Clockwork Angels Update

snowdogged

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ May 17 2011, 06:11 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2011, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 16 2011, 12:16 PM)

That wasnt the case in '81. EVERYONE knew who they were, they were all over the radio.

True. From what i remember in the summer of 1981[ cool10.gif trink38.gif ] The biggest Rock bands were Rush, Van Halen, Journey, Styx and Reo Speedwagon . They sold out Arenas and sold Millions of albums . Now Rush does Not sell even 500,000 albums and can't sell out an Arena in the U.S. . They might be more popular they they have been in a long time ,but nothing like 1981

It annoys the hell out of me that Rush had their peak in popularity at the same time as those cheese dick bands. I think that's part of the reason why some folks think they are just a silly " 80s arena rock band" ..damn you Moving Pictures!!

Edit : Van Halen isnt in that group 1022.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ May 17 2011, 10:03 AM)
Delusional is right. It's a completely ridiculous notion that Rush would need to be forgiven for anything. I would rather wait and get new material when they're inspired instead of every year or two out of some obligation or going through the motions.

The songs are already written.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ May 17 2011, 11:06 AM)
Delusional is right. It's a completely ridiculous notion that Rush would need to be forgiven for anything. I would rather wait and get new material when they're inspired instead of every year or two out of some obligation or going through the motions.

Or are they? The Great Rush Machine has been concealing the truth from its fans for some time now. Where is Mulder and Scullybaby when we need them? Where?!!!!

I say they don't have squat written. They bought Caravan from some guy in Witheville Va. and BU2B from I Carly.

Where is the outrage people? Where is the investigation?

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 17 2011, 12:40 PM)

Or are they? The Great Rush Machine has been concealing the truth from its fans for some time now. Where is Mulder and Scullybaby when we need them? Where?!!!!

I say they don't have squat written. They bought Caravan from some guy in Witheville Va. and BU2B from I Carly.

Wrong. facepalm.gif

Lady Gaga wrote "Caravan."

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 17 2011, 11:40 AM)
They bought Caravan from some guy in Witheville Va.

Spelled "Wytheville" only know this cause my ancestors are from South West Virginia. Great grandfather enlisted in the Confederate army there..

smile.gif

Like i said before and others also, perfectly fine with Rush getting Clock Work Angels done when they get around to it. Although don't want it to be a "Chinese Democracy' fiasco. Which would never happen Rush has way more credibility and better work ethic then Axel Rose and his pseudo version of G&R

QUOTE (softfilter @ May 17 2011, 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 17 2011, 11:40 AM)
They bought Caravan from some guy in Witheville Va.

Spelled "Wytheville" only know this cause my ancestors are from South West Virginia. Great grandfather enlisted in the Confederate army there..

smile.gif

Like i said before and others also, perfectly fine with Rush getting Clock Work Angels done when they get around to it. Although don't want it to be a "Chinese Democracy' fiasco. Which would never happen Rush has way more credibility and better work ethic then Axel Rose and his pseudo version of G&R

Yes, your'e right. I should know that as my mom collects speeding tickets there on a regular basis. One more and she goes on death row.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 17 2011, 12:19 PM)

Wrong. facepalm.gif

Well then, my source is obviously crap! Disappointing.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 17 2011, 01:19 PM)

Wrong. facepalm.gif

Wrong again! Ke$ha wrote it.

QUOTE (Oracle @ May 17 2011, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 17 2011, 01:19 PM)

Wrong. facepalm.gif

Wrong again! Ke$ha wrote it.

You're both wrong! DODGE wrote it.

http://www.airsuspension.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/dodge-caravan-with-air-suspension-kit.jpg

There's your Caravan right there.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 18 2011, 03:26 PM)
Why do you take what I write so personally?

Mostly I don't, but the paragraph in question was just too absurd and crazy for me not to respond to. I hate the way that you've turned into a quasi-troll in recent months. I felt that the paragraph in question was designed to mock fans, to make people like me who don't have a problem with Rush's career decisions look stupid and like suckers.

It's one thing for you to not like the way that Rush is doing business these days, but that little screed struck me less as a criticism of Rush and much more as an attack on other fans, and I didn't appreciate it.

Just a question for the Mods and Admins...

When we actually get closer to the release of the album, and we start getting news about recording, writing, and release info.. Will there be a subforum dedicated specifically to Clockwork Angles as there was with S&A a few years ago?

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 20 2011, 10:11 AM)

When we actually get closer to the release of the album, and we start getting news about recording, writing, and release info.. Will there be a subforum dedicated specifically to Clockwork Angles as there was with S&A a few years ago?

Did we have a dedicated S&A album forum? I don't remember doing that. Not calling you a liar -- I honestly don't remember us making a forum for the new album. laugh.gif

I remember a forum for the S&A tour, of course.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 20 2011, 09:22 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 20 2011, 10:11 AM)

Did we have a dedicated S&A album forum? I don't remember doing that. Not calling you a liar -- I honestly don't remember us making a forum for the new album. laugh.gif

I remember a forum for the S&A tour, of course.

I do remember it.... I think it was created shortly after I joined up.... There were so many threads about S&A clogging up the main forum, that nothing else was being discussed.