What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Having finished Pompeii, I have started Robert Harris' other novel Fatherland. So far, very impressive. Like Pompeii, I struggle to understand how this hasn't already been turned into a major Hollywood blockbuster!

While reading this dark tome, I sense the same atmosphere as Blade Runner. Funny really, but I can't help but connect the two!

I have two more of his works on my reading list: Archangel and The Fear Index. I found both in a charity shop. I've been doing well with my bargains lately!

Having finished Pompeii, I have started Robert Harris' other novel Fatherland. So far, very impressive. Like Pompeii, I struggle to understand how this hasn't already been turned into a major Hollywood blockbuster!

While reading this dark tome, I sense the same atmosphere as Blade Runner. Funny really, but I can't help but connect the two!

I have two more of his works on my reading list: Archangel and The Fear Index. I found both in a charity shop. I've been doing well with my bargains lately!

I'm half on Fatherland now. Pretty easy read. If you want, we'll have a discussion.

• Like 1

I'm half on Fatherland now. Pretty easy read. If you want, we'll have a discussion.

Ok cool!

43015.jpg

After seeing this posting I read this book. Incredible. One of those books you don't want to put down. An easy read highly recommended unless you don't like violence.

This line has me sold. I'll check it out next.

Hi,

We are interviewing author Ishmael Beah for the Goodreads monthly newsletter, so we are asking his readers to submit questions about his upcoming book, Radiance of Tomorrow, his past work, and anything you're curious about in general. If you send me a question, we may be able to include it!

* You received this message because you gave 5 stars to a book by Ishmael Beah. To participate, please click below to reply to this message with your question by Friday, December 6.

* Look for the interview in January in the Goodreads Newsletter and online:

http://www.goodreads.com/voice

Cheers,

Jessica Donaghy

Goodreads Features Editor

Ok cool!

Finished it. Great story, fantastic thriller.

43015.jpg

After seeing this posting I read this book. Incredible. One of those books you don't want to put down. An easy read highly recommended unless you don't like violence.

Without a lot of spoilers, the book is 60% boy soldier, 40% rehabilitation/UN rescue. I found the 40% just as compelling as the 60%.

I just hit 50% and I had a hard time putting the book down and returning to work after my break.

• Like 1

I am re-reading Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. I love the Dresden Files series but this one kinda irritated me when I read it last year. I almost felt like he jumped the shark a bit with it but now listening to it, I am laughing at all the jokes and stuff Butcher throws at you. Guess I will be looking forward to Cold Days, the next installment :dweez: Edited by Rhyta

Great Living In Grubby Times by Don Paul.

Harry Potter - the first book (seriously, I haven't read any, haven't seen any movies)

So how did you like it? I have read the series multiple times and really love it. Audio version is killer too :dweez:

Started Cold Days by Jim Butcher, # 14 in the Dresden Files. I made it through Ghost story and ended up liking it better the 2nd go round. Also found a great suggestion for a challenging read to begin 2014

392563.jpg

I have always wanted a music history book that didn't put me to sleep and this one looks promising. :D

Harry Potter - the first book (seriously, I haven't read any, haven't seen any movies)

So how did you like it? I have read the series multiple times and really love it. Audio version is killer too :dweez:

Pretty good - I'm not a big fantasy person, but I'll continue on with these series.

• Like 1