last movie you watched

sonicjams

Ben-Hur

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8_ENa7sVpug/SmVhEdIuNbI/AAAAAAAAEdc/_TT6QkZsOYk/s400/bh%2Besther.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

Finishing off The Omen Trilogy ... Somehow, The Final Conflict had slipped thru the cracks as I knew next to nothing about it .. Having watched the first two in the past month, I was fearing the worst with a third movie, but I was pleasantly surprised - shocked even on how good this movie is ..

About as good as I could have hoped, with a very cool ending ...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/1b86e4945e368d4765af470105424bfb.jpg

Man Of Steel

I've developed a greater appreciation for the film, but the unending fight scene at the end, with countless skyscrapers tumbling down, still makes me shake my head in dismay. You literally have to fast-forward thru it.

Finishing off The Omen Trilogy ... Somehow, The Final Conflict had slipped thru the cracks as I knew next to nothing about it .. Having watched the first two in the past month, I was fearing the worst with a third movie, but I was pleasantly surprised - shocked even on how good this movie is ..

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/1b86e4945e368d4765af470105424bfb.jpg

I need to re-watch this trilogy.
  • Like 2

I had never seen The Final Conflict, and it's not really talked about much, so I went in with low expectations - it's really pretty good ... The original is excellent, and the two sequels both have their moments .... A very solid group films

What really helps the sequels are the two actors who portray Damien ... The kid in Part 2 is great, and Sam Neil is really good too ..

Edited by Lucas

Man Of Steel

I've developed a greater appreciation for the film, but the unending fight scene at the end, with countless skyscrapers tumbling down, still makes me shake my head in dismay. You literally have to fast-forward thru it.

Some of the action was good but yeah, that never ending city destruction got boring. And then it got more boring. Then, it continued.

This movie’s grade has fluctuated with me after every watch. I’ve seen it maybe 3 times. I’d probably now give it a C.

The Shape of Water.

Stunningly good, beautifully filmed and seamlessly directed, this is one of the best films I've seen in a while.

Touching and genuinely moving.

• Like 2

The Void

A throwback to the 80s .. Gates Of Hell + The Thing + The Beyond + Re-animator with a bit of Stranger Things and maybe some Halloween III .. And Hellraiser

A highly enjoyable mess

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

The Shape of Water.

Stunningly good, beautifully filmed and seamlessly directed, this is one of the best films I've seen in a while.

Great Oscar winning score as well. Fox Searchlight just signed a new multi picture dew with him which is nice. I just hope they’re not limited to their creativity now that Disney owns them.

220px-New_jack_city.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave

The Shape of Water.

Del Toro is a genius.
  • Like 2

I had never seen The Final Conflict, and it's not really talked about much, so I went in with low expectations - it's really pretty good ... The original is excellent, and the two sequels both have their moments .... A very solid group films

What really helps the sequels are the two actors who portray Damien ... The kid in Part 2 is great, and Sam Neil is really good too ..

:yes:
  • Like 1

Logan's Run. A great concept (I see it's now a series). I think the original holds up pretty well, if one can accept the goofy (epic?) 70s effects and stiff dialog. It even has Farah Fawcett in it!

Logan's Run was dystopia before dystopia was cool.

ETA: Peter Ustinov shows up at the end, and the genius of his acting stands in great contrast to the generally ham-handed acting present throughout the film. Ustinov was a treasure.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

It's been awhile since a movie has made me feel that strange flood of emotion - ya know, where your face gets all warm and eyes well up and water runs down your cheeks, even though you do all you can to shut the faucet off

2006's Memories Of Matsuko

713Xbz8fWnL._SL1084_.jpg

• Like 1

Logan's Run. A great concept (I see it's now a series). I think the original holds up pretty well, if one can accept the goofy (epic?) 70s effects and stiff dialog. It even has Farah Fawcett in it!

Logan's Run was dystopia before dystopia was cool.

ETA: Peter Ustinov shows up at the end, and the genius of his acting stands in great contrast to the generally ham-handed acting present throughout the film. Ustinov was a treasure.

Used to love this movie as a kid. I don't think it's aging very well. This one could definitely use a remake.