Albone2112

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 4 2011, 10:18 AM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/JediBluRay.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/no.gif

I never liked the original "egg-head" look but it looks like that helmet has kept Anakin from aging.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 4 2011, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 4 2011, 08:18 AM)

Please tell me that's fake. That's got to be fake. He can't have hair - perfectly coiffed, no less - under that helmet, that's physically impossible.

If that's real, I take back all my comments and am also ready to go into a fit. angry.gif

wink.gif

People will believe it's true even when it isn't because they want to be pissed off even further about it all. I've not seen that show up on a list of changes, so I'm inclined to dismiss it as pissed off fan photoshop that will serve to further enrage people regardless of its truth or not. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 4 2011, 12:31 PM)
People will believe it's true even when it isn't because they want to be pissed off even further about it all. I've not seen that show up on a list of changes, so I'm inclined to dismiss it as pissed off fan photoshop that will serve to further enrage people regardless of its truth or not. rofl3.gif

This is my guess, too.

And it's damn funny!

laugh.gif

Lucas' reasoning for changing these films doesn't fly with me anymore.

He originally said that he loves to go back and change things in the films because the technology at the time did not allow him to complete the movie the way he first envisioned it. So that makes sense to me, when it comes to making a better Mos Eisley in episode VI, or re-doing some of the scenes with X-Wings taking off, that makes sense.

But the excuse cannot in ANY WAY apply here. You're telling me there was no technology available at the time to add in an extra line for Darth Vader to see? Ridiculous. It's gotten to a point where this stuff was never in his original vision, but just in his new vision for the movies because...well I really don't know why he wants to change something like this.

I remember actually seeing an interview with him where he actually talks about the fact he likes that seen because Vader acts quietly and does the right thing, and how it creates drama and blah blah blah.

Please tell me that's fake. That's got to be fake. He can't have hair - perfectly coiffed, no less - under that helmet, that's physically impossible.

Vader needs to have Helmet Hair.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 4 2011, 12:50 PM)

Well, the human torch is staring at the camera rather than Luuuuuke. Fake. Though I really, really wish it were real. How impossibly bad would it be for hayden's non-helmet-hair dome to pop out of that mask.

I was 7 when star wars came out. Needless to say I had all the toys and watched the movies over & over. But looking at them now...they're silly. Regardless of what Lucas does to them. The acting is pretty wooden (except for Sir Alec of course) and the dialog is laughable and then there are the ewoks and jar-jar.

For those getting too worked up over changes to a movie that the creator is making I would say its time to move out of the basement.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 4 2011, 10:18 AM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/no.gif

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/halomaniac_117/GODDOMOTFRONK.jpg

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 5 2011, 07:14 AM)

For those getting too worked up over changes to a movie that the creator is making I would say its time to move out of the basement.

eyesre4.gif

Love the blu-ray pic. Looks like Chaka from Land of the Lost.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 5 2011, 01:31 AM)

eyesre4.gif

Sir, I protest!

Chaka is the most adorable little guy ever! wub.gif laugh.gif

http://www.daveonfilm.com/pics/land-of-the-lost-original-image.jpg

Freaking VADER cannot be compared, in one version or another. tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 5 2011, 02:31 AM)

eyesre4.gif

I love it when people on a Rush board tell others to "move out of the basement."

My folks took me to see Star Wars on my 12th birthday in February 1978, up to Leicester Square in London. I remember it vividly, and I've been a fan of the original trilogy ever since.

I went to see the special editions in '97 and enjoyed them a lot. I didn't have a problem with most of the changes, even though they seemed pretty pointless to me. I think the one that I liked least is the inserted scene of Vader returning to the Executor at the end of Empire, as the Falcon is escaping from Cloud City. The problem is, I'm a fan of John Williams' scores for the three original movies, and that inserted scene totally ruined the flow of the music that I'd grown used to over the years. That one bugged me more than Greedo shooting first, tbh.

But hey ho, it is what it is. I've cancelled my pre-order and yet I'm still completely torn over the blu-rays. On the one hand I want to see the movies in hi-def, with surround sound etc, but on the other, I've got the original versions on dvd, with non-anamorphic letterboxed picture and bog-standard stereo sound - and the latter are the versions my childhood memories are telling me I'd rather watch. I'm tempted just to stick with them for now.

I think I'll wait and see what the reviews say.

Edited by willowroolz

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Aug 31 2011, 10:31 PM)
The Blu-Rays change even more, the most egregious being Vader uttering, "No. NOOOOOO!" right before he betrays Emperor Palpatine. The video above shows the change, which was confirmed by a representative at LucasArts via email to the New York Times: "Yes - Darth says NO."

sad.gif

But he STILL can't add the effect to Vader's lightsaber right after he kills Obi-Wan in A New Hope....

If you don't know what I mean, take a look while the doors vertically close right after he takes Ol' Ben out while the rest scramble to the Falcon- Vader's holding a wooden pole that was never fixed. I looked for it to be fixed in the Special Edition from the 90's but no dice.

And I still like the original hokey "DUMDEE DUMDEE WAAAAH.. WAH WAH!" Ewok song and ending better. laugh.gif

Seriously, after the raping of the OT with the "special edition" versions and the execrable prequel trilogy did anyone really expect Lucass to make the OT better after availing himself of the opportunity to tweak them a second time?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Sep 5 2011, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 5 2011, 01:31 AM)

eyesre4.gif

Sir, I protest!

Chaka is the most adorable little guy ever! wub.gif laugh.gif

http://www.daveonfilm.com/pics/land-of-the-lost-original-image.jpg

Freaking VADER cannot be compared, in one version or another. tongue.gif

"Daddy do something!"

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 5 2011, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 5 2011, 02:31 AM)

eyesre4.gif

I love it when people on a Rush board tell others to "move out of the basement."

like screech powers telling arnold horshack he's a geek

They have a marathon on Spike this weekend. They played the version where Greedo shoots first, which is the official version now I guess. It sucked. It sucked because that's not what really happened when I first saw it.

Making the film look better by adding effects that weren't possible when it was made or cleaning up shit is one thing, but changing character behavior, or adding lines or action because he has an addiction to tinkering sucks.

Adding that Han Solo/Jabba scene to Ep. IV was kinda cool at first, but watching it today, it doesn't add anything, and I realized Han repeats a couple things that were in the bar scene just before which makes the scene completely superfluous. I have no doubt it was added just because the technology became available to do it, not because it somehow made the movie better, because it doesn't. But yeah, they're Mr. Lucas' films and if he wants to keep tinkering until he dies, he can and will. But material changes are just a downright shame IMO.

Much ado about (largely) nothing.

I've actually seen some people going ape over the replacement of Ep. I's puppet Yoda with the digi Yoda of Eps 2 & 3 (which makes complete sense, continuity wise....and the fact that the "younger" Yoda puppet looked like total ass since day one). Now all of a sudden people who otherwise hate the prequels now seem to "care" about the integrity of The Phantom Menace. LMAO!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 5 2011, 10:12 PM)
Much ado about (largely) nothing.

I've actually seen some people going ape over the replacement of Ep. I's puppet Yoda with the digi Yoda of Eps 2 & 3 (which makes complete sense, continuity wise....and the fact that the "younger" Yoda puppet looked like total ass since day one). Now all of a sudden people who otherwise hate the prequels now seem to "care" about the integrity of The Phantom Menace. LMAO!!! biggrin.gif

Improvements of the look and feel are fine - but Ive never been OK with changing things that dont make sense. R2 having propulsion jets in a prequel is silly. Han not shooting first is silly. Saying "wipe the protocol droids memory" but not R2's is silly. Im not a purist, but theres certain common sense things to do that arent just stupid.

You missed the point about the protocol droid. It has to do with 3PO not being able to keep a secret to save his soul. He's not trustworthy when it comes to revealing secrets, but R2 is. That was the intent. It wasn't about the droids being scoured for info that both would contain, but that C3PO would inadvertently blurt out something about the secret whereabouts of two children, a hidden Jedi, etc. R2 was always the more trustworthy of the two and it was just Lucas playing that up. Makes perfect sense to me.

As for what a droid used to have for previous use, who's to say? The cool thing about R2 is that you never knew what he'd whip out. Claws, electric jolts, cutters....A FIRE EXTINGUISHER??

Sorry...I just couldn't get hung up on the details of what a made up robot should or shouldn't have in an arsenal of always-unexpected things. biggrin.gif It's like complaining about seeing "fire" in space when that's "impossible." This is otherwordly shit...does a droid like R2 once having rocket boosters really kill it? C'mon. That's quite petty.