rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

I cannot find the Eddie Trunk/Niel Interview, but it was on youtube at one point.

Another concidence, is that not only is this the first preformance of rush in over 30 years, but probably the first time all 3 members have been interviewed together in just as long.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Jul 16 2008, 11:20 PM)
That sure was a lot of work to set up Neil's kit and the guys gear for 5 minutes. Very cool though. I wonder if this will open up other TV appearances in the future?

Who knows but we'll see if there's anything to Stephen's self-referenced "Colbert" Bump!

bumper.gif bumper.gif bumper.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I have to say that was one of the best shows I've seen yet !! Neil was awesome, bet it was his idea ! Alex unusually quiet but seemed to be laughing alot. Geddy stellar as usual. They all seemed a little nervous but bar stools are awkward in of themselves. TS rocked ! Hilarious bit with the sleepytime hat and pillow for the "long song". Had to know they'd still be playing when they came back from the commercial break. The whole thing was too friggin' hilarious !

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 16 2008, 11:25 PM)
The best was Jimmy's question about their next album title in regards to not being elected to the R&R Hall of Fame:

"That's Bull$h!t"

Hilarious and the boys seemed to get a kick out of it too.

1022.gif

I liked that too

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 16 2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 16 2008, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 16 2008, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
I was just on the phone with Rolzzz and we were watching, we saw no Rush  wtf.gif  angry.gif

You must have been watching a rerun or something - they were the last 15 minutes with many other comments related to them throughout the show...

Time zones??????

Trout & Lady April in the same zone?

unsure.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

she is one hour ahead of me. it probably will be on tomorrow biggrin.gif

Doesn't look like anyone from Mountain, Pacific and whatever zone trouty is in saw it.

That blows sad.gif

I'm mountain time and I got it. The e-mail I got from Rush.com said 11:30 on et/pt, so try 11:30 pacific.

QUOTE (skyswing @ Jul 16 2008, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Jul 16 2008, 11:20 PM)
That sure was a lot of work to set up Neil's kit and the guys gear for 5 minutes.  Very cool though.  I wonder if this will open up other TV appearances in the future?

Who knows but we'll see if there's anything to Stephen's self-referenced "Colbert" Bump!

bumper.gif bumper.gif bumper.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Maybe Stephen will get a 2.gif bump in his ratings laugh.gif

It's way past my bedtime.....but well worth stayin' up for. Night ya'll

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Jul 17 2008, 12:26 AM)
why did Colbert strap himself to a balay carabiner?

because he was being hoisted to a giant stool that towered over the Rush stools.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:25 PM)
Neil's eBay joke was awesome. laugh.gif

Yeah it was!!!!

NeilFinal.gif did really well. I was pleasantly surprised to see him in the interview setting with Alex and Geddy. It would have been really awkward and problematic for him not to be, though and hopefully Jimmy gave Stephen guidance on how to steer with Neil.

Well, this has been more of a chat than a thread. I suppose everyone was just as excited as I was. This was really one of the coolest things to happen to Rush in a while and I hope there's more events like this in the future.

After that, I'm so incredibly pumped for Charlotte!

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 16 2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 16 2008, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 16 2008, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
I was just on the phone with Rolzzz and we were watching, we saw no Rush  wtf.gif  angry.gif

You must have been watching a rerun or something - they were the last 15 minutes with many other comments related to them throughout the show...

Time zones??????

Trout & Lady April in the same zone?

unsure.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

she is one hour ahead of me. it probably will be on tomorrow biggrin.gif

Doesn't look like anyone from Mountain, Pacific and whatever zone trouty is in saw it.

That blows sad.gif

I seen it. And I am in the Mountain Time Zone.

QUOTE (ofsalesmen @ Jul 17 2008, 12:28 AM)
Well, this has been more of a chat than a thread. I suppose everyone was just as excited as I was. This was really one of the coolest things to happen to Rush in a while and I hope there's more events like this in the future.

After that, I'm so incredibly pumped for Charlotte!

This will be a novel by the end of the night. biggrin.gif Have fun in Charlotte. 2.gif

I liked the interview part, but come on the band has been on American tv for 33 years so lets go to commercial during the song?? Poorly planned...no wonder they don't perform on tv shows.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 16 2008, 11:31 PM)

I liked the interview part, but come on the band has been on American tv for 33 years so lets go to commercial during the song?? Poorly planned...no wonder they don't perform on tv shows.

I doubt they ever get invited to play TV shows. Besides, cutting to commercial was part of the joke, and I'm sure the band was in on it.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Jul 17 2008, 12:31 AM)
I thought it was a well planned show, and it seemed to all fall together nicely. This is a great warmup for their next appearance at the Nissan Pavilion on Saturday night and I'll be there! 1022.gif

Awe yeah!!!!!! I can't wait to get home and watch it tomorrow morning!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Archived