Lost my job today

ALifeson85

Sorry to rant folks...but, I'm as sick as a damn dog, got pretty much NO sleep the past couple nights. The wife and I had just started making plans to save up for our own apartment...only to find out I no longer have my job. I walked into my (former) job place today, and told me the let me, as well as a couple other people, go, do to them only being able to afford to pay workers with the better experience.

Apparently, my Temp agency tried getting a hold of me to tell me the other day, but my phone has been disconnected the past few days.

Just filed for unemployment - but this just...TOTALLY blows. I've never been "let go" from a job before. I've QUIT, to move on to better jobs, but never been let go. Very shitty feeling.

Sorry to hear that, don't worry though. I know it sucks, as it did for me a couple years ago, but I've found a better place to work. Just stay positive and remember "being let go" doesn't mean shit anymore. It doesn't instantly create "negative" opinion in potential employers.

Sorry to hear the news.

I was let go from a job on Dec. 19, 2008, was given one month's severance pay, filed for unemployment in Feb. 2009 and received 26 weeks of unemployment benifits. No extension either. Then it was from Aug. 2009 until Aug. 24 2010 when I finally started at a new job. And it's part time. I'm hoping to find a full timer this year to supplement my part timer.

Good luck and keep your head up. Lay low and don't spend your money. Gas is going up to $4 this year.

I hope you already got a Rush ticket. If anything, that show this year will if for just one day, lift your spirits.

Unemployment sucks.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jan 3 2011, 04:18 PM)
Sorry to hear the news.
I was let go from a job on Dec. 19, 2008, was given one month's severance pay, filed for unemployment in Feb. 2009 and received 26 weeks of unemployment benifits. No extension either. Then it was from Aug. 2009 until Aug. 24 2010 when I finally started at a new job. And it's part time. I'm hoping to find a full timer this year to supplement my part timer.

Good luck and keep your head up. Lay low and don't spend your money. Gas is going up to $4 this year.

I hope you already got a Rush ticket. If anything, that show this year will if for just one day, lift your spirits.

Unemployment sucks.

Aint got a Rush ticket...i was already not able to afford one. I can patiently await the Clockwork Angels tour next year...

You have my sympathy. It's a scary feeling.

My stepson was fired due to his car crash...but it was also his third absence, and between Sterilite and his temp agency...

anyway he's using the downtime to get some school under his belt,,,,

That is such an awful feeling. I hope things are back to normal for you very soon. rose.gif

Sorry to hear that you were let go, it sounds like it was through no fault of your own. Get that temp agency the number of a friend or relative that will get you a message if they call. Keep your head up and find something to keep you busy, sitting around thinking about it does no good, trust me, I speak from experience. I'm on disability because of my Epilepsy but would love to work any nothing job just to keep my mind positive.

I can certainly relate. I hope it all works out for the best, although I know at this time its hard to see any silver lining.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find something else soon trink39.gif

I would like to think that one one door closes, another opens.

Archived