Top Five Best Games of All Time?

Good,bad,andrush

For me... going thru games that had an impact on me....

Mario Brothers (NES)

Karate Champ (upright arcade)

GoldenEye (N64)

Gran Turismo (PS1)

TombRaider (PC/PS)

Golden Eye led to Syphon Filter (another favorite of mine) to COD...

Tombraider -> Uncharted was a huge leap.... without the digital boobies.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Add "League of Legends."

It's #1 on my list right now, but will settle into #3 eventually, I think.

EverQuest ruined gaming for me. Never again with there be such a challenging game that offers the kind of immersion that it did. I will probably never play another MMO as they all fall short in comparison.

My list:

1. EverQuest

2: Diablo 2

3: Starcraft

4: Warcraft 2

5: Unreal Tournament

Number 5 was tough as there were several FPS games that I really liked that could go there so I picked based on how much time I played them. Unreal Tournament wins out.

EverQuest ruined gaming for me. Never again with there be such a challenging game that offers the kind of immersion that it did. I will probably never play another MMO as they all fall short in comparison.

My list:

1. EverQuest

2: Diablo 2

3: Starcraft

4: Warcraft 2

5: Unreal Tournament

Number 5 was tough as there were several FPS games that I really liked that could go there so I picked based on how much time I played them. Unreal Tournament wins out.

I concur with your UT choice, my friend.

hmm I like a lot of games

I play PC only these days

But when I played console I played lots of Mario and Zelda

On the PC these days I am a total Bioware fangirl I have way too many hours into Mass Effect

for FPS I play Battlefield 3 baby!

Portal and Portal 2 rock

I have to agree that Everquest is the standard for MMO's just for difficulty alone

I am no longer allowed to play Civilization as when I play I lost all sense of time and space

also have to add Deus ex and Bioshock and Diablo as big faves as well.

I have to stop now, or I will add more.

On the PC these days I am a total Bioware fangirl I have way too many hours into Mass Effect

Portal and Portal 2 rock

I have to agree that Everquest is the standard for MMO's just for difficulty alone

I am no longer allowed to play Civilization as when I play I lost all sense of time and space

You play battlefield 3?

Portal and Portal 2 rock

You play battlefield 3?

I do

Portal and Portal 2 rock

You play battlefield 3?

I do

I like to play engineer, and I love to drive tanks!

Portal and Portal 2 rock

You play battlefield 3?

I do

I like to play engineer, and I love to drive tanks!

I try and play everything but I suck in vehicles.

Everquest ruined all MMORPGs for me totally, but not in the same way. That was probably the one time in my life when a video game was too addictive and it started affecting me negatively (playing 7 hours a night, not getting enough sleep, etc) And while there was people on there who played 16+ hours a day (!!), it just got to be way too much.

This was back when Scars of Velious just came out, so probably going back what, 10 expansions or something??

You know what got me to stop? The constant patches. One of them made it so my old-ass computer couldn't play EQ anymore so I had to quit cold turkey. I was mad at the time but in retrospect I'm glad that happened. And I haven't played an MMORPG since!

But back on topic, if I had to choose my top 5 games ever- and damn this is a very hard choice:

Diablo 2 (PC)

Legacy of the Wizard (NES)

Super Metroid (SNES)

Dark Souls (XBOX360)

Dragon Warrior 3 (remake, GBC)

And there's probably 20 more I could easily mention, but those are the ones I play(ed) a ton.

Everquest ruined all MMORPGs for me totally, but not in the same way. That was probably the one time in my life when a video game was too addictive and it started affecting me negatively (playing 7 hours a night, not getting enough sleep, etc) And while there was people on there who played 16+ hours a day (!!), it just got to be way too much.

This was back when Scars of Velious just came out, so probably going back what, 10 expansions or something??

You know what got me to stop? The constant patches. One of them made it so my old-ass computer couldn't play EQ anymore so I had to quit cold turkey. I was mad at the time but in retrospect I'm glad that happened. And I haven't played an MMORPG since!

But back on topic, if I had to choose my top 5 games ever- and damn this is a very hard choice:

Diablo 2 (PC)

Legacy of the Wizard (NES)

Super Metroid (SNES)

Dark Souls (XBOX360)

Dragon Warrior 3 (remake, GBC)

And there's probably 20 more I could easily mention, but those are the ones I play(ed) a ton.

It was hard to log off many nights. I have played several other MMO's and none grab me like EQ did.

I'm not a game connoisseur; I've played only a tiny percentage of what's been listed on these pages. So rather than indicating the "Top Five Best Games of All Time," here are some that completely took over my life at various points:

1. The text-based interactive fiction games Adventure (Colossal Cave) and the Zork series. Early '80s, on an Apple green and black screen, with no Internet to go looking for hints or outright answers. Good times!

2. Adventure (Atari 2600). I was playing this a lot in 1981 with the radio on, when they started to play Tom Sawyer and Limelight every other minute. That's how I discovered Rush, so this game and those two songs are forever linked in my memory.

