• Pull Me Under
    • Another Day
    • Take the Time
    • Surrounded
    • Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
    • Under a Glass Moon
    • Wait for Sleep
    • Learning to Live

Since my first Dream Theater poll was so bad recieved, i come up with this second attemp which im sure will not turn mad anyone.

So, my favorite Dream Theater album is Octavarium, but a reccon that their best album is probably Images and Words, the reason? Simple: its perfect, one of the very few perfect albums i ever heard. Just think about it a minute and tell which song of that album you dont like. See? is not posible not like the whole album. But of course you allways gonna love some songs more than others, so let me know which do you like the most.

It's going to sound very cliche for sure...but...

PULL ME UNDER

I realize it's their 'hit' song and whatnot, but it has nothing to do with it. The song is fantastic. The first time I heard those opening chords, I was hooked.

Amazing tone, amazing emotion...I just think that the lyrics and music blend so well together. I still have alot of DT to catch up on, but if I was asked my favourite DT song, I'd probably go with either 'The Root of All Evil' from Octavarium, or 'Pull Me Under'.

Oh, and you are right...Images & Words is flawless. No doubt about it. I let my young cousin borrow it, and he has been hooked on DT ever since. Outstanding album. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 16 2011, 08:02 AM)

PULL ME UNDER

I realize it's their 'hit' song and whatnot, but it has nothing to do with it. The song is fantastic. The first time I heard those opening chords, I was hooked.

Amazing tone, amazing emotion...I just think that the lyrics and music blend so well together. I still have alot of DT to catch up on, but if I was asked my favourite DT song, I'd probably go with either 'The Root of All Evil' from Octavarium, or 'Pull Me Under'.

Oh, and you are right...Images & Words is flawless. No doubt about it. I let my young cousin borrow it, and he has been hooked on DT ever since. Outstanding album. 1022.gif

Nothing wrong with picking Pull Me Under, it's a great song. I don't even consider the song a "hit" anymore. Sure the radio and Headbanger's Ball played it quite a bit back in 1992 but they song doesn't get played anywhere now.

Metropolis is my favorite off this album.

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Sep 16 2011, 02:55 AM)
Under a Glass Moon, with Learning to Live a close second

My thoughts exactly!

Love this entire album and most of Awake.

My vote goes to Metropolis.

<obligatory DT criticism>

It's a shame they weren't able to keep my attention beyond those two albums. To me, seems like their vast talent is wasted on sub-par songwriting.

</obligatory DT criticism>

QUOTE (tjtull @ Sep 16 2011, 08:48 AM)
Love this entire album and most of Awake.

My vote goes to Metropolis.

<obligatory DT criticism>
It's a shame they weren't able to keep my attention beyond those two albums. To me, seems like their vast talent is wasted on sub-par songwriting.
</obligatory DT criticism>

^^^^^^ This, but my favorite is either Under A Glass Moon or Take the Time.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 16 2011, 09:02 AM)

PULL ME UNDER

Oh, and you are right...Images & Words is flawless. No doubt about it. I let my young cousin borrow it, and he has been hooked on DT ever since. Outstanding album.  1022.gif

Exactly this. With Learning to Live in a close second place.

Edited by teababe27