last movie you watched

sonicjams

1JUzBOrm.jpg

It starting out interesting, got long and then finished up well again. It focused on the 10 years that Twisted Sister played New York area clubs before they signed to a label. Since I'm not from the area, the club names etc didn't mean that much to me and that stretch was kind of long. The movie is 2 hrs. 15 minutes; they needed to edit 15 minutes out somewhere! :LOL: The rest was enjoyable! :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Lost_in_Translation_poster.jpg

I have a soft spot for this movie...it's both hilarious and sad. Anyone who's been in a foreign place alone can relate to this particular brand of loneliness. Not a huge fan of Scarlett Johannson overall, don't really think she can act her way out a paper bag. But she was good in this role. And Bill Murray was perfect for this part...his scenes while filming the commercial and photo shoot are so funny. You can feel his frustration. It's just a sweet little movie.

• Like 5

I have a soft spot for this movie...it's both hilarious and sad. Anyone who's been in a foreign place alone can relate to this particular brand of loneliness. Not a huge fan of Scarlett Johannson overall, don't really think she can act her way out a paper bag. But she was good in this role. And Bill Murray was perfect for this part...his scenes while filming the commercial and photo shoot are so funny. You can feel his frustration. It's just a sweet little movie.

Finally saw this on Showtime a couple of years ago and I agree especially regarding Scar Jo. She’s just a blonde Kristen Stewart and the Jen Lawrence of under acting but it fits for her role here.

• Like 1

I like this one very much.

Finally saw this on Showtime a couple of years ago and I agree especially regarding Scar Jo. She’s just a blonde Kristen Stewart and the Jen Lawrence of under acting but it fits for her role here.

Interesting, I think Jennifer Lawrence is a typically forgettable young Hollywood star. It’s hard to see why she’s appreciated so much.

As for Lost in Translation, that’s totally me. Great movie with so much that’s done right. Grade: A+

• Like 1