Teams you HATE

ILSnwdog

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 16 2010, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 16 2010, 07:02 PM)
I don't think they've earned the right anymore to be called "americia's team". What have they done lately to keep that title? I think the Steelers have earned that honor.

They've never had the "right".

A guy from NFL Films just happened to make that phrase the title of his Cowboy highlight film for a certain season back in the 70's. The Sports Media (and the Cowboy organization) ran with it....much to the chagrin of the other NFL teams.

No such thing as "America's Team". We Packer fans love to give our team such a distinction, but the truth is that no team deserves to have it.

I knew it was coined in the 70s but I wasn't sure how it came about since I wasn't born until 1978. It just annoys me when they're always referred to as that when they've done nothing in recent years that should make anyone call the 'america's team' still.

MLB:

1. Cubs (Cards primary rival)

2. Red Sox (i go to school in New England with all sox fans and it is awful)

NFL:

Patriots (same reason as sox)

NCAAF: (whoever hands Missouri their yearly dumb loss to put them out of a respectable bowl)

NCAAB: KANSAS

and finally NHL:

Canucks- can't stand em.

Pens and Caps: i actually used to be a Pens fan back in the lemieux/jagr days but now the overexposure of these two teams is just ridiculous. The only hockey highlight that has a chance of getting on Sportcenter will have to involve Crosby or Ovechkin

Red Wings: Blues rivals

and my least favorite sports team ever................

The Chicago Blackhawks

they are the worst and i hate them so much.

Edited by StuffWithoutStyle

QUOTE (StuffWithoutStyle @ Sep 17 2010, 08:30 PM)

my least favorite sports team ever................
The Chicago Blackhawks

Hope to talk to you on the upcoming NHL 2010-11 thread. bekloppt.gif

I'll add my list of teams that I really and truly hate here

MLB- New York Yankees (enough said)

NBA- L.A. Lakers, Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia 76'ers (in other words, the Celtics historic rivals)

NHL- Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadieans, New York Rangers (the Bruins rivals)

NFL- Buffalo Bills, New York Jets (especially), Miami Dolphins (the Pats divisional rivals), Indianapolis (even without Manning, which is enough to hate any team, they used to be in the division with the Pats, and Peyton Manning....) New York Giants (still not over Super Bowl loss to end the perfect season) Oakland Raiders (does this need an explanation?) Minnesotta Vikings (Favre)

College Sports- Duke basketball, Notre Dame football, any team from South Carolina, on principle

did I mention I despise the Yankees and Jets? and the Lakers? just for the record, those three teams really suck

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 17 2010, 09:46 PM)

The Chicago Blackhawks

laugh.gif He may be a lot of fun when the season starts. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 20 2010, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Sep 17 2010, 09:46 PM)

The Chicago Blackhawks

laugh.gif He may be a lot of fun when the season starts. biggrin.gif

bd.gif

My favorite NCAA programs are the Tennessee Vols and Ohio State Buckeyes, therefore I hate the following.

1. Alabama Crimson Tide - Who had the big idea of naming this team after a woman's time of the month?

2. Florida Gators - They've been the thorn in UT's side in the SEC East for years now.

3. Michigan Wolverines - My hatred grows when they're doing well, but it's like 'whatever.' when they suck. Ohio State is my 2nd favorite NCAA program, so the emotion is not as there as for UT's rivals.

4. Texas Longhorns - Mainly because of UT moniker that they claim. Plus, burnt orange is fugly.

My favorite NFL teams are the Minnesota Vikings and the Cincinnati Bengals.

1. Dallas Cowboys - I just hate them on general principal.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mainly because of the obnoxious fans that I have run into at sports bars.

3. Baltimore Ravens - Mainly due to Ray (I got away with it like OJ) Lewis

4. Green Bay Packers/Chicago Bears - Just due to them being division rivals to the Vikings.

5. Tennessee Titans - I live here in Nashville, and they have some of the most obnoxious and fair-weathered fans. Besides, I hated them when they were the Houston Oilers.

6. San Francisco 49ers - Still bitter about Super Bowls XVI and XXIII (especially XXIII).

My favorite in MLB is the Cincinnati Reds.

1. Atlanta Braves - In 1991, you would've thought they moved to Nashville, because Braves hats and such were all of a sudden all over the place. I was indifferent to them in the 80's when they sucked, but then the bandwagon started, and I've hated them ever since.

2. St. Louis Cardinals - Was indifferent towards them until they became division rivals with the Reds.

3. LA Dodgers - Indifferent to them now, but hated them when they were division rivals with the Reds.

In order of hatred...

Green Bay Packers - obligatory #1 on the hate train, go Bears

Iowa Hawkeyes - the Iowa Penitentiary team, sponsored by Kirk Ferentz. Both football and basketball in Ames this year!

St. Louis Cardinals - 3 out of 4 teams with best MLB record are in the NLC. f**k you, STL.

Kansas Jayhawks - our actual archrival in basketball. See you in the Big 12 tournament.

Detroit Lions - division and they play dirty.

Chicago White Sox - Go Cubs

Minnesota Vikings - They might really take off this year. I don't hate them like I hate GB and Detroit, but they're in the division fighting like we are.

Dallas Cowboys - Jerruh muhfukkin Jones and his reality television football program

I seen this is a old topic and already posted 2010.. Strangely forgot to add Pittsburgh Penguins & Steelers, Mostly because of there annoyingly obnoxious fans...The over adulation and saturation of Steelers here for Hall Of Fame activities was sickening.... :moon:

I am ashamed to admit that I really don't hate any teams anymore. Does that mean I've gone soft? :doh:

Even though the Maryland Terps are not in the ACC anymore i STILL. Can't stand DUKE!. Nuff said....now I must find disdain towards the THE BIG10.

BTW....the Terps men's basketball will be a beast this year coming to gitcha Duke.

The Yankees

The Mets

The Dolphins

The Jets

The Colts

The Ravens

The Broncos

The Raiders

The Canadiens

The Canucks

The Penguins

The Lakers