Clockwork Angels Update

snowdogged

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 6 2011, 09:36 AM)
I don't think its necessary for geddy to throw in a "f*ck" or "motherf*cker" for every single interview he does.  Sounds like he's only trying to convey that he's hardcore.

Anyway, this is just more "spirited" talk in regard to Clockwork Angels.. cool.gif

quit trolling,quit comparing yourself to neil[ellwood] peart!can you handle fame? are you alive?and have you been born?lol

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 6 2011, 06:12 PM)
I really like the fact that Nick is in the mix there pushing them to show off their skills more.

goodpost.gif

I find it funny, its like having one of us there...

"cmon neil, could you just please take that fill up a notch? yes, yes, i know youre getting older and it hurts, but i really gotta have a classic peart fill!"

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ May 6 2011, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 6 2011, 04:42 PM)
Second, yeah, it doesn't suit Rush to cuss. I wouldn't mind, but it's not gonna happen.

"Christ, what have you done?"

"Dooooog years, for every sad son of a bitch!"

I've never really listened to Dog Years in full, so I don't know what the context is, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't a "bitch" simply a female dog? So, that would be more appropriate then simply throwing out a random curse word just for the hell of it. As for saying "Christ", I think that was to help propel the song in a passionate, meaningful way, and again wasn't simply a random act to curse. But, I digress.

As for this news, it sounds very promising about the album. I like the direction they're going in, and know it will be diverse musically. It excites me it has a conceptual feel to it too. I am a bit saddened if my interpretation of what Neil said is true. Being a new Rush fan, I'm saddened that I came this late in the game. I was hoping for a lot more, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Edited by GUP1771

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ May 6 2011, 08:22 PM)
I've never really listened to Dog Years in full, so I don't know what the context is, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't a "bitch" simply a female dog? So, that would be more appropriate then simply throwing out a random curse word just for the hell of it. As for saying "Christ", I think that was to help propel the song in a passionate, meaningful way, and again wasn't simply a random act to curse. But, I digress.

I know, and "son of a bitch" is pretty obviously intended to be a pun (although it really doesn't work too well at all); I was just responding to the "not gonna happen" bit. Because it did, in fact, happen.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ May 6 2011, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ May 6 2011, 08:22 PM)

I know, and "son of a bitch" is pretty obviously intended to be a pun (although it really doesn't work too well at all); I was just responding to the "not gonna happen" bit. Because it did, in fact, happen.

Yeah but it did happen and I was going to mention that but felt it was unimportant because of they way they are used. The closest they really have come to cussing is in heresy, with crap.

And IF (BIG IF) you interpret the "Christ" in The Pass to be actually addressing Jesus, then it is not cursing. And again with the son of a bitch thing. It rhymes with itch and was meant as female dog.

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 6 2011, 11:03 AM)
Geddy should say F-CK on CA. It'd be the first Rush album to have one of those "parental advisory" stickers on it lol

Actually my copy of Roll the Bones had the advisory sticker on it when it was first released because it had the word crap on it. I was incredulous.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 5 2011, 11:29 PM)
Neil Peart also discusses the frustration in delaying Clockwork Angels to tour:

"'It was hard for me to set the album aside to tour, this really means a lot to me, I intend it to be my highest achievement lyrically

wow, that SOUNDS really cool, but if the first two songs are any indication, i hate to say it, but he's light years away from accomplishing that goal. unsure.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ May 6 2011, 05:43 AM)
For as much as I disregard the last few Rush albums, at least the band CARES about making something good. That's why I've always respected them even though I haven't enjoyed their recent output.

I second that

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 6 2011, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 6 2011, 06:12 PM)
I really like the fact that Nick is in the mix there pushing them to show off their skills more.

goodpost.gif

I find it funny, its like having one of us there...

"cmon neil, could you just please take that fill up a notch? yes, yes, i know youre getting older and it hurts, but i really gotta have a classic peart fill!"

rofl3.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Yeah, Boosh is really pushing them. If that drum part in the instrumental portion of Caravan is any indication, then CA should be fantastic. It's kind of cool having "one of us" producing for them cool.gif

As for this being their final album.... I sure hope not. But life is so unpredictable. unsure.gif

QUOTE (tel @ May 6 2011, 08:23 AM)
really want to get it done while we still can.'...

anyone care to interpret

Well, they are pushing 60. Six albums in the 70s, seven in the 80s, three in the 90s, and two and a half in the 00s. There seems to be a slowing down...almost abruptly.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 7 2011, 07:34 PM)

anyone care to interpret

Well, they are pushing 60. Six albums in the 70s, seven in the 80s, three in the 90s, and two and a half in the 00s. There seems to be a slowing down...almost abruptly.

I thought their slowing down was mostly due to their record contract (at those times and the present)

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ May 7 2011, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 6 2011, 08:51 PM)
And IF (BIG IF) you interpret the "Christ" in The Pass to be actually addressing Jesus, then it is not cursing.

Unless Jesus was a cliff-jumping teenager, I don't really see the point.

IF, again, big IF, you take the lines "someone set a bad example/made surrender seem all right"

That could be referring to jesus.

But enough of this, before it gets moved to SOCN tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ May 7 2011, 09:50 AM)
Better go see them for the Clockwork Angels tour because I really think the possibility of another one after that, (R40) is less than 50%.

... based upon ... a complete WAG (wild-@ssed guess).

I really don't think THEY know when they are going to stop touring. I agree that there will likely not be a farewell tour. I would suspect a tour will end, they will sit down and decide what to do, and the decision will be not to tour again. Could be after this tour, could be 5 tours from now.

After they are done touring, I suspect they might be lured into doing a few festival-type shows, but not a full-blown tour.

We'll just have to wait and see. Until then, I intend to see them as often as I can -- I would prefer to avoid the regret of, "Oh, man ... if I'd known that would be their last tour I would have gone to see them!"

QUOTE (capoetc @ May 7 2011, 10:01 AM)
After they are done touring, I suspect they might be lured into doing a few festival-type shows, but not a full-blown tour.

Or they could change all their songs to polka and join a traveling circus

anyone care to interpret

I wouldn't read too much into it other than he realizes they're approaching the age of 60 and nothing is guaranteed. It doesn't seem as though they're ready to call it quits, simply that they want to do as much as possible before they have to. As Geddy said, this has been an usually lenghty drawn out period of writing (before the tour, the break in between, then after to finish up) and they have "a lot of good material lying around". Perhaps more than what can fit into Clockwork Angels. Maybe for the first time they'll have stuff leftover and in the can for a 20th album. Then conceivably they wouldn't have to take as long getting material together for a follow up to CA.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ May 6 2011, 09:22 PM)
Being a new Rush fan, I'm saddened that I came this late in the game. I was hoping for a lot more, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Exactly how I feel, but I'm so glad I didn't miss the whole thing. I know what the focus of the next several years will be!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 7 2011, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ May 6 2011, 09:22 PM)
Being a new Rush fan, I'm saddened that I came this late in the game. I was hoping for a lot more, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Exactly how I feel, but I'm so glad I didn't miss the whole thing. I know what the focus of the next several years will be!

Not to be redundant, but that is also how I feel. I was born decades too late.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 7 2011, 10:29 AM)
They are slowing down because the end of the world is coming.

yes.gif

Anyway this is exciting news and I'm getting psyched for it.

Neil's comment on his drumming also makes me feel good.