3. Myst. The first game I bought for my newfangled Pentium 60 in 1994 or thereabout. Talk about obsessed.

4. Doom / Doom II / Quake. Especially the first Doom.

5. Civilization II. I got a full ten years of play out of this before I became bored with it.

6. Diablo II. Wanting to relive some memories, I tried loading up these discs a few days ago onto my laptop. After some tweaks, it only runs in a little dinky screen and it kinda goofed up my Windows. (I think it's running in fewer colors, and the menu style looks dated; I don't see how to fix it)

Lately I've been getting the itch to play something again, so, thanks to Steel Rat, I've been hooked on NEStalgia for the past week.

• Like 1

1. The Legend of Zelda (the first great game with open world exploration and saves)

2. Super Mario Bros. (still among the best platformers you can play today)

3. Phantasy Star (the original was an incredible breakthrough)

4. Pitfall!!

5. Sonic the Hedgehog

• Like 2

I'm not a game connoisseur; I've played only a tiny percentage of what's been listed on these pages. So rather than indicating the "Top Five Best Games of All Time," here are some that completely took over my life at various points:

1. The text-based interactive fiction games Adventure (Colossal Cave) and the Zork series. Early '80s, on an Apple green and black screen, with no Internet to go looking for hints or outright answers. Good times!

2. Adventure (Atari 2600). I was playing this a lot in 1981 with the radio on, when they started to play Tom Sawyer and Limelight every other minute. That's how I discovered Rush, so this game and those two songs are forever linked in my memory.

3. Myst. The first game I bought for my newfangled Pentium 60 in 1994 or thereabout. Talk about obsessed.

4. Doom / Doom II / Quake. Especially the first Doom.

5. Civilization II. I got a full ten years of play out of this before I became bored with it.

6. Diablo II. Wanting to relive some memories, I tried loading up these discs a few days ago onto my laptop. After some tweaks, it only runs in a little dinky screen and it kinda goofed up my Windows. (I think it's running in fewer colors, and the menu style looks dated; I don't see how to fix it)

Lately I've been getting the itch to play something again, so, thanks to Steel Rat, I've been hooked on NEStalgia for the past week.

I remember the text based adventure games in the early and mid 80s as well... Got me hooked way back. My first was The Adventures of Karak on the TRS-80 (public domain name that came out of Rainbow magazine) and the shortly after was Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (retail)... Ahh, those were the days...

My Top 5 would be:

1. Doom

2. Civilization 2 (Civilization 4 was really good, too.)

3. Half Life (Aside from being a great game, the main character has the same last name as me, so it was like the guards and scientists were talking to me.)

4. Unreal Tournament

5. Diablo 2

In no order and Im a gonna list more than 5 cause I feel like it

Legend of Zelda :Ocarina of Time

Mario 3

Super Smash Brothers 64 and Melee (I destroy people as Jigglypuff)

Mario Baseball for Gamecube

Myst

Mario Kart 64

Halo 2

Civilization 2 and 3 and 4

Knights of the Old republic

hmm thats all I got for now

• Like 1

My Top 5 would be:

1. Doom

2. Civilization 2 (Civilization 4 was really good, too.)

3. Half Life (Aside from being a great game, the main character has the same last name as me, so it was like the guards and scientists were talking to me.)

4. Unreal Tournament

5. Diablo 2

I played UT for years (the GOTY edition, not the 2003 version which I thought sucked)... Still love that game though, either simple deathmatches or "bunny tracks" (a weird and great form of CTF).

If you liked Doom (I assume you got Doom3 as well), you should try the Wolfenstein series. The New World Order just came out and it is great so far.

• Like 1

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

3. Final Fantasy X

4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (or Between Worlds. Both equally awesome!)

5. Tie between the original Borderlands and Dishonored.

Just my opinion! Although I don't often try many new games. Too poor. All my money is now spent on Rush XD

• Like 1

1. Final Fantasy 10

My favorite video game story ever, and best video game music.

I love this game so much. The HD remake gave me a chance to finally play it again after my original copy was conveniently traded in by my mother. Anyway, this title used to hold my number one spot (and it probably will when I play through it a third time too)

• Like 2

Super Mario brothers

Tomb raider

Madden

Call of duty

Have to be up there. My personal fave is galaga

Galaga was a great game...TR is def in my list.

I've probably made a list like this before but here it is updated...

(Some I didn't like the entire series and sorry I just can't do five so here are my Top Ten INPO)

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Dino Crisis

GTA

Tomb Raider

Star Wars: Battlefront

Medal of Honor

Jak and Daxter

Ratchet & Clank

Crash Bandicoot

Edited by Steevo

Definitely in my top 5. The new pikmin 3 for Wii U was great too.

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/244210/600full-pikmin-2-cover.jpg

my others would probably be

Mario 64

Twisted Metal

Contra

Zelda: Ocarina

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1