Time for Alex & Geddy to "assume control"

GeminiRising79

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 27 2011, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 27 2011, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 27 2011, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jan 27 2011, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 27 2011, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jan 27 2011, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 27 2011, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jan 27 2011, 01:18 PM)
While my opinion is that BU2B sucks, Caravan is one of the best songs they've written, undoubtly in the top 40 best songs of theirs.

Fixed for the mentally deficient.

Right, because one always must confirm when something is their opinion even when it's blatantly obvious? This is the second sentence I'm making in this post.

I guess factual statements are so foreign to you, you don't need any kind of lexical distinction.

All you do is insult people as soon as they prove you wrong. Leave me be (edited to say: and most others as well), narcissistic bastard.

Hate to say it, but goodpost.gif

Of course to someone who always is right no matter what, it doesn't matter what you say to them, they'll just continue to laugh at you and know that they're right.

It's literally hilarious that you are congratulating him just because he's saying something disparaging to me, no matter how ironic it is, how much of a logical fallacy it is, or how stupid it makes you look.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wub.gif this thread rofl3.gif

Please, continue! I'm really serious, keep going laugh.gif

goodpost.gif

You've made quite an impression here after only 211 posts! You've got a large following of loyal fans, and everybody seems to really like you!

I know, what can I say, God has blessed me smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 27 2011, 01:22 PM)
While my opinion is that BU2B sucks, Caravan is one of the best songs they've written, undoubtly in the top 40 best songs of theirs.

Right, because one always must confirm when something is their opinion even when it's blatantly obvious? This is the second sentence I'm making in this post.

I guess factual statements are so foreign to you, you don't need any kind of lexical distinction.

All you do is insult people as soon as they prove you wrong. Leave me be (edited to say: and most others as well), narcissistic bastard.

Of course to someone who always is right no matter what, it doesn't matter what you say to them, they'll just continue to laugh at you and know that they're right.

It's literally hilarious that you are congratulating him just because he's saying something disparaging to me, no matter how ironic it is, how much of a logical fallacy it is, or how stupid it makes you look.

goodpost.gif

You've made quite an impression here after only 211 posts! You've got a large following of loyal fans, and everybody seems to really like you!

http://media.schadenfreude.net/2009/06/stuart-smalley-posters.jpg

I have to admit, if Neil Peart pulled a Neal Morse and started writing testimonials to his "newfound Lord and Savior", I'd be pretty put off too. If he wrote one song, ok. But if he did an entire album and got really nasty about people who didn't believe like he did, I'd be VERY turned off.

Just trying to look at it from another perspective.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jan 27 2011, 04:39 PM)
I have to admit, if Neil Peart pulled a Neal Morse and started writing testimonials to his "newfound Lord and Savior", I'd be pretty put off too. If he wrote one song, ok. But if he did an entire album and got really nasty about people who didn't believe like he did, I'd be VERY turned off.

Just trying to look at it from another perspective.

i totally agree. i wouldn't like the preachiness in either direction.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jan 26 2011, 06:26 PM)
Well, I have it on good authority that Geddy and Alex actually did talk to Neil and have persuaded him to incorporate a more fair and balanced theme to the rest of the album which is causing the delay in rewrites.

Neil is sticking to the Steampunk Universe concept album and drawing from HG Wells and that British universe that is driven by cranks and gears so he is mixing in a Tea Party Steampunk universe featuring Sarah Palin to make Goober and Gemini happy!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/yangster1020/sppcoverlowerqual.jpg

Now that is Smokin Hot!

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 25 2011, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 25 2011, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Gerxt @ Jan 25 2011, 09:19 PM)
Some of this is pathetic. Peart writes what most educated and informed people in the civilized world think about many issues. If people in the Southern US and other ultra right wing places, with their radical religious and political beliefs can't handle it, go listed to Toby Keith.

total BS... most "educated and informed" people I know go to church.

I think it's possible the "educated and informed" people you know from church might not be the same educated and informed people running world governments, coming up with cures to diseases, working on splitting subatomic particles, etc.... just a hunch.

Your hunch would be at least partially mistaken.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 27 2011, 06:12 PM)
Well, I have it on good authority that Geddy and Alex actually did talk to Neil and have persuaded him to incorporate a more fair and balanced theme to the rest of the album which is causing the delay in rewrites.

