GUP Tour

Nate2112

What's so special about it? When Synth Sense did his sigs why did he make a GUP tour one. It makes as much sense if they did a CP tour one confused13.gif

Those 7 additional sigs I put up later on were supposed to represent any official live recordings/videos. The P/G tour happened to have a video (and audio version) for it, and so I made a sig for it. Same reason why I did a second Snakes & Arrows sig.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 4 2011, 05:37 PM)
What's so special about it? When Synth Sense did his sigs why did he make a GUP tour one. It makes as much sense if they did a CP tour one confused13.gif

Even though your question is more "why was there a sig?" rather than the actual "what's so great about it?" I will respond to you with 2 words...Fear Trilogy.

QUOTE (Scars @ Apr 4 2011, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 4 2011, 05:37 PM)

Even though your question is more "why was there a sig?" rather than the actual "what's so great about it?" I will respond to you with 2 words...Fear Trilogy.

^THIS TOO

P/G Tour holds quite possibly my favorite versions of The Weapon and Witch Hunt. Especially the latter, what a performance!

Can't speak for anyone else but for me it was so special because I sat directly in front of Alex for the whole show. I'm talking right up next to the stage. wub.gif

Intro (Three Stooges theme)

The Spirit of Radio

Subdivisions

The Body Electric

Fear (Parts I-III):

- The Enemy Within

- The Weapon

- Witch Hunt

New World Man

Between the Wheels

Red Barchetta

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

Closer To The Heart (extended instumental break first added Sept. 14)

Afterimage (replaced by Kid Gloves beginning Sept. 14)

YYZ

2112 (Temples of Syrinx)

Tom Sawyer

Encore: Red Lenses (bass solo added beginning Oct. 18)

Drum Solo (moved to follow YYZ beginning Oct. 18)

Red Lenses

Vital Signs

Finding My Way

In The Mood

I'll tell you why I liked it (amongst the reasons already listed) - cause the encore was awesome. Coming back onto stage with (edit: meaning including) Vital Signs, a simply awesome underrated song, just killed. Then add a dose of old time goodness and the hand clapping ITM.. and it was AWESOME.

Cheers to the GuP tour!

It was a tough setlist for me, who really struggled to like GUP when it was released. Omitting Overture was like an arrow in my heart. Looking back, I now think GUP was a very interesting album, worthy of hearing live. I wouldn't mind of they did GUP in its entirety live. Er, they could leave out DEW and I'd let it slide... smile.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 5 2011, 06:40 PM)
I saw them, I believe, the second night of the Radio City Music Hall concerts. It was fantastic!

And Marillion got booed...mercifully.

I may have been there the same night (I recall I was there 9/22). It was a 5-night stint that previewed the upcoming GUP album. I remember Marillion getting booed....and joining in the booing. Honestly, I didn't know anything about Marillion. I couldn't tell you if they were actually decent or not. I was just extremely impatient to have Rush take the stage.

QUOTE (spitball @ Apr 5 2011, 08:18 PM)
I saw them, I believe, the second night of the Radio City Music Hall concerts. It was fantastic!

I may have been there the same night (I recall I was there 9/22). It was a 5-night stint that previewed the upcoming GUP album. I remember Marillion getting booed....and joining in the booing. Honestly, I didn't know anything about Marillion. I couldn't tell you if they were actually decent or not. I was just extremely impatient to have Rush take the stage.

I went on 9/22 as well, amazing experience. I remember Marillion being booed as well, I didnt know what to make of Fish. Wish I still had the sleeveless Signals tour shirt they sold on that run, with the words "sold out" plastered in the back -- classic!

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Apr 5 2011, 08:41 PM)
I've said it before and I'll say it again , that was one pathetic setlist.

I remember them opening the encore with Red Lenses and thinking I hope this is a joke.

Yeah, I was shocked by the '84 setlist. The only older material they played was a small sampling of the stuff they ALWAYS played, only much less of it. That was the one tour where they really flipped the bird to their old material, and to many fans, whether intentionally or not. I forgot about the red lenses encore....I'm sure I was shocked by that. When they went bypassed 2112 Overture and went directly into Temples, I thought I was listening to Rush on a K-Tel album.

As I mentioned earlier, I appreciate GUP now much more than in '84, but that really was a bad setlist.

That was GuP warmup tour at Radio City, not the "actual" tour. I was there too, my first ever RUSH concert, and Marillion cursed us all out!

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 6 2011, 08:53 AM)
Caught the tour in Buffalo. Still have the grey t-shirt of the egg in a vise.

yes.gif

anyone besides me still have the black sleeveless 'glow in the dark' p/g shirt? ph34r.gif

Archived