Favourite Female Singer/s

rickyrob

Floor Jansen :heart:

YAAAASSSSS

I was so moved by her with Nightwish at Wembley. She has turned Nemo into one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking songs I have ever heard. The way she sang "Nemo my name forevermore"...I have heard that song maybe a thousand times, and yet it was listening to her sing it as I watched that finally made me "get it".

Such an amazing woman. Seriously when people say Tarja was better...no...emotionally I rarely find her moving, even when the lyrics are truly, deeply heartfelt.

Ever Dream, Ghost Love Score...she made two songs I love even more special.

Proves to me that the heart of the band is Tuomas. His lyrics are fantastic. But in many ways Floor is the first Nightwish sing to give his words the voice and emotion they deserve (although I tend to find I prefer Anette's studio work over Floor's interpretations, the major exception being The Poet And The Pendulum, I would love a studio re-recording featuring Floor).

• Like 2

YAAAASSSSS

I was so moved by her with Nightwish at Wembley. She has turned Nemo into one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking songs I have ever heard. The way she sang "Nemo my name forevermore"...I have heard that song maybe a thousand times, and yet it was listening to her sing it as I watched that finally made me "get it".

Such an amazing woman. Seriously when people say Tarja was better...no...emotionally I rarely find her moving, even when the lyrics are truly, deeply heartfelt.

Ever Dream, Ghost Love Score...she made two songs I love even more special.

Proves to me that the heart of the band is Tuomas. His lyrics are fantastic. But in many ways Floor is the first Nightwish sing to give his words the voice and emotion they deserve (although I tend to find I prefer Anette's studio work over Floor's interpretations, the major exception being The Poet And The Pendulum, I would love a studio re-recording featuring Floor).

I am still jealous of you seeing them live :LOL: hopefully one day...

I've always loved Floor's vocals. I got into Nightwish because of the Showtime, Storytime live video and I still love that live DVD so much! I actually find it strange hearing Tarja or Annette singing songs like Ghost Love Score and Story Time on the studio albums just because I'm so used to Floor.

I love love LOVE Lita Ford! My 3rd favorite artist/band after Rush and Queen! I saw her live this summer and it was sooo great! And Im happy that a few have mentioned her in this thread!

Glad to hear that Lita can still play live. I saw her in the late 80's when she had just issued the album that "Kiss me Deadly" was on. Very good show. Saw her again a few years back opening for Poisen & Def Leoprd and she could still play well. Glad she can still play. Hope to see her again some time.

• Like 2

The Corrs

In my opinion the best Irish pop group of the nineties. The Cranberries had some great moments...but The Corrs were sensual, sexy and the songwriting was second to none.

Did I mention sexy?

Phwoar!

• Like 2

The Corrs

In my opinion the best Irish pop group of the nineties. The Cranberries had some great moments...but The Corrs were sensual, sexy and the songwriting was second to none.

Did I mention sexy?

Phwoar!

Yes, all three sisters were nice but especially Andrea.

• Like 1

The Corrs

Did I mention sexy?

Phwoar!

Yes, all three sisters were nice but especially Andrea.

I really like the Staves as a top 3-sister act.

The Corrs

Did I mention sexy?

Phwoar!

Just for you: Talented, sexy...and covering Springsteen!

I really like these three artists

Enya: Not only is she amazing when it comes to Synthesizers, but when she sings in Gaelic it is arguably one of the most angelic voices ever.

Moya Brennan: Moya is the Older Sister of Enya, interesting factoid, before going Independent in the Mid 1980s Enya was the Lead vocalist in the Irish group Clannad, today Moya is the Lead vocalist for Clannad.

Grace Slick: Before I got addicted to the music of Rush, I was a big time fan of Jefferson Airplane, I still am a fan of that band but not as much as Rush. I really only liked the cliché songs Slick did for Jefferson Airplane's 1967 album Surrealistic Pillow mostly: Somebody to Love and White Rabbit.

Kate Bush

Dido

Natasha Bedingfield

Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays)

Nelly Furtado

Loreena McKennitt

Natalie Imbruglia

Gwen Stefani

Shirley Manson (Garbage)

Hayley Williams

Ann Wilson

Jewel Kilcher

Rihanna

Amy Winehouse

Edited by Boots
  • Like 1

I really like these three artists

Enya: Not only is she amazing when it comes to Synthesizers, but when she sings in Gaelic it is arguably one of the most angelic voices ever.

Moya Brennan: Moya is the Older Sister of Enya, interesting factoid, before going Independent in the Mid 1980s Enya was the Lead vocalist in the Irish group Clannad, today Moya is the Lead vocalist for Clannad.

Grace Slick: Before I got addicted to the music of Rush, I was a big time fan of Jefferson Airplane, I still am a fan of that band but not as much as Rush. I really only liked the cliché songs Slick did for Jefferson Airplane's 1967 album Surrealistic Pillow mostly: Somebody to Love and White Rabbit.

Good choices! I remember Clannad.

The Corrs

Did I mention sexy?

Phwoar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LVW95Mxv6k

two out of three ain't bad

in no order

Florence Welch

Mandy Lee

Ann Wilson

Stevie Nicks

Adele

Pat Benetar

Cyndi Lauper

Lady Gaga

Alanis Morrisette

Delores O'Riordan

Hayley Williams

Grace Slick

Bjork

Ann Wilson

She’s at the top of my list.

On YouTube I came across some country singer, Gretchen Wilson, with AIC & Nancy performing Barracuda just yesterday. Very respectable version. Not exactly the easiest thing to cover Ann Wilson vocals. Check that if you haven’t already. :hail:

The Corrs

Did I mention sexy?

Phwoar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LVW95Mxv6k

two out of three ain't bad

One of the sisters doesn't so it for you?

I don't, and haven't had any favorite, and favourite female singers. To, and for me, not any particular one have stood out because there are, and have been too many really good, and great ones around. Edited by Derek19

I really don't care for female singers at all. The only few exceptions would be Annie Haslam and Stevie Nicks.

misogynist

No, I just never cared much for them. I'm not a gung-ho female.

How about Karen Carpenter?
  • Like 1

I really don't care for female singers at all. The only few exceptions would be Annie Haslam and Stevie Nicks.

misogynist

No, I just never cared much for them. I'm not a gung-ho female.

How about Karen Carpenter?

It's not that I don't think the female singers we've had or have aren't good, I just never pay any attention to them. Something about a female vocalist I don't care for. With only two exceptions - Stevie and Annie. Also like Chrissie Hynde