Top Five Best Games of All Time?

Good,bad,andrush

Xevious, Asteroids, Tempest, Galaga and the incredible Mario World. The first 4 I mentioned did cost me a lot of money and even more of my nerves, back in the day. Nonetheless I loved to play those games, well almost every night for years and years.

Did you play much Phoenix? That had some great sound effects as well :hail:

Yeah, I forgot that one, brings back some great memories. I found some clips on Youtube, those sounds were nerve wrecking, but I loved it back then. :cheers:

Remember Astro Blaster? That was fun to play, but I didn't manage to get through all the sectors, 'cause I was stony broke all the time.

• Like 1

Xevious, Asteroids, Tempest, Galaga and the incredible Mario World. The first 4 I mentioned did cost me a lot of money and even more of my nerves, back in the day. Nonetheless I loved to play those games, well almost every night for years and years.

Did you play much Phoenix? That had some great sound effects as well :hail:

Yeah, I forgot that one, brings back some great memories. I found some clips on Youtube, those sounds were nerve wrecking, but I loved it back then. :cheers:

Remember Astro Blaster? That was fun to play, but I didn't manage to get through all the sectors, 'cause I was stony broke all the time.

Nah, didn't play AB (not sure if we ever had it down here), but I just looked up a few screenshots. I can see some similarities with Phoenix maybe.

Edited by Steevo

Except for the first one (which is my number one of all time), these are in no particular order

Deus Ex

Homeworld (classic version - currently playing the remastered version)

(Tie) The entire Baldur's Gate series and Planescape: Torment

Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Heavily modded Skyrim (200+ mods and the game looks gorgeous)

Honorable mentions:

Freespace 1 and 2

Fallout 3

Dragon Age: Origins and (so far) Dragon Age: Inquisition

Mechwarrior 4 + expansions

Crimson Skies (Unfortunately, due to odd-size textures in the game, it doesn't play on modern video cards any more)

Bioshock

Grim Fandango (remaster coming out later this year)

Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos

Neverwinter Nights 2

No One Lives Forever (highlight: main character riding on the back of a tricycle while a huge Scotsman in a kilt pedals, chasing a midget mime on a unicycle)

No One Lives Forever 2 (highlight: swordfight with katanas against a female ninja in a trailer from a trailer park in Akron, Ohio during a tornado. Yes, the trailer gets picked up and tossed around in the air)

Pharoah

The Witcher

These are all games that I have replayed multiple times, and will continue to replay as long as my computer will support them. Deus Ex I have played at least once per year since it was released, and still use my original game disc to play it with (actually, I play all of my games with the original discs, with the exception of VtMB, as I bought that game from Steam)

DayZ.... Still in Alpha stage of develpoment and I have 300 hours logged...

Sounds like me with Minecraft.

Ahh yes, Minecraft. I have still never played, but all my kids are addicted to that one... My oldest has it on computer and ipad, my middle has it on computer, ipad, and xbox, and my yougest has it on her ipad and computer... I give them wi-fi in the car on long trips and they play for hours without me hearing a peep (other than the occasional "Quit wrecking my castle!!!" or whatever :LOL:

DayZ.... Still in Alpha stage of develpoment and I have 300 hours logged...

Sounds like me with Minecraft.

Ahh yes, Minecraft. I have still never played, but all my kids are addicted to that one... My oldest has it on computer and ipad, my middle has it on computer, ipad, and xbox, and my yougest has it on her ipad and computer... I give them wi-fi in the car on long trips and they play for hours without me hearing a peep (other than the occasional "Quit wrecking my castle!!!" or whatever :LOL:

Hey, Minecraft griefing is one of the biggest douche moves you can do in a video game!

I've been playing it since 2010 when it was in Alpha. Oh how that game has evolved.

On 10/17/2014 at 11:30 PM, greyfriar said:

Sorry for bringing this up after a few years but was trawling the games section and saw your reference to Astro Blaster. 

I used to watch this in a Holiday Arcade when I was a young teen and loved the voice and sound. 

I'm tempted to get a Playstation Portable and the Sega Genesis Collection.on the sole basis that it has AB as an unlockable game. Not sure what I'd have to do to unlock it - complete the whole collection??

• Like 1

On 3/15/2015 at 10:26 PM, MaxxQ said:

Except for the first one (which is my number one of all time), these are in no particular order

Deus Ex

Homeworld (classic version - currently playing the remastered version)

(Tie) The entire Baldur's Gate series and Planescape: Torment

Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Heavily modded Skyrim (200+ mods and the game looks gorgeous)

Honorable mentions:

Freespace 1 and 2

Fallout 3

Dragon Age: Origins and (so far) Dragon Age: Inquisition

Mechwarrior 4 + expansions

Crimson Skies (Unfortunately, due to odd-size textures in the game, it doesn't play on modern video cards any more)

Bioshock

Grim Fandango (remaster coming out later this year)

Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos

Neverwinter Nights 2

No One Lives Forever (highlight: main character riding on the back of a tricycle while a huge Scotsman in a kilt pedals, chasing a midget mime on a unicycle)

No One Lives Forever 2 (highlight: swordfight with katanas against a female ninja in a trailer from a trailer park in Akron, Ohio during a tornado. Yes, the trailer gets picked up and tossed around in the air)

Pharoah

The Witcher

These are all games that I have replayed multiple times, and will continue to replay as long as my computer will support them. Deus Ex I have played at least once per year since it was released, and still use my original game disc to play it with (actually, I play all of my games with the original discs, with the exception of VtMB, as I bought that game from Steam)

Sorry to bring this up after a long time but you've mentioned some games on here that I still have or have tried to play. Especially Deus Ex, Vampire, Bioshock, Independence Ware and Freespace. 

I've got the 1st Independence War and I love the idea of it but I've never spent enough time with it to get going. How did or do you play it - via keyboard or with a joystick? I know the 1st one has a guide to all the keys on the keyboard which have a function for operating the spacecraft. Does the 2nd have a similar setup or is it easier? 

Jane's WWII Fighters PC

EASPORTS NHL 94 SEGA GENESIS

EASPORTS FIFA Soccer SEGA GENESIS/SNES + (All other platforms - years to some degree)

Gran Turismo PLAYSTATION

GoldenEye 007 N64

The Legend of Zelda -  Ocarina of Time N64 

Honorable mention - Super Black Bass SNES

Urban Strike SEGA GENESIS

Destruction Derby PLAYSTATION

Edited by malm_51
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 2:41 PM, malm_51 said:

The Legend of Zelda

I remember playing the original Zelda and loving it.  

• Like 1