Worst concert you ever saw??

reani14

Let's hear it> The worst concert i ever saw was summer of 2007 THE POLICE in philly. It blew and i like the police , they played all their songs in slow tempo and changed alot of the arrangements. They seemed unispired and just going through the motions. We had those cheap 50 dollar seats. so i had to deal with rowdy drunks. I swear the guy standing next to me was on some major ass coke. He kept throwing his arms up blocking my shitty view the whole entire concert. can coke do that to you?? he was like in his 40's too.

I was so bored. at one point i got up and took a walk around the venue, and was talking to this lady and she said she was so bored too... BORING!!!. Quess it dont help that i seen rush a few weeks earlier..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reani, why do you continually start non-Rush music threads in the Rush section? These belong in Music of The Spheres, as I'm sure we've told you.

And besides, didn't you notice your "worst drummer" thread was moved to MoTS yesterday? I know you like the Rush section, but there ARE other sections on this board, ya know. tongue.gif

Even though this is in the wrong thread, I'll bite.

I remember seeing REM back in 1989 (??) when I was living in Oklahoma City, and coming away feeling distinctly unimpressed. I enjoyed many of their songs, but as a live band they brought nothing to the stage. Michael Stipe was unlit (as in no spotlight on him) the whole show and spent most of it with his back to the audience.

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

Worst band I ever saw was The Melvins. They were opening for Primus, and I enjoyed their set, so technical it wan't the worst concert I ever saw.

The worst concert was Hootie and the Blowfish. Got 'talked into' going for a wedding anniversary. Thank goodness they only played 90 minutes.

Edited by apetersvt

2nd worst concert was seeing The Police in Philly in 2007. We had shitty seats. Some douchebag beside me was being a prick all show and ruined it for me. He totally ruined my coke buzz. Edited by apetersvt

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 5 2011, 04:22 PM)
2nd worst concert was seeing The Police in Philly in 2007. We had shitty seats. Some douchebag beside me was being a prick all show and ruined it for me. He totally ruined my coke buzz.

z7shysterical.gif trink39.gif rofl3.gif

Boston....interesting..I remember seeing an ad for their Corporate America album hearing a song "I had a good time" ( OK first off the title-really?? "I had a good time"???)

2 things went through my head:

1. Fellas it's not the summer of 1977 anymore...seriously...its not.

2. How did they release this without being completely embarassed??

Even going back I never understood the hype over Boston...completely sterile sounding, generic, un-rocking, Rock with NO BASS to speak of.

I mean the singer would sing about"rockin" and "Good times"then the band simply would not...ROCK. ( Note: don't write songs singing about Rockin if you don't...its lame)

Maybe people got fooled with all their nifty space ship artwork.

Worst show was smashing pumpkins...Jimmy Chamberlin was not there...I originally got tickets because Garbage was the opener...and they were damn good, smart, sexy, pop band....layers and layers of stuff going on in that band. Anyway...earlier in tour 2 Pumpkin guys had a drug problem cuasing a delay of dates and the date was rescheduled...when I finally saw them it was some Buffalo Bill band became the opener and I saw NO Garbage but a bad show of the Pumpkins....sound man literally set leves and walked away from the console for the whole show. ( I watched)...and the levels were awful.

So, it's in the wrong thread. I'm kinda glad 'cause this is the only thread I ever read.

Worst concert? hmmmmmm...truth be told....I don't think I ever saw a bad concert. If I had to pick one, it would be the band Chicago back in 1989 (I know, I know, a Chicago fan AND a Rush fan??? What are the odds??).

Anyway, I was just kind of bored. I remember thinking that for $20 (which is what concerts cost back then), I would have gotten a bigger bang for my buck just buying their Greatest Hits album(s) and listening to them over and over again. Still, the guy replacing Peter Cetera sounded an awful lot like Cetera, so I was pleased there.

Another time I was less than thrilled was when I saw Kansas open for Styx back in 1996. They come out to do "Dust in the Wind" for their encore (which, you know, was like, their best song ever) and its a few guys with acoustic guitars and one guy with a violin (not enough of a fan to know their names). So anyway, half way through the song, one of the guys guitars stops working, so he walks back to an amplifier, fiddles with it, and it does apparently no good, so he throws his arms up in the air in disgust, and stands there for the rest of the song with his arms folded looking pissed. I remember thinking, "Dude. If you would have just faked it and kept playing, not many people could tell the difference." I guess he had to be a prima donna.

Clem

QUOTE (Tony R @ Oct 5 2011, 03:36 PM)
Why does this attention whore wanker keep getting away with starting topics in the wrong section?

rofl3.gif

Back on topic...

Van Morrison, the live equivalent of watching a sloth wake up, scratch it's balls, and fall asleep again.

For me it was Motley Crue on their Girls Girls Girls tour at The Meadowlands in NJ. Whitesnake opened for them, and I guess they set the bar way too high. WS was astounding! Then Crue came on and were an embarrassment to themselves. The highlight of the show was when Paul Stanley came on stage with them. It only accentuated how bad Crue was. Stanley walked on stage and immediately took control of the entire crowd (because he's that good).

Mod had on. Thread being moved.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 5 2011, 10:22 AM)
2nd worst concert was seeing The Police in Philly in 2007. We had shitty seats. Some douchebag beside me was being a prick all show and ruined it for me. He totally ruined my coke buzz.

cool10.gif tongue.gif yes.gif rofl3.gif

does Reani even know that there are other sub forums? confused13.gif

As for the worst concert...I saw The Screaming Trees, Soul Asylum, and the Spin Doctors. The Trees rocked. 1022.gif Soul Asylum were good. The Spin Doctors sucked ass. Hard to believe they were the headlining act.

Edited by ILSnwdog

Squeeze in 1988, and I really love Squeeze. They sounded fine but were just so damn boring. Zero stage presence. We left before the first set ended.

Oh speical mention Genesis Invisible Touch tour....at a Stadium ( whcih is garbage becuase you are a mile away)...most boring show ever...the double drum solo was even boring...and I am a drummer who loves Chester thomspon normally.

Genesis low point.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 5 2011, 10:19 AM)
Worst band I ever saw was The Melvins. They were opening for Primus, and I enjoyed their set, so technical it wan't the worst concert I ever saw.

The worst concert was Hootie and the Blowfish. Got 'talked into' going for a wedding anniversary. Thank goodness they only played 90 minutes.

spit6ph.gif The Melvins are one of my favorite bands and they're amazing live. They've had 2 drummers for awhile now and they're as tight as hell. If you get a chance give them another go. 1287.gif

Genesis Invisible Touch Tour March 1st 1987 at the Orange Bowl in Miami. 90,000 people which meant a time delay between sight and sound. Ouch... Edited by the masked drummer

Ugh, saw "Take Me to Vegas" open for .38 Special and Cheap Trick.. was not impressed at all. Could've named ten better local bands to have opened up for what was eventually a great concert. Still, I was kind of disappointed, considering the "Bank of the West Celebrates America" concert is such a huge deal every year.