rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 16 2008, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Jul 17 2008, 12:14 AM)
94 User(s) are reading this topic  653.gif

That has to be some sort of record. common001.gif

Not even close... Had 320+ once when they announced the last tour dates...

Oh well.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised I haven't heard any complaints about Colbert's crack on the Canadian PM.

120 User(s) are reading this topic (49 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):

Ancient Ways, Cygnus The God Of Balance, Lady April, xx2112xx, theredtamasrule, Midway Hawker, nobodys hero, Pags, _pete_, Weatherman2112, JDL2112, Hemispheric Waves, Tortoise and Hare, skyswing, rcbassist39, rushfanNlv, ofsalesmen, PassTheAmmunition, The Owl, rushman321, PhilCastro, Rolinda Bonz, keakag, RushRevisited, tangy, liquidcrystalcompass, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, pt2112, Kid_Gloves, theworkingman, MULTIPLIED REACTION, SiriusRushFan, missionman, PuppetKing2112, FarUnlitUnknown, SteelersFreak1, claunchorlando, lambsbreath, Merely Space, spindrifting, bmccollum, Lrigyttiw, yyztmmb, wtrfwler1, VaporTrails04, LanSolo, mfratt, spok, GotRush, mrbarlint, tHobbs, Storm Shadow, pony2112, cubs108, bytorandmydog, jiggityjames, New World Kid, rushfreak13, ElGringo, The Malazanian, vital signz, Sarab, ByTor2112, The Writer, jacklifeson, TopherD, fs2112, LeaveMyThingAlone, Supersyl

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 09:10 PM)
well that was interesting...I sat in front of the TV...never moved, and never saw Rush...anyone else not see them?

Looks like us on the west coast didn't see it. We saw a different Colbert Report. It's on again at 11:30 pacific time, maybe we'll see it then.

However, I would bet most everything I own it will show up online before then.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 16 2008, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 16 2008, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 17 2008, 12:12 AM)
This has got to be a record for most members in one thread at the same time.

popcorn.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

1287.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

Yeah, I am actually getting some lag over here.

121 User(s) are reading this topic (49 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):

theredtamasrule, pt2112, PassTheAmmunition, The_Analog_Kid, PhilCastro, MULTIPLIED REACTION, tangy, ofsalesmen, The Owl, Ancient Ways, keakag, RushRevisited, Tortoise and Hare, Lrigyttiw, rushman321, liquidcrystalcompass, Midway Hawker, Pags, _pete_, missionman, Cygnus The God Of Balance, theworkingman, Lady April, lambsbreath, j13cents, nobodys hero, JDL2112, Merely Space, Hemispheric Waves, cubs108, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, rushfanNlv, SteelersFreak1, yyztmmb, rcbassist39, wtrfwler1, bmccollum, xx2112xx, Weatherman2112, skyswing, Rolinda Bonz, SiriusRushFan, PuppetKing2112, FarUnlitUnknown, claunchorlando, spindrifting, VaporTrails04, LanSolo, mfratt, spok, GotRush, mrbarlint, tHobbs, Storm Shadow, pony2112, bytorandmydog, jiggityjames, New World Kid, rushfreak13, ElGringo, The Malazanian, vital signz, Sarab, ByTor2112, The Writer, jacklifeson, TopherD, fs2112, LeaveMyThingAlone, Supersyl

I think most of us are just rejoicing over what we thought was so unlikely!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Jul 17 2008, 12:14 AM)
94 User(s) are reading this topic  653.gif

That has to be some sort of record. common001.gif

Not even close... Had 320+ once when they announced the last tour dates...

Really? We had 320+ people in the same thread? Dayum.

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:16 PM)
April and Trout and the west coast folks:

I think I'll set the recorder for 11:30 tonight and see what happens.

DANG!!!!

Jay biggrin.gif

I can't set a recorder. I'll wait and see if it comes on tomorrow night. If not youtube tomorrow laugh.gif

QUOTE (ofsalesmen @ Jul 16 2008, 11:18 PM)

Prolly.

Hell I'm glad that Colbert made a good plug for S&A and showed the S&A Live CD.

Nice job by the boys.

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
FRICKIN HILARIOUS! I laughed at every single one of those jokes, Jimmy is obviously a true rush fan biggrin.gif

That's why he said, "Neil Pