Counterparts forum

Godot

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 18 2011, 02:30 PM)
I recognized the two-legged horsy avatar from CP but didn't know which poster he was.

he's a Rush poster

http://www.posters57.com/images/categories/rush-2.jpg

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 18 2011, 08:46 PM)
I recognized the two-legged horsy avatar from CP but didn't know which poster he was.

he's a Rush poster

I have that poster somewhere. Used to be on my bedroom wall. 653.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 18 2011, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 18 2011, 08:46 PM)

he's a Rush poster

I have that poster somewhere. Used to be on my bedroom wall. 653.gif

I bet it got covered in Cock Custard... tongue.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 17 2011, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 16 2011, 05:08 PM)
I used to post there as well. Then I wasn't on for a while and when I came back it had changed. Just like many of you have said. There are a bunch of ***holes on there that can't even give a straight response to any question or topic. Some act like kids in Junior High posting. I don't get that whole British humor thing. It's funny maybe the first few times but after thousands of posts it's just plain rediculous. Those of you who are not a member I would say you are not missing anything.

The Internet - still frightening people after all these years.

Since when has discussing Rush been a serious business?

Frightening? That's funny. More like idiotic posters who think they are funny but they are not. Like their whole ego is tied to their status on a message board.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 18 2011, 06:09 PM)
I used to post there as well. Then I wasn't on for a while and when I came back it had changed. Just like many of you have said. There are a bunch of ***holes on there that can't even give a straight response to any question or topic. Some act like kids in Junior High posting. I don't get that whole British humor thing. It's funny maybe the first few times but after thousands of posts it's just plain rediculous. Those of you who are not a member I would say you are not missing anything.

Frightening? That's funny. More like idiotic posters who think they are funny but they are not. Like their whole ego is tied to their status on a message board.

Replies such as these means the terrorists truly have won...

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 18 2011, 09:04 AM)
People have different personalities, so do the different Fourms. None of them are any better or worse than the others.

I have hung out with people from all three forums and have had a great time with them all. People's posting personalities are usually a bit different than when you meet them in person.

well said yes.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 18 2011, 07:09 PM)

It's pretty unfair to paint a whole community like that with such a broad and judgmental brush.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 18 2011, 11:41 PM)

It's pretty unfair to paint a whole community like that with such a broad and judgmental brush.

I agree. And I was going to put that in there as well. I'm sure the majority on there are great. But the last few times I've browsed Counterparts there just seemed to be a quite a few that wanted to shoot everybody else down. I get tired of that whole everything Rush has done after 1980 sucks vibe.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:45 AM)

I agree. And I was going to put that in there as well. I'm sure the majority on there are great. But the last few times I've browsed Counterparts there just seemed to be a quite a few that wanted to shoot everybody else down. I get tired of that whole everything Rush has done after 1980 sucks vibe.

So, you get a bad vibe from that board. Doesn't make it a bad place, just means it's not up your alley.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier in this thread -- if CP were a bad place no one would go there. That board has been around a lot longer than we have, and lots of people still hang there. They must be doing something right...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:52 AM)

So, you get a bad vibe from that board. Doesn't make it a bad place, just means it's not up your alley.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier in this thread -- if CP were a bad place no one would go there. That board has been around a lot longer than we have, and lots of people still hang there. They must be doing something right...

What ever happened to I think it was Rush.net? Was that a board run by the band? If it is the one I'm thinking of that was a very cool place. This is one fine board as well. Congrats!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:52 AM)

What ever happened to I think it was Rush.net? Was that a board run by the band? If it is the one I'm thinking of that was a very cool place. This is one fine board as well. Congrats!

Rush.net was the "official" Rush board, and it WAS cool for a while, but it was run by a guy who was...a legendary dickhead. And that's why it's no longer around.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 19 2011, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2011, 02:56 AM)
Rush.net was the "official" Rush board, and it WAS cool for a while, but it was run by a guy who was...a legendary dickhead. And that's why it's no longer around.

Excellent use of 'legendary'! yes.gif

indeed

even the profoundly over-used 'epic' would've been a wholly appropriate adjective

CP stopped being fun for me. There is a very cliquish, core group of "insiders" who relentlessly harass and insult certain individuals. Threads often degenerate into really nasty, ugly flame wars. I don't see much of that here at TRF. And I don't see TRF priding itself on being a "Biker Bar" or a "Snake Pit", in other words, some sort of force to be reconned with... Oooooooo.....eyesre4.gif TRF suits me just fine. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Feb 19 2011, 10:13 AM)
CP stopped being fun for me. There is a very cliquish, core group of "insiders" who relentlessly harass and insult certain individuals...

you obviously haven't been back since 2008 or so - that kind of behavior is all but gone, Cyg

...threads often degenerate into really nasty, ugly flame wars. I don't see much of that here at TRF...

oh there's plenty of that here

the TRF Administration takes a much more 'hands on' approach in threads, so 'flame wars' tend to be much more petty and juvenile (the nasty and ugly is edited out)

nonetheless, there's considerably more of that type of behavior here than at CP

...I don't see TRF priding itself on being a "Biker Bar" or a "Snake Pit", in other words, some sort of force to be reconned with...

again, CP hasn't been a "Biker Bar" for over two years

TRF suits me just fine.

well, based on this post, I'd have to agree with you tongue.gif

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 11 2011, 07:04 PM)
What's the deal with them?

Ken who runs the board is severely, clinically, and legally mentally ill.

MOD EDIT: We really don't need people's real full names posted in this thread.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Feb 19 2011, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 11 2011, 07:04 PM)
What's the deal with them?

Ken who runs the board is severely, clinically, and legally mentally ill.

Aw cmon man, why would you say that... thats not cool.

MOD EDIT: We really don't need people's real full names posted in this thread.