Roger Waters

Mr. Not

QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 4 2011, 11:24 PM)
Seeing it this time around in Indianapolis! So excited to see him finally come back. Hoping for a great stage show.

I haven't made up my mind yet , geez tickets before Christmas and what 7 or 8 months before the show. wacko.gif

Price range at Indy is like $68-$200 not bad.

Sweet.

I saw The Wall in Oakland on the first American leg.

It was simply the best concert I've ever seen. Period.

It looks like the closest venue this time will be AT&T Park in San Francisco. Not really happy about that choice. Outside does not seem right for this show, and giant stadium tours usually turn me off automatically.

But...I will not miss the opportunity to see this tour again. It is absolutely amazing.

Playing the Rose Garden in Portland in mid-May. Tix go on sale in just over a week. I am very torn as to whether to go or not. I have seen the show on what is likely the best video boot ever created (tapehead2 from Chicago last year) and it is nothing short of spectacular, visually especially. But I think it would be very frustrating and annoying to see other guys doing Dave's guitar parts. It certainly is when I watch it on video. Granted, the whole Wall concept is Roger's and all the lyrics are his but musically plenty of it is Dave though obviously not all. To be a bit more blunt, Roger's ego really bothers me. He will happily tell you that HE was Pink Floyd and I know better. One of the things I love the most about Rush is that they are all still friends and they've learned how to get along and subjugate their personal egos for the good of the band. Yet, The Wall such a great concept and Roger's present tour of it is such an awesome execution I might go anyway. Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 5 2011, 11:44 PM)
I really want to see him but I'm not sure if I'll go. Tickets are probably going to cost a fortune and I just spent most of my money on a Marillion ticket.

Is it true that he lip syncs live? If so I don't think it would be worth going to.

He did on his last tour for Dark Side of the Moon, but only on certain songs. This go around, he doesn't. He leaves a lot of the tougher parts to his back up vocalists (who are awesome singers).

QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 6 2011, 12:30 AM)
I really want to see him but I'm not sure if I'll go. Tickets are probably going to cost a fortune and I just spent most of my money on a Marillion ticket.

Is it true that he lip syncs live? If so I don't think it would be worth going to.

He did on his last tour for Dark Side of the Moon, but only on certain songs. This go around, he doesn't. He leaves a lot of the tougher parts to his back up vocalists (who are awesome singers).

That's good to know.

According to an interview with Roger in Rolling Stone. The stage for this next leg of America is designed specifically for stadiums. He didn't go into detail but it sounds like the wall may be built in a square or circle. More dimensional than the last time through.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 5 2011, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 6 2011, 12:30 AM)

That's good to know.

I was second row center in Oakland, right in front of him. The only lip synching I saw was the megaphone portion of Waiting for the Worms.

Really, Roger Waters is like the Master of Ceremonies on this tour. There is a huge band backing him up, and another singer doing Gilmour's parts.

The sound and visuals were out of this world. A complete leap forward in technology. Like nothing else I've ever seen.

If you loved The Wall, see this tour. Seriously. You will not be disappointed.

I've posted this before, but what the hell....it was such a great night...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/IMG00050.jpg

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Nov 6 2011, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 6 2011, 09:20 AM)
I've posted this before, but what the hell....it was such a great night...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/IMG00050.jpg

cool10.gif

That's odd. Those people look exactly like us. Weird.

trink39.gif

Handsome fellows, aren't they?

laugh.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 7 2011, 01:23 PM)
Tickets are way too expensive if you ask me.....

I got a Ticket for M.S.G last year for $70. You should go, worth every penny

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 7 2011, 02:23 PM)
I would've enjoyed seeing The Wall live with the big spectacles & everything else attached to it but I just don't have the cash for it.

It may depend on the venue, but I know ticket prices for Toronto at the Rogers Centre are not that bad at all. They range from $50 to $100, which is pretty good for a show of this magnitude. smile.gif

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Nov 10 2011, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 7 2011, 02:23 PM)
I would've enjoyed seeing The Wall live with the big spectacles & everything else attached to it but I just don't have the cash for it.

It may depend on the venue, but I know ticket prices for Toronto at the Rogers Centre are not that bad at all. They range from $50 to $100, which is pretty good for a show of this magnitude. smile.gif

Wow disregard my previous post!! Just had a look at Ticketmaster, and looks like they changed the prices. When I first looked a few weeks back, the range was from 50 to 100 bucks, now its from 50 to 270 bucks!!! Still I think I'll try to get a cheap-ish ticket, really don't want to miss this show. Roger has hinted that this may be his final tour.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 5 2011, 10:44 PM)

Yes it is true.

My wife and I went to the The Wall last year on the first leg. While the show itself was truly spectacular and his band is top notch he lip synced at least 60% of the show.

It was such a massive turnoff. We had 20th Row dead center and if you have not gone...it is worth it as it is a spectacle. But be prepared if your close enough to see the obvious lip syncing.

Really tacky.

I am holding out some sliver of hope David Gilmore will do one more major tour and come somewhere near or to Florida. He still sings every single word and is still a master jedi on the guitar. I also love Dave's contributions overall more than Roger Waters to Pink Floyd.

To me I am more of a Dave Gilmore guy than Waters. Both are brilliant song writers. Just my personal preference.

I did go to Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon tour back in 2007 and enjoyed that show far more as the setlist was amazing. I like The Wall but Dark Side, Animals and Wish You Were Here are far better albums and that was the bulk of the setlist.

And yes he did lip sync a crap load on that tour as well.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Nov 11 2011, 01:49 PM)

Yes it is true.

My wife and I went to the The Wall last year on the first leg. While the show itself was truly spectacular and his band is top notch he lip synced at least 60% of the show.

It was such a massive turnoff. We had 20th Row dead center and if you have not gone...it is worth it as it is a spectacle. But be prepared if your close enough to see the obvious lip syncing.

Really tacky.

I am holding out some sliver of hope David Gilmore will do one more major tour and come somewhere near or to Florida. He still sings every single word and is still a master jedi on the guitar. I also love Dave's contributions overall more than Roger Waters to Pink Floyd.

To me I am more of a Dave Gilmore guy than Waters. Both are brilliant song writers. Just my personal preference.

I did go to Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon tour back in 2007 and enjoyed that show far more as the setlist was amazing. I like The Wall but Dark Side, Animals and Wish You Were Here are far better albums and that was the bulk of the setlist.

I watched a video from Holland and the only song I noticed him lip syncing was the megaphone part in "Waiting for Worms" and as far as David Gilmore is concerned I'll just say ...it's Gilmour !!

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Nov 11 2011, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Nov 11 2011, 01:49 PM)

Yes it is true.

Really tacky.

I watched a video from Holland and the only song I noticed him lip syncing was the megaphone part in "Waiting for Worms" and as far as David Gilmore is concerned I'll just say ...it's Gilmour !!

facepalm.gif

Like I said earlier, I was second row center in Oakland. I did not notice any lip synching, except for the aforementioned megaphone segment.

To be fair, I wasn't really looking for it, but there were times he was literally ten feet in front of me.