million miles.

Was a Sabbath fan when I was younger, but it's a tad too dark for me these days.

Zep for me, easily. Way wider range of music.

Can't imagine listening to Sabbath's catalog all the way through.

Don't get me wrong, lots of great songs from Sabbath! Just not quite up to Zep interms of musicianship or songwriting.

Overall it's Sabbath though Led Zep are a great band. The reason I chose Sabbath is that I really love metal. In fact, it's my favorite genre (though my favorite band is non-metal). Sabbath's influence on the metal genre is like that of the Beatles on everything else. Sabbath also had a hard-hitting psychedelic sound that was simply more powerful than Led Zep's relatively tame material. Other reasons why I choose Sabbath include: Tony Iommi is way better than Jimmy Page. Ozzy is a way better singer than Plant. Paranoid and Master of Reality beat any album by Led Zep.

However, as we all know, John Bonham was a much better drummer than Bill Ward. Also, Black Sabbath have yet to put out a live DVD half as decent as the ones Led Zep have put out. Also, Led Zep's material was overall more consistent than Black Sabbath who put out a number of crappy albums. But imo, Sabbath's legendary tracks beat Led Zep's legendary tracks. Btw, can't wait for Sabbath's (probable) reunion announcement on Friday!!!