The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Great news for those who haven't seen them live on this tour yet (or live period for that manner) but I'll have to skip this one unfortunately. I just can't bring myself to scourge $100+ for a show right now (I'm being economically picky with concerts this year). I've seen them already on the first leg of the tour last year and it was awesome! I'm a little bit sad about not seeing a more deserving band like Ghost open for them (I'm sorry but The Raven Age went in and out my ears very quickly and not in a good way) but luckily I saw Ghost headline as well last year so I've got that going for me.

I do sincerely wish those seeing them later this year again or for the first time that you have a great time, though! Barring the setlist remaining the same as last years, they really nailed the balance of TBOS songs w/their back catalogue even if half of those older songs are the usual live staples. :haz:

I didn't see them last April so I definitely don't wanna miss this opportunity to see them! Hoping to see them in San Bernardino on July 1st!

Not as up on Maiden as I used to be.

Aren't they another band who claimed a few years ago they were going on their last major tour?

It appears that Rush will be the only one who sticks to that.

Aren't they another band who claimed a few years ago they were going on their last major tour?

Nope.

Maiden never said that. I feel like they're one of those bands that when they say they're done they really will be.

Everyone in the band is about 60 and their drummer is like 65 now. So, they may very well not be around for much longer.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I am hoping I can see them in Nashville. We'll have to see if I can swing it. I have never seen them live.

Nope.

Maiden never said that. I feel like they're one of those bands that when they say they're done they really will be.

Everyone in the band is about 60 and their drummer is like 65 now. So, they may very well not be around for much longer.

Pretty sure it was in or around the press release announcing the Final Frontier tour. Rod S. said something like this will probably be IM's last big tour. Not a big deal and I'm not complaining that they're still around, but it was stated at least once back then.

I listened to Book of Souls today in the office. I like it better than I originally thought I did.

Nice. I always liked it but glad it grew on you.

• Like 1

Nope.

Pretty sure it was in or around the press release announcing the Final Frontier tour. Rod S. said something like this will probably be IM's last big tour. Not a big deal and I'm not complaining that they're still around, but it was stated at least once back then.

Another rock band dying? Nbd.

Jesus how can you be so nonchalant?

Nope.

Another rock band dying? Nbd.

Jesus how can you be so nonchalant?

Because that was the Final Frontier tour. The Book of Souls Tour is even bigger and 5-6 years later. They may have yet another tour or two in them if we're lucky. Or a more limited run

Edited by Union 5-3992

Nope.

But the band themselves never said that tour was it though and it was never marketed that way. Not once do I recall any major talk of them being done after the Final Frontier tour. Sure, there was the usual stuff that some fans would say about maybe this could be it because the band was getting older but it was never anything substantial.

I want to get in on the Ticketmaster pre-sale Thursday, I'm signed up for their emails so hopefully they will send out the password for it soon.

I don´t recall Maiden ever saying that, TexMike...

Yeah, it wasn't a definitive statement from the band, just a quote from Rod Smallwood suggesting they might be winding down soon. I tried to find that quote again, but couldn't. I guess coupled with the title "FINAL Frontier", I took it at the time as their likely farewell. Clearly it wasn't and good for them to still be out there putting on a great show after all these years.

• Like 1

Sent a message to Ticketmaster support on twitter for TM pre-sale code for tomorrow and it is SOULS. Hopefully they will have it to where I can choose my own seats. If not, I'm going to wait for the public sale (which I don't want to do).

I got my tickets for the Toronto show. Between the Maiden presale that started yesterday and the Live Nation one today, I don't think there will be much for the public when that starts tomorrow.

They didn't seem to have a great selection for the LN presale. They were trying to give me seats in the 300 sections but they were always off to the side. No way was I paying $103 a ticket to sit where I might not have a good view. I got tickets in section 405 for $89 each. We're a bit far back but the seats are more towards the center. All my friend and I really care about the most is that we'll be there.

• Like 2