Counterparts forum

Godot

QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 16 2011, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 16 2011, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 16 2011, 08:48 AM)
Reading back a few pages, I discovered TRF had a 3 day outage - any idea what happened?

Zombies.

z7shysterical.gif

And it hasn't been the same since. Those f*ckers.

I used to post there as well. Then I wasn't on for a while and when I came back it had changed. Just like many of you have said. There are a bunch of ***holes on there that can't even give a straight response to any question or topic. Some act like kids in Junior High posting. I don't get that whole British humor thing. It's funny maybe the first few times but after thousands of posts it's just plain rediculous. Those of you who are not a member I would say you are not missing anything.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Feb 16 2011, 11:16 AM)
That forum confused the living daylights out of me.

This one is better organized. And did not set off my ADHD/OCD/Asperger's tendencies. And I found all the info I needed. And I decided to stay. And the people here are cool.

AND STAY OUT!! angry.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 16 2011, 05:08 PM)
I used to post there as well. Then I wasn't on for a while and when I came back it had changed. Just like many of you have said. There are a bunch of ***holes on there that can't even give a straight response to any question or topic. Some act like kids in Junior High posting. I don't get that whole British humor thing. It's funny maybe the first few times but after thousands of posts it's just plain rediculous. Those of you who are not a member I would say you are not missing anything.

As they'd say on Counterparts:

REDICULOUS

REDICULOUS

REDICULOUS

And it's British Humour smile.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 16 2011, 05:08 PM)

The Internet - still frightening people after all these years.

Since when has discussing Rush been a serious business?

I used to be a very regular poster at Rushtour which was my first ever Rush board/community. I still have some great friends over there that I see almost every tour. But the board died after the Snakes Tour. Things got way to personal, and facebook happened. I go over there here and there to check in but rarely post. I moved on to Counterparts and The Rush Forum.

I like both boards a bunch for different reasons. Counterparts...you better have a thick skin and the Brits crack me up big time.

Over here it feels more like Rushtour. Less hate and more gloating about our favorite band.

It's all good to me. I am here to talk about Rush and music.....that is it.

Edited by Todem

I've had a look in Counterparts... I agree - you do need a thick skin, something I don't seem to have. I doubt I'd join it. With TRF, it's so friendly. Before I joined, I'd had a look, liked the layout, saw some fantastic threads, read some very good comments & thought: yeah, I like this. I'm having such a lot of good fun. You guys are the best! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ Feb 17 2011, 02:24 PM)
I used to be a very regular poster at Rushtour which was my first ever Rush board/community. I still have some great friends over there that I see almost every tour. But the board died after the Snakes Tour. Things got way to personal, and facebook happened.

That and Snowcat's meandering posts.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 18 2011, 04:51 AM)
I've had a look in Counterparts... I agree - you do need a thick skin, something I don't seem to have. I doubt I'd join it. With TRF, it's so friendly. Before I joined, I'd had a look, liked the layout, saw some fantastic threads, read some very good comments & thought: yeah, I like this. I'm having such a lot of good fun. You guys are the best! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

It's a weird thing about Counterparts. It wasn't like that way back. I stopped going there regularly about 8 years, then went back a few times over the last couple of years and it seemed like a completely different forum. I'm not complaining I'm just saying the whole vibe seemed to change for whatever reason.

QUOTE (Cygnals @ Feb 17 2011, 05:44 PM)
I used to be a very regular poster at Rushtour which was my first ever Rush board/community. I still have some great friends over there that I see almost every tour. But the board died after the Snakes Tour. Things got way to personal, and facebook happened.

Same story for me.

I still post more over at RushTour but a lot of out right fights there between members, and between members and mods, has killed the board.

I've been lurking here some more and likely will be here much more as RT is dying a slow death.

A lot of members are now using Facebook much more as well.

ALso still have a lot of friends there but am open to making new friends here.

And SnowCat may have mental issues. Just saying.

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Feb 18 2011, 05:54 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnals @ Feb 17 2011, 05:44 PM)

Same story for me.

I still post more over at RushTour but a lot of out right fights there between members, and between members and mods, has killed the board.

I've been lurking here some more and likely will be here much more as RT is dying a slow death.

A lot of members are now using Facebook much more as well.

ALso still have a lot of friends there but am open to making new friends here.

And SnowCat may have mental issues. Just saying.

I posted briefly and sporadically a good while back on RushTour, but mostly stopped because the board moved so slowly. Even interesting threads would get maybe 1 or 2 responses a day. Is that still the case?

I liked the people there, it just seemed there were either too few of them or they didn't like posting very much, at least in any threads I was interested in...

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 18 2011, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 16 2011, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @  Feb 16 2011, 11:16 AM)
That forum confused the living daylights out of me.

Literally.

I do not see the appeal to that forum at all.

which one, Counterparts or RushTour?

People have different personalities, so do the different Fourms. None of them are any better or worse than the others.

I have hung out with people from all three forums and have had a great time with them all. People's posting personalities are usually a bit different than when you meet them in person.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 11 2011, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Feb 12 2011, 12:11 AM)
They're  wub.gif

But I'm too scared to join, there's some real scary peeps like Pumpkinhead, NickSlikk2112 and Reed Lover. You can get like such a visceral thrill from watching a car crash, but it's safer here. 1022.gif

That Nikkslikk's a right girl!

Nickslikk has been on this board using different names and our very own Tony R is Reed Lover. Nothing/No one to be afraid of really.

QUOTE (Todem @ Feb 17 2011, 12:24 PM)
I used to be a very regular poster at Rushtour which was my first ever Rush board/community. I still have some great friends over there that I see almost every tour. But the board died after the Snakes Tour. Things got way to personal, and facebook happened. I go over there here and there to check in but rarely post. I moved on to Counterparts and The Rush Forum.

I like both boards a bunch for different reasons. Counterparts...you better have a thick skin and the Brits crack me up big time.

Over here it feels more like Rushtour. Less hate and more gloating about our favorite band.

It's all good to me. I am here to talk about Rush and music.....that is it.

Although I check into RT each day it's really dead over there. I do think this board is more like RT than CP.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 16 2011, 12:08 PM)
...there are a bunch of ***holes on there that can't even give a straight response to any question or topic. Some act like kids in Junior High posting...

^ hey pal, that's TRF you're describing...

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 18 2011, 10:04 AM)
I have hung out with people from all three forums and have had a great time with them all. People's posting personalities are usually a bit different than when you meet them in person.

This is 100% true. Of course I never reveal who I post as IRL... wink.gif

I think I'm much less of a fan of forums than I used to be. Before this whole "forum" concept came to be, I used to have to deal with non-fans questioning why I liked Rush. With the forums, I now have to deal with fans who question why I like or dislike a certain Rush album.