rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (SteelersFreak1 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 16 2008, 11:31 PM)

I liked the interview part, but come on the band has been on American tv for 33 years so lets go to commercial during the song??  Poorly planned...no wonder they don't perform on tv shows.

I doubt they ever get invited to play TV shows. Besides, cutting to commercial was part of the joke, and I'm sure the band was in on it.

actually ya they do get asked all the time

its on an interview on the R30 dvd

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Jul 17 2008, 12:26 AM)
why did Colbert strap himself to a balay carabiner?

cuz he's a clown! and I thought it ruled throughout! yeah if only Colbare rofl3.gif

was an hour long show, we'd get a 3 song set but...

Neil smiled and cracked a joke or two (eBay that was hilarious!)

The three of them loved Jimmy's idea for their next album RNR HOF nod, That's BULL$HIT

and the 3 of them loved Stephen's wiseass question did you ever write a song so long you influenced yourselves by the time it was done?

I wish Alex had something to say more than, who does this go oot to for the autograph!

Anyway i've already replayed the whole dang thing at least 4 times already, and got it on DVR...gonna have to figger oot how to record onto DVD already!!

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 16 2008, 11:28 PM)

because he was being hoisted to a giant stool that towered over the Rush stools.

so it wasn't some kind of joke? I don't get Colbert... don't really want to.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2008, 12:17 AM)
Surprised I haven't heard any complaints about Colbert's crack on the Canadian PM.

120 User(s) are reading this topic (49 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):
Ancient Ways, Cygnus The God Of Balance, Lady April, xx2112xx, theredtamasrule, Midway Hawker, nobodys hero, Pags, _pete_, Weatherman2112, JDL2112, Hemispheric Waves, Tortoise and Hare, skyswing, rcbassist39, rushfanNlv, ofsalesmen, PassTheAmmunition, The Owl, rushman321, PhilCastro, Rolinda Bonz, keakag, RushRevisited, tangy, liquidcrystalcompass, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, pt2112, Kid_Gloves, theworkingman, MULTIPLIED REACTION, SiriusRushFan, missionman, PuppetKing2112, FarUnlitUnknown, SteelersFreak1, claunchorlando, lambsbreath, Merely Space, spindrifting, bmccollum, Lrigyttiw, yyztmmb, wtrfwler1, VaporTrails04, LanSolo, mfratt, spok, GotRush, mrbarlint, tHobbs, Storm Shadow, pony2112, cubs108, bytorandmydog, jiggityjames, New World Kid, rushfreak13, ElGringo, The Malazanian, vital signz, Sarab, ByTor2112, The Writer, jacklifeson, TopherD, fs2112, LeaveMyThingAlone, Supersyl

We all know he is an Ass tongue.gif

He is awesome!! laugh.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (SteelersFreak1 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 16 2008, 11:31 PM)

I liked the interview part, but come on the band has been on American tv for 33 years so lets go to commercial during the song??  Poorly planned...no wonder they don't perform on tv shows.

I doubt they ever get invited to play TV shows. Besides, cutting to commercial was part of the joke, and I'm sure the band was in on it.

Yes, I'm definitely sure they were in on it. I mean, they had sound checks and the producers were definitely aware of the song's length.

I admit, the joke only became clear after they came back from commercials and the band was still playing where they left off.

Alright, that does it for me. I'll be drinking lots of coffee tomorrow morning. Buenos noches, mein froinds!

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Jul 17 2008, 12:35 AM)

because he was being hoisted to a giant stool that towered over the Rush stools.

it's totally a joke but not a new one. he's done it before.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:24 AM)
Neil:  I'd better not see that on Ebay  rofl3.gif

laugh.gif That was funny!

yeah, Stephen is pretty good about staying in character and that one almost made him lose it.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 16 2008, 11:24 PM)
I cannot find the Eddie Trunk/Niel Interview, but it was on youtube at one point.

Another concidence, is that not only is this the first preformance of rush in over 30 years, but probably the first time all 3 members have been interviewed together in just as long.

I have it on DVD...

