last movie you watched

sonicjams

Starting the film countdown to Endgame!

2008 gave us the start of a magnificent film series.

MCU is currently holding a 15-6 record with me. That is pretty good of course but there is room for a lot of improvement. When the MCU is at their best they are hitting grand slams like Infinity War, Civil War, and Avengers 1.

Given the way film studios are set on cranking out films as fast as possible and making as much money as possible, Marvel Films has done an extraordinary job of making consistently good films. Most other studios would be lucky to have a 50% success rate.

I agree. Even the 6 that I count as losses I would not say are total failures as every Marvel movie has some parts I can enjoy. So yeah, none of them I would actually give an F grade.

As a comparison, I would give the DCEU a 1-4 record with 3 of those losses truly being F grades [Wonder Woman being their only passing grade]. They are so bad that I cant bring myself to watch Aquaman despite some decent reviews from friends, comic fans, and critics.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I cant bring myself to watch Aquaman despite some decent reviews from friends, comic fans, and critics.

I literally forgot about Aquaman the day after I saw it. Just another dime-o-dozen mindless CGI action flick, with no chance for drama or great acting.

I cant bring myself to watch Aquaman despite some decent reviews from friends, comic fans, and critics.

I literally forgot about Aquaman the day after I saw it. Just another dime-o-dozen mindless CGI action flick, with no chance for drama or great acting.

Momoa is a musclebound beast who says “badass” as Aquaman. That’s not Aquaman.

Momoa is a musclebound beast who says “badass” as Aquaman. That’s not Aquaman.

I saw it......it was ok. but forgettable ultimately. I don't get the drooling praise i see on the net.

and i really am seeing it. one person said. this is film is DC overtaking the MCU.

Yea.....no, lol

Mick

• Like 1

I liked this animated film quite a bit. The animation was most impressive, the dialogue was very good, and the characters were excellent.

A solid thumb's UP. :ebert: :ebert:

Spider-Man-Into-The-Spider-Verse.jpg

• Like 1

Cargo

A totally different take on the post-apocalyptic Zombie genre with a masterful performance by Martin Freeman.

Very emotional and genuinely moving ending.

Hired Gun. About some of the better musicians you may have heard, but rarely hear bout.

I got a couple words for Ged and Alex if they start looking again.

Kenny Aronoff. 'Nuff said.

• Like 1

I liked this animated film quite a bit. The animation was most impressive, the dialogue was very good, and the characters were excellent.

A solid thumb's UP. :ebert: :ebert:

Spider-Man-Into-The-Spider-Verse.jpg

:yes:

Very entertaining!

Us ----- Creepy but GOOD

I thoughf it was just ok. I love the idea, but too often the execution of the story seemed to rely on one slasher film trope after another.

0mXDuCC.jpg

Just realized it’s not the NC17 version that I’m watching on Showtime since it doesn’t show the infamous full frontal scene. This is a network that played Showgirls and the Saw movies many times. You’d think they wouldn’t chicken out. FFS Showtime.

Edited by invisible airwave

Spider man-Into the Spider-verse.

no joke.....far and away my fav Spidey film released. this film NAILED it.

Mick

Kingpin was bigger than Thanos! :LOL:

• Like 1

Mick

KEEP MEANING TO WATCH IT!

• Like 2

Mick

KEEP MEANING TO WATCH IT!

Same here. Definitely gonna get to it on Netflix since they play the animated Sony movies unlike Starz with the live action. Homecoming was easily the best since part 2.

215px-Momposter.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave