rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 17 2008, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 17 2008, 08:36 AM)
I know its up on youtube but I just checked my tv schedule and it lists that the show will be shown again this morning at 10:30, this afternoon at 2:30 and this evening at 8:30. EST.

2.gif

I'll be home for the 8:30 showing then. Is it Comedy Central?

Yes it is. smile.gif

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVED all of the references during the first part of the show; i.e., when the logo popped up during "The Word" segment and the "By-Tor & The Snowdog" reference after the 1st break!

So much better than if they'd done Letterman, or Leno, or any of the dumb-ass music vid shows.

The tone on Alex's guitar was much cleaner last night - it sounded very good. After a couple of behind camera angles...it was clear that they could have played "I Think I'm Going Bald" - Alex has a huge bald patch now! Ged is clearly dying his hair!

I won't complain about it...

When they first went to commercial during TS, I immediately had two thoughts:

1) WTF?? How can they cut Rush off in the middle of a performance?

2) There is going to be a huge uproar on the TRF!!

Well, I was right! Haha...although once the show came back on, and TS continued from where they left off, I realized it was nothing more than a play on the joke of their epic songs!

Sure, I'd love to have seen the full performance happen. But I look at it this way, they plugged the band all throughout the show. They had a sit down interview with ALL 3 of the boys! They all shared some jokes, they all laughed alot, and Tom Sawyer sounded incredible in the studio!

My only little problem with the show is when they Colbert was plugging S&A, but showing the live album! I really wish he had either held up the actual S&A album, or better yet, have both in his hands, and plug the two at once! Either way...it's all good. yes.gif

BTW...Geddy's vocals sounded killer!! 1022.gif

At 9:30AM the morning after, this is a busy thread!

32 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):

Gompers, toonz, Sark, Don Quixote, My Rocinante, Godeater2112, mawhisler, alphseeker, Lerxstforever, TheBluePhoenix, EmotionDetector, vespa2112, tripdad, rushfr:CP

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 17 2008, 06:28 AM)
I LOVED all of the references during the first part of the show; i.e., when the logo popped up during "The Word" segment and the "By-Tor & The Snowdog" reference after the 1st break!
So much better than if they'd done Letterman, or Leno, or any of the dumb-ass music vid shows.

That was the best! Couldn't complain about a single thing really. The show was funny and Rush's performance was the best. The guys seem to have a really good sense of humor.

Neil is such a camera hog. Go figure. The shy one who doesn't like a lot of attention. You couldn't shut him up during the interview! That was great.

Alex looked phenomenal.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 17 2008, 06:37 AM)
Good morning boys and girls!

I didn't see the YoUTube link posted yet so here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gPAhP2cpC24

Now Ima go watch this for the first time.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Thanks godeater! Too bad the person who made the YouTube vid didn't include the interview. I'm sure that's kicking around YT somewhere though.

The interview is priceless.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2008, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (maxdistortion @ Jul 17 2008, 07:17 AM)

by the time they came back from the break i kinda got the hint that there was some form of a gag going on, and we still got to hear about 95 percent of the song in total...and already my jaw was dropped at the awesomeness of the performance (and the SOUND!)

I thought the sound was pretty damn good, albeit it was on my little 25" TV and not the surround sound.

goodpost.gif

I thought the sound was fine as well.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 17 2008, 06:28 AM)

The "By-Tor" bit was great, though I was just waiting for the "Something for Nothing" extro after "The Word" and it didn't happen...

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 16 2008, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (tHobbs @ Jul 17 2008, 12:07 AM)
Neil made a public appearance ohmy.gif

He has had other appearances... A great one was when he was on Politcally Incorrect about 5 years ago...

Hey, I'd like to see that. Know where I could find a copy?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Ahhhh, boys...back to where it all began. wub.gif

Well, I've been reading the thread, but I had to stop and quote this, therefore you will now get to read my comments about the show, which have probably all been said twenty times already.

Oh well. biggrin.gif

The opening with Limelight, the Anthem clip, the By-Tor lyrics!!! So much more than I had hoped for with the early references, before they even came on.

Then to see them sitting there...even NEIL? OMG. wub.gif And Neil had the best jokes. yes.gif The eBay thing was priceless.

I sat in the front of the TV like a kid, grinning from ear to ear the WHOLE time.

"Neil, what's your favorite color?" BAM. Red screen. rofl3.gif

It was just simply fantastic. I loved every second. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 17 2008, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 16 2008, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (tHobbs @ Jul 17 2008, 12:07 AM)
Neil made a public appearance ohmy.gif

He has had other appearances... A great one was when he was on Politcally Incorrect about 5 years ago...

Hey, I'd like to see that. Know where I could find a copy?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Ahhhh, boys...back to where it all began. wub.gif

Well, I've been reading the thread, but I had to stop and quote this, therefore you will now get to read my comments about the show, which have probably all been said twenty times already.

Oh well. biggrin.gif

The opening with Limelight, the Anthem clip, the By-Tor lyrics!!! So much more than I had hoped for with the early references, before they even came on.

Then to see them sitting there...even NEIL? OMG. wub.gif And Neil had the best jokes. yes.gif The eBay thing was priceless.

I sat in the front of the TV like a kid, grinning from ear to ear the WHOLE time.

"Neil, what's your favorite color?" BAM. Red screen. rofl3.gif

It was just simply fantastic. I loved every second. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If your not outraged that Rush was cut off, I cant understand why ? These Guys are legend, have not done American TV in 30+ years and this the respect they get ? What total crap. When he walked out on the set at the climax of the song, I was like. "Get the f**k off the set asshole, what are you stupid ?" Im sorry but if it was Pink Floyd, The Who, U2, The Stones, etc, that sure as hell would not have happened. Its to bad they did not choose to perform on a show with some class. They did not deserve Rush.  I'll bet the shows producer, who loves the band is mortified after that. 

I appreciate your passion but holy crap this is misguided. The only thing that would mortify me is if Comedy Central receives a bunch of e-mails like this from Rush fans. This is embarrassing. The whole show was a Rush lovefest and the band was clearly having a great time.

Just watched it the second time. Priceless! Such a Rush love fest. Wasn't expecting so much Rush, just the song. All the early mentions, and the interview were a delightful bonus. I think Colbert was trying to pretend to not be that in to them being there, but he was so excited it just showed. And the audience was definitely into them as well. They have to feel good about themselves after all that love. Neil looked like an excited little kid during the interview.

Last night, I was taken aback by the interruption of the song. But watching it again, I am convinced they were in on the gag. They were all smiling ear to ear when he jumped in.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

According to Rush is a Band, Rush will be on The Colbert Report again tonight!

Reader brmperc was lucky enough to attend the taping of the show and tells me that Rush will also be on tonight's show for a few seconds; not sure in what capacity as of yet, but I assume it'll be some taped clip that they'll incorporate into one of their comedy bits.

Link: http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=1558

I have a hunch about what they might do, but I'm not going to say...

QUOTE (mfratt @ Jul 16 2008, 11:33 PM)
Yea, I wansn't exactly expecting to see them come out with The Fountain of Lamneth or anything, but why Tom Sawyer? I'd figure Limelight, Subdivisions, Freewill, Far Cry, etc.

Hmmmm....well let's see....it's been 33 years since they were on TV and I'd have to say that Tom Sawyer is the biggest, mass appeal song in Rush's library, so it would only stand to reason that they would play that.

They did play a snippet of Limelight and Anthem during the show...and how 'bout By-Tor & The Snowdog on the teleprompter.

Sweet. I thought it was awesome... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Archived