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 17 2008, 12:31 AM)

I liked the interview part, but come on the band has been on American tv for 33 years so lets go to commercial during the song?? Poorly planned...no wonder they don't perform on tv shows.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Jul 16 2008, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 16 2008, 11:24 PM)
I cannot find the Eddie Trunk/Niel Interview, but it was on youtube at one point.

Another concidence, is that not only is this the first preformance of rush in over 30 years, but probably the first time all 3 members have been interviewed together in just as long.

I have it on DVD...

It was on Youtube when I saw it. But I found an old link to it, and apparently the video was removed due to a copywright claim by viacom.

But I think that was the last Niel video interview.

Hi Everyone!

I'm a brand new RUSH fan (since seeing them May 6th 2008, Nokia Center in L.A.) and I can't believe I've been missing out on them for so long! They didn't do anything other than put on a completely awesome show, and now I'm in the process of catching up on 34 years of sheer brilliance. My husband has been a fan forever, and now that I'm taking over his RUSH cds, he calls me a "biter". Let the battle begin!

The simple truth of why I like them so much is that they are talented musicians whose craft stands on its own two feet. No "brought to you by Coca-Cola..." or phoniness of any kind. The lyrics, melodies and emotion in all their music are truth and beauty in its purest form. I now understand them like I never did before - all after that one show. They did it - it's all their fault. 1022.gif

I am in love with the group because of everything they are about, which is more than lots of people can say about their favorite respective bands. "Tears" is my favorite song; to me it's so bittersweet and profound. I like Geddy in particular because of how masterful and florid he is with his bass. I'll stop there wink.gif

Just saw the Colbert Report, and couldn't be happier to see them not only perform but do a quick interview. Great to find a site to jive with other "Rushians"...

QUOTE (Yes to Yes... @ Jul 17 2008, 12:40 AM)
Hi Everyone!

I'm a brand new RUSH fan (since seeing them May 6th 2008, Nokia Center in L.A.) and I can't believe I've been missing out on them for so long! They didn't do anything other than put on a completely awesome show, and now I'm in the process of catching up on 34 years of sheer brilliance. My husband has been a fan forever, and now that I'm taking over his RUSH cds, he calls me a "biter". Let the battle begin!

The simple truth of why I like them so much is that they are talented musicians whose craft stands on its own two feet. No "brought to you by Coca-Cola..." or phoniness of any kind. The lyrics, melodies and emotion in all their music are truth and beauty in its purest form. I now understand them like I never did before - all after that one show. They did it - it's all their fault. 1022.gif

I am in love with the group because of everything they are about, which is more than lots of people can say about their favorite respective bands. "Tears" is my favorite song; to me it's so bittersweet and profound. I like Geddy in particular because of how masterful and florid he is with his bass. I'll stop there wink.gif

Just saw the Colbert Report, and couldn't be happier to see them not only perform but do a quick interview. Great to find a site to jive with other "Rushians"...

Welcome bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Yes to Yes... @ Jul 17 2008, 12:40 AM)
Hi Everyone!

Don;t worry about the biter comment. Most marriages could use a little more biting. Welcome. wink.gif

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Jul 16 2008, 11:35 PM)

It's just him being silly, he's not trying to say he's better than anyone.

QUOTE (Yes to Yes... @ Jul 16 2008, 09:40 PM)
Hi Everyone!

smile.gif welcome to TRF trink39.gif

QUOTE (Yes to Yes... @ Jul 16 2008, 11:40 PM)
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the forum and the fold - great first post!

I loved the first section, before Rush. Limelight played to open the report. When Stephen got mad his "anthem" was not played during the opening, and he demanded his "anthem" be played. Rush's "anthem" was played rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

And Stephen reading By-Tor and the Snow Dog. !!!!!!!!!!!

AW WOW!! That was SO cool!!

I really loved the whole interview, and it was plain to see that the fellas were having a good time, even when TS got cut...At first I was dissapointed, and I too, yelled at the TV, but now after reading these posts, I can see how it could've been planned, I mean, the guys were smiling throughout the entire song, so that was ok, I guess...

I still taped it anyway, even if it is on VHS...My sister might've taped it on DVD, I dunno, I'll have to ask her..

Shite, I'm sure I'll be watching the repeats tomorrow too...

Archived