Clockwork Angels Update

snowdogged

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 7 2011, 10:45 PM)
Anyone who thinks there will be another studio album after CA is kidding themselves. Just sayin'...

I realize the stakes are different in 2011...

...but similar statements were made:

> in 1984, after p/g was released

> in 1998, after Neil's 'retirement'

> in 2004, after the R30 tour

...just sayin'

really want to get it done while we still can.'...
Just means before they aren't able to record anymore! They are getting pretty old! As for touring, They still have two good tours in them! CA and their Farewell to Fans Tour! Not to mention their reunion tour in 2024!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 7 2011, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 7 2011, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ May 6 2011, 09:22 PM)
Being a new Rush fan, I'm saddened that I came this late in the game. I was hoping for a lot more, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Exactly how I feel, but I'm so glad I didn't miss the whole thing. I know what the focus of the next several years will be!

Not to be redundant, but that is also how I feel. I was born decades too late.

I don't even have that excuse; I'm almost 40. After missing the Roll The Bones tour, I...um...lost track of Rush for 19 years. Now I've done a lot of dumb things in my life, but that's #1 by a long shot! doh.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 9 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 7 2011, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 7 2011, 10:17 PM)
Being a new Rush fan, I'm saddened that I came this late in the game. I was hoping for a lot more, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Exactly how I feel, but I'm so glad I didn't miss the whole thing. I know what the focus of the next several years will be!

Not to be redundant, but that is also how I feel. I was born decades too late.

I don't even have that excuse; I'm almost 40. After missing the Roll The Bones tour, I...um...lost track of Rush for 19 years. Now I've done a lot of dumb things in my life, but that's #1 by a long shot! doh.gif

I cant tell what's worse. Not having the chance in the first place, or having the chance and blowing it.

Oh well. At least I can say I've been to a Rush concert. Emphasis on 'A'.

It's beating a beathorse.gif

But really, I'm perfectly fine with Rush working at there own pace and making new music as long as it takes when they "care"* to do so.

Hell yes they earned the right by there own desire not by pressure from record company or fan demands. Rush has given us way more then most other bands that have been established as long as them. Very grateful indeed.

* I prefer that they do create music when they do care and feel inspired instead of just going through the motions to get it done...*

Besides my life doesn't depend on the urgency of a new 2.gif album. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 7 2011, 11:17 PM)

Same here. I'm so young and it's sad to know that my kids will never see a Rush concert. sad.gif

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ May 11 2011, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 9 2011, 11:27 PM)

i've never heard any argument (or more accurately rationalization) to convince me otherwise.

Perhaps it's NOT their first priority.

After all, they've got nearly 40 years of making music and touring behind them. In their earlier days, it consumed their lives.

Neil has a young daughter. Alex has grandchildren, and Geddy has a teen daughter still living at home.

Maybe, just maybe, now that they are closing in on 60, they want to enjoy some of the fruits of their labors and spend time with their families and non-music-related hobbies.

They've earned it. Sure, I'd like to see new releases more often, but I'll gladly take what they care to offer at this point. We are VERY lucky as Rush fans that they've lasted this long AND that they still feel the urge to record and tour at all.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ May 12 2011, 01:02 AM)

i've never heard any argument (or more accurately rationalization) to convince me otherwise.

After all, they've got nearly 40 years of making music and touring behind them. In their earlier days, it consumed their lives.

Neil has a young daughter. Alex has grandchildren, and Geddy has a teen daughter still living at home.

Maybe, just maybe, now that they are closing in on 60, they want to enjoy some of the fruits of their labors and spend time with their families and non-music-related hobbies.

They've earned it. Sure, I'd like to see new releases more often, but I'll gladly take what they care to offer at this point. We are VERY lucky as Rush fans that they've lasted this long AND that they still feel the urge to record and tour at all.

goodpost.gif

+1 smile.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 13 2011, 07:37 AM)

goodpost.gif

+1 smile.gif

+2 smile.gif I'm lucky to be seeing them in two days!

QUOTE (Ceiling Limited Squishy @ May 14 2011, 10:18 PM)

goodpost.gif

+1 smile.gif

From what I saw on Thursday, I wouldn't bother getting excited...

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 14 2011, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (Ceiling Limited Squishy @ May 14 2011, 10:18 PM)

goodpost.gif

+1 smile.gif

From what I saw on Thursday, I wouldn't bother getting excited...

Because building massive nested quotes is apparently the point of the thread now.