What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Yes, even though Rick Santorum is ticked off about it, the great unwashed can actually think for themselves (wink wink) :biggrin:

:laugh:. Rick Santorum was our Senator but he is not well liked here. A neighbor went to law school with him and said, "Most of us stuck together to study but he was the guy that didn't get along with anyone. " Not a big surprise! 

• Like 2

I walked through my local grocery store this evening, on a mission to buy junk food.

I came home with celery, carrots, a cucumber, and some kale pasta salad.   I'm so proud of myself..... :biggrin:

• Like 4

I start each day with an early AM hike in the Sierra foothills, and today was an extra special one.  Above the orangey horizon was a perfect crescent moon with Venus in conjunction, mimicking the Turkish flag.  After a brisk hike enjoying that scenery, on returning to the trailhead I noticed three does passing in front of my parked car.  I glanced to my immediate left and four more deer were staring at me 15-20 feet away.  Looking back toward my car there came a huge-bodied buck, leader of the herem.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, goose said:

I start each day with an early AM hike in the Sierra foothills, and today was an extra special one.  Above the orangey horizon was a perfect crescent moon with Venus in conjunction, mimicking the Turkish flag.  After a brisk hike enjoying that scenery, on returning to the trailhead I noticed three does passing in front of my parked car.  I glanced to my immediate left and four more deer were staring at me 15-20 feet away.  Looking back toward my car there came a huge-bodied buck, leader of the herem.

You really had a stunning start for the day! :happy:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I walked through my local grocery store this evening, on a mission to buy junk food.

I came home with celery, carrots, a cucumber, and some kale pasta salad.   I'm so proud of myself..... :biggrin:

Seems like you failed in your mission. Regroup and try again tomorrow. :cake1:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

Seems like you failed in your mission. Regroup and try again tomorrow. :cake1:

I will surely do that.  The kale pasta salad was YUKKY.... :thumbsdown:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

You really had a stunning start for the day! :happy:

After work I took the dog on a different trail and came across three does with five 6-month fawns.  Quite the day!

• Like 3

Finding out that hybrid picking actually comes quite naturally. I had never really tried playing guitar before I got my Telecaster a few weeks ago. I'm having trouble fitting my fingers on the fretboard going up the neck, though. No such problems on the bass - and I hardly visit those frets anyway as I'm responsible of the low end.

What actually SAVED my day and the day before has been the strong support from my family and friends as the finality of the breakup of our ten year relationship about 1,5 months ago has really hit me hard this week. The strong anxiety and sorrow feel a bit lighter when there are people around that really care. :heart:

I'm so thankful I have those loving loved ones, and the bass, and the Tele. :heart::heart::heart:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 4

On 11/8/2023 at 11:01 PM, blueschica said:

:laugh:. Rick Santorum was our Senator but he is not well liked here. A neighbor went to law school with him and said, "Most of us stuck together to study but he was the guy that didn't get along with anyone. " Not a big surprise! 

I'm not surprised. A former governor of my state is one of the trashiest men I've ever met, but he's wealthy so people think he's smart. Ugh. Politics can be so gross!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 2:43 PM, Sun & Moon said:

Finding out that hybrid picking actually comes quite naturally. I had never really tried playing guitar before I got my Telecaster a few weeks ago. I'm having trouble fitting my fingers on the fretboard going up the neck, though. No such problems on the bass - and I hardly visit those frets anyway as I'm responsible of the low end.

What actually SAVED my day and the day before has been the strong support from my family and friends as the finality of the breakup of our ten year relationship about 1,5 months ago has really hit me hard this week. The strong anxiety and sorrow feel a bit lighter when there are people around that really care. :heart:

I'm so thankful I have those loving loved ones, and the bass, and the Tele. :heart::heart::heart:

:hug2:

• Like 1

Seeing a university symphony performance with my wife and son.  We were treated to some Beethoven, Pucinni, Strauss.  A friend of my son was playing violin, so it was fun to watch 

• Like 3

On 11/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, BigMontanaSKY said:

I'm not surprised. A former governor of my state is one of the trashiest men I've ever met, but he's wealthy so people think he's smart. Ugh. Politics can be so gross!!!!!!!

CAN be?!?

:biggrin:

A kind look from a female motorist made my day.

It reminded me I feel welcome in my current community. I cannot say that about places I lived before.

I also found a sweater vest that looks similar to one I owned in college. For a moment I was mentally transported back to that time in my life. How time flies so fast.....I bought it (it was on sale.)

• Like 1

Today is the independence day in Finland. I'm glad to be celebrating it, especially concerning what has been done in Ukraine by our common neighbouring country. I lighted up two candles and placed them by the window like has been done for about a hundred years. I have a kind of a solemn feeling.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 3

May be trivial but got a gift card with $100 on it to finally work.  :biggrin: Had tried to use it a few weeks ago but the register wouldn't take it.  The guy at the store said it's probably been scanned and emptied.  Got online and registered it and the funds were still there.  Just in time for Christmas :thumbsup:

• Like 2