The ultimate RUSH co headling tour would be?

rollthebones1963

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the difficult thought for me about a co headlining tour is that both bands would play abbreviated single sets (2 hours versus 3 hours).

Anyway, since this isn't for real, I guess my ultimate tour would have both bands playing 2 sets for 3 hours each.

SO, I choose Pink Floyd. Get Roger and David back together and unfortunately they would have to find someone for Richard's spot.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 5 2011, 10:21 PM)
the difficult thought for me about a co headlining tour is that both bands would play abbreviated single sets (2 hours versus 3 hours).

Anyway, since this isn't for real, I guess my ultimate tour would have both bands playing 2 sets for 3 hours each.

SO, I choose Pink Floyd. Get Roger and David back together and unfortunately they would have to find someone for Richard's spot.

Jon Carin or Waters' son Harry would be a good match. From what I've read, they're both great players.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 5 2011, 10:01 PM)
Personally, I would like to see Slipknot tour with Rush. Obviously, Rush would have to open as it's near impossible to follow Slipknot

laugh.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

...Wait you were joking right?

Because that was a really good one.

But in fourth grade my best friend was completely obsessed with Slipknot. Like I've never met anyone more obsessed than she was. And then she was obsessed with Blink 182. She was.. interesting.

Anyways.

Geez, I don't know, a lot of these choices sound really great. It would have to be a band at least at the caliber of some of these other bands -- people go to RUSH concerts to hear epic music! (Er, at least I think they do.) Any less and it'd be a shame.

Fantasy? Led Zeppelin opening for Rush would make my life.

Reality? Porcupine Tree would be cool. cool.gif

Om another note, my dream concert would be Genesis opening for Pink Floyd. Both in their classic lineups, playing 3-hour sets. Think about it. 3 intermissions! drool1.gif

First band that came to mind was Genesis, that show would be amazing--though for many reasons it won't ever happen, so I will just imagine the show that could've been smile.gif

Duran Duran. Rush would be guaranteed an unbelievable number of cougars showing up....LMAO!! But seriously I wouldn't mind that. Duran Duran are good musicians in their own right and a fabulous bass player in John Taylor. Not sure DD's fans would like Rush though. And maybe vice versa LOL

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 5 2011, 11:25 PM)

Om another note, my dream concert would be Genesis opening for Pink Floyd. Both in their classic lineups, playing 3-hour sets. Think about it. 3 intermissions! drool1.gif

what you just said......is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said....in the HISTORY OF MAN. GOOD GOD MAN, YOU ARE A HERO!

smile.gif

ps... cool10.gif

I'd like to see Dream Theater, but not as a co-headliner, just an opener. That would be great. On another note, I'd actually like to see Rush have hand-picked openers again. Could be interesting.

I like Sabbath, or Porcupine Tree. However, Black Sabbath are huge in their own right, so that'd have to DEFINITELY be a co-headliner (and at that Sabbath would be sold out, whereas people would probably cringe at Rush and leave.). PT, would be a great Opening band, even though I love them, I love Rush more.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jul 6 2011, 07:46 PM)
I'd like to see Dream Theater, but not as a co-headliner, just an opener. That would be great. On another note, I'd actually like to see Rush have hand-picked openers again. Could be interesting.

Yeah, it could be but I don't think that'll ever happen again. If it does, it should be done at cities where they're playing more than 1 night.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Jul 6 2011, 07:38 AM)
Top 3 Choices:

1. Van Halen
2. Iron Maiden
3. Black Sabbath

Rush would be the first band on every night

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 5 2011, 09:21 PM)

SO, I choose Pink Floyd.  Get Roger and David back together and unfortunately they would have to find someone for Richard's spot.

This. trink39.gif