SCREW YOU GEORGE LUCAS!!!!!

Albone2112

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to give in today and buy the complete box set! Only 89.99 at Costco!

"MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU GEORGE!!"

I was at the Oakland A's game the other night and it was Star Wars Fireworks Night.

I love these movies but I must admit that it was pretty pathetic seeing stormtroopers and Darth Vader on the mound.

Frigging Darth Vader threw out the first pitch.

Lame.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 12 2011, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Sep 12 2011, 12:34 PM)
My collection is now complete tongue.gif

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/218923/81834335.jpg

icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

I love these figs! I really with Hasbro would make them.

I've been collecting Star Wars shit since 1995.

Insane.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 18 2011, 06:51 PM)
Has anyone that bought the new set got a review for us? We're all pretty much going on "reports" here, which amounts to a lot of rumors, speculation and a few confirmations from LucasFilm.

What's the final verdict?

Haven't cracked the seal yet on my box.

Not sure if I can do one Star Wars film a night for the next six nights.

I have to be "IN THE MOOD."

Signed,

2.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 19 2011, 01:51 AM)
Has anyone that bought the new set got a review for us? We're all pretty much going on "reports" here, which amounts to a lot of rumors, speculation and a few confirmations from LucasFilm.

What's the final verdict?

I've only watched the original trilogy and TPM so far, and none of the extras, but I've enjoyed what I've seen. It's the best I've seen the original trilogy at home in terms of picture quality, which should be a given really. In Star Wars and Empire particularly there's a superb level of depth and detail. Jedi wavers a bit, but I've always found that it suffers in comparison, on whatever format.

The sound's the thing, though. If you've got the set up for it, they sound absolutely stunning. John Williams' marvellous scores sound better than ever (the chase through the asteroid field is demo material for the sound, I think). The dialogue is clear, the sound effects placed just about right in the mix. When the special editions were released I went to see them in a THX certified cinema, and I think these sound even better than that. During the attack on the Falcon the TIE fighters sound like they're flying around the room laugh.gif

As for the changes, well I understand anyone who's chosen not to buy the set and, in some ways, I wish I'd done so myself. I first saw Star Wars in early '78 when my folks took me to Leicester Square to see it on my birthday, and that's the version I want to remember and own. Having said that, the latest revisions (other than the colour timing and such) last barely a minute over the course of the original films. For me, the more heinous changes had already happened in the special editions, so if you could handle them then you can probably handle this. Ben's new Krayt call didn't bother me in the slightest. Artoo hiding behind rocks - stupid, because the rocks are there in one shot then not in the next (and I suspect this was just added for the upcoming 3-D versions anyway). Vader's "Nooooo" I absolutely hate but, again, it lasts barely a second. Oh, and Han and Greedo now shoot simultaneously, and it still looks stupid. I prefer this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PHRO9B6wQo&feature=related

I reckon you probably already know whether you want the blu-rays or not. I'm glad I've seen them and made up my own mind, and I'll definitely get some mileage out of them before returning to my old, unaltered VHS tapes or dvds. And it seems almost inevitable that Lucas will discover seamless branching one day and release the original versions. I hope so, anyway.

Hope that helps laugh.gif wink.gif

GAH!! Hayden Christianson (sp?) is a hack. The original actor as Anakin's ghost was pretty much right on the mark as to what his appearance at that age should look like.

Now this shit? He's ruined the f***ing scene! Vader silently looking back and forth between his son and master are the only thing that the audience needs to see. WTF? I need to find a VCR if I ever want to watch those films again...

Because of all the changes Lucas has made to the original trilogy, I find myself not the least bit inspired to buy them on Blu-ray.

Lucas should take a clue from Stephen Spielberg, who listened to his audience and is releasing "ET" on Blu-ray in its original theatrical form -- the doctored 20th Anniversary version (which Spielberg now regrets doing) will not be included. According to an interview, Spielberg stated:

"(In the future) there's going to be no more digital enhancements or digital additions to anything based on any film I direct. I'm not going to do any corrections digitally to even wires that show... If 1941 comes on Blu-ray I'm not going to go back and take the wires out because the Blu-ray will bring the wires out that are guiding the airplane down Hollywood Blvd. At this point right now I think letting movies exist in the era, with all the flaws and all of the flourishes, is a wonderful way to mark time and mark history (link).

Too bad Lucas doesn't feel the same way.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 7 2011, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 7 2011, 07:16 PM)
It's one thing to have a noise.  do you remember what the bombs sounded like?  It was like the THX sound got turned to 11.  Obnoxious.

No, you're right, those bomb noises were ridiculous. It was kind of a... SPLANG! noise that was just... ugh. And the timing of it, you saw the explosion a half second earlier than the noise. Just weird.

Seismic charges.

It was freaking awesome.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 19 2011, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 12 2011, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Sep 12 2011, 12:34 PM)
My collection is now complete tongue.gif

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/218923/81834335.jpg

icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif man thats just wrong...

Oh, crikey..! tongue.gif

I wish they would just have an option whether to watch the original version or the "enhanced" version/versions. At least preserve the old-school for people that want to watch it that way!

QUOTE (Sark @ Oct 1 2011, 01:57 PM)
I wish they would just have an option whether to watch the original version or the "enhanced" version/versions. At least preserve the old-school for people that want to watch it that way!

That makes way too much sense. Lucas thinks he's making the movies better by updating the visuals and the story lines and no one has the guts to tell him he's wrong.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 1 2011, 11:11 AM)

That makes way too much sense. Lucas thinks he's making the movies better by updating the visuals and the story lines and no one has the guts to tell him he's wrong.

I feel like, "George, feel free to do whatever you want in the present. Make whatever movies you want, no matter how crappy they are, but this revisionist history thing - it's total f*cking bullshit. What the hell is wrong with you???"

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 1 2011, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 1 2011, 11:11 AM)

I feel like, "George, feel free to do whatever you want in the present. Make whatever movies you want, no matter how crappy they are, but this revisionist history thing - it's total f*cking bullshit. What the hell is wrong with you???"

he believes in time machines

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 1 2011, 12:11 PM)

I'm not so sure about that. Millions of people have told him he's wrong. He just doesn't get closer than an internet connection to any of them. He has nobody - it seems - in his sphere of influence who is willing to tell him he's wrong. Or it's possible that he's surrounded himself with people who see things his way.

Either way... he's not a stupid man. He knows exactly what the fan reaction has been, and he's doing it anyway. banghead.gif