Neil is sticking to the Steampunk Universe concept album and drawing from HG Wells and that British universe that is driven by cranks and gears so he is mixing in a Tea Party Steampunk universe featuring Sarah Palin to make Goober and Gemini happy!

Now that is Smokin Hot!

I'm sorry but I'd tap that

goodpost.gif

don't encourage him! that's what he wants, attention... why else would he repeatedly say such ridiculous things?

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 27 2011, 03:12 PM)

Now that is Smokin Hot!

laugh.gif

Yeah, and I met her a few times! biggrin.gif

Now Neil, get on with some smokin' lyrics will ya? 1022.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 27 2011, 10:06 PM)

goodpost.gif

don't encourage him! that's what he wants, attention... why else would he repeatedly say such ridiculous things?

You post that after saying this about Neil?????

"he's telling people "if you believe in God, you're a deluded moron". Pretty much the same thing. "

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 26 2011, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 26 2011, 04:13 PM)
It should be obvious that A&G have their hands tied with Neil, but they're only happy just as long as he doesn't pull the plug on Rush, inc.  Imo, Rush is being run into the ground artistically/musically by a domineering Neil Peart and his newer philosophical agenda.  Before 2000, the relationship was largely symbiotic between the three, but now he has passively/indirectly hijacked the group and taken A&G (and we fans) hostage, "forcefully" (and more importantly) repetitively subjecting us to his philosophie du jour

Again, for the record, this is not a religion-based opinion!

Do you actually believe this?

Certainly. This is the "stealth" picture of what's going on.

I recently read somewhere that Neil is beginning a new school of philosophical thought and reprogramming, sort of like the Betty Ford clinic for the religious-minded rush fan. It's called the Peart Institute for Religious Transection (PIRT). He is currently accepting donations at his website and will personally match your donation with profits from the last tour. He will also allot a certain percentage from sale of his new book "Far and Away", a curiosa of linear, random inconsequentia from Neil's daily life on and off the road. Here's an excerpt:

"...cruising along a barren stretch of desert highway while listening to one of Richard's lectures (through my two biaural headphones, right earbud "Lerxst", and left, "Dirk") at a point in the talk where he happens to be deriding (ha ha, no pun) a moron in the audience -But wait- something in my visual periphery breaks my trancelike preoccupation with "The Wizard". Holy cow!! An Argentinian tri-colored box terrapin chomping on a Cereus stromolipherus (a cactus, for you dummies). What is he doing in the lowlands of central New Mexico? Wait a minute... I just said the word "Holy". Jeez, how in God's name could I think this?? Oh, my God...argh, what am I saying! Forgive me, oh Wizard! Wait..what's that organ pipe cactus doing in the forward bearing of my bike? Yaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!"

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 28 2011, 11:44 AM)
I recently read somewhere that Neil is beginning a new school of philosophical thought and reprogramming, sort of like the Betty Ford clinic for the religious-minded rush fan.  It's called the Peart Institute for Religious Transection (PIRT).  He is currently accepting donations at his website and will personally match your donation with profits from the last tour. He will also allot a certain percentage from sale of his new book "Far and Away", a scribe of linear, random inconsequentia from Neil's daily life on and off the road.  Here's an excerpt:

"...cruising along a barren stretch of desert highway while listening to one of  Richard's lectures through my two biaural headphones (right earbud "Lerxst", and left, "Dirk") at a point where he happens to be deriding (ha ha, no pun) a moron in the audience.  But something in my visual periphery breaks my trancelike preoccupation with "The Wizard".  Holy cow!!!  An Argentinian tri-colored box terrapin chomping  on a Cereus stromolipherus (a cactus, for you dummies). What is he doing in the lowlands of central New Mexico?  Wait a minute... I just said the word "Holy".  Jeez, how in God's name could I think this??  Oh, my God...argh, what am I saying! Forgive me, Wizard!!  Wait..what's that organ pipe cactus doing in the forward bearing of my bike?  Yaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!"

How many times are you going to refresh this thread, guy? You anxiously awaiting a reply to this masterpiece post of yours? Well, here you go. eyesre4.gif

Archived