Time for Alex & Geddy to "assume control"

GeminiRising79

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 28 2011, 01:39 PM)
Uh oh, here come the Neil apologist brigade. I didn't see that coming smile.gif

I don't like Faithless at all.

I hate all your posts harping on your feelings about these songs even more.

beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif

Dude, let it go.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 28 2011, 12:39 PM)

Oh, snap!

Wait - it's actually the "Commenting on Stupid Pseudo-intellectual Posts" Brigade.

But other than that? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rusher @ Jan 28 2011, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 28 2011, 01:39 PM)

I don't like Faithless at all.

I hate all your posts harping on your feelings about these songs even more.

beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif

Dude, let it go.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 28 2011, 12:44 PM)
I recently read somewhere that Neil is beginning a new school of philosophical thought and reprogramming, sort of like the Betty Ford clinic for the religious-minded rush fan.  It's called the Peart Institute for Religious Transection (PIRT).  He is currently accepting donations at his website and will personally match your donation with profits from the last tour. He will also allot a certain percentage from sale of his new book "Far and Away", a scribe of linear, random inconsequentia from Neil's daily life on and off the road.  Here's an excerpt:

"...cruising along a barren stretch of desert highway while listening to one of  Richard's lectures through my two biaural headphones (right earbud "Lerxst", and left, "Dirk") at a point where he happens to be deriding (ha ha, no pun) a moron in the audience.  But something in my visual periphery breaks my trancelike preoccupation with "The Wizard".  Holy cow!!!  An Argentinian tri-colored box terrapin chomping  on a Cereus stromolipherus (a cactus, for you dummies). What is he doing in the lowlands of central New Mexico?  Wait a minute... I just said the word "Holy".  Jeez, how in God's name could I think this??  Oh, my God...argh, what am I saying! Forgive me, Wizard!!  Wait..what's that organ pipe cactus doing in the forward bearing of my bike?  Yaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!"

This is actually pretty funny! yes.gif Not as funny as the whole "Would you have a threesome with a member of Rush and his wife" thing, but certainly better than most of your recent material. You do a lot better with the really off-the-wall stuff than you do with the deadpan, so keep that in mind for the future. trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 28 2011, 11:44 AM)
I recently read somewhere that Neil is beginning a new school of philosophical thought and reprogramming, sort of like the Betty Ford clinic for the religious-minded rush fan.  It's called the Peart Institute for Religious Transection (PIRT).  He is currently accepting donations at his website and will personally match your donation with profits from the last tour. He will also allot a certain percentage from sale of his new book "Far and Away", a scribe of linear, random inconsequentia from Neil's daily life on and off the road.  Here's an excerpt:

"...cruising along a barren stretch of desert highway while listening to one of  Richard's lectures through my two biaural headphones (right earbud "Lerxst", and left, "Dirk") at a point where he happens to be deriding (ha ha, no pun) a moron in the audience.  But something in my visual periphery breaks my trancelike preoccupation with "The Wizard".  Holy cow!!!  An Argentinian tri-colored box terrapin chomping  on a Cereus stromolipherus (a cactus, for you dummies). What is he doing in the lowlands of central New Mexico?  Wait a minute... I just said the word "Holy".  Jeez, how in God's name could I think this??  Oh, my God...argh, what am I saying! Forgive me, Wizard!!  Wait..what's that organ pipe cactus doing in the forward bearing of my bike?  Yaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!"

Hey, Gemini, you're a rather gifted writer, yourself! Can we look forward to you publishing a full length novella soon??

You know, between gigs here at The RUSH Forum?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 28 2011, 12:41 PM)
How many times are you going to refresh this thread, guy? You anxiously awaiting a reply to this masterpiece post of yours? Well, here you go.  eyesre4.gif

ooooh, you can see that kind of activity?? and, you take time to watch page refreshes?

huh.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 28 2011, 02:35 PM)
Not as funny as the whole "Would you have a threesome with a member of Rush and his wife" thing, but certainly better than most of your recent material. You do a lot better with the really off-the-wall stuff than you do with the deadpan, so keep that in mind for the future. trink39.gif

cool.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 28 2011, 06:55 PM)
I saw this from the online list, available to everybody. No special mod tools needed. Plus, his name was in here (and listed first) for a long time after he made that post.

And no, I'm not in the habit of watching people's activities here. That may be the first time in 6-1/2 years that I've made a post like that.

I can't believe I'm witness to such a milestone ohmy.gif

th1245.gif

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 28 2011, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 28 2011, 06:55 PM)
I saw this from the online list, available to everybody. No special mod tools needed. Plus, his name was in here (and listed first) for a long time after he made that post.

And no, I'm not in the habit of watching people's activities here. That may be the first time in 6-1/2 years that I've made a post like that.

I can't believe I'm witness to such a milestone ohmy.gif

th1245.gif

You're more jazzed about it than I am. wink.gif

I only hope Neil continues to write more powerful lyrics about how silly it is to believe in a watch maker that "loves us all to death." Maybe he can actually get through to some of these people that still believe in such a supernatural being and bring them down to reality. It amazes me how people continue to believe, even thousands of years after people believed such characters as Zeus and Apollo were real. These ancient people had no scientific idea how lightning works, or how the moon orbits the earth, or the earth orbits the sun. They could only assume these things were being controlled by supreme beings because that's the ONLY way they could try to comprehend nature. Only now in these days are we starting to hear from a lot of people who are actually brave enough to say "I don't know" when it comes to questions of how everything works. Religion is a crutch, and in my opinion probably holds the human race back in our thirsty quest for knowledge.

Matt Dillahunty from one of my favorite shows:

Caller: Tell me now why God is not real.

Matt: Do you believe in unicorns?

Caller: No!

Matt: Why?

Caller: Because unicorns haven't been proven to exist and are just a fairy tale.

Matt: There you go. You are the best caller ever!

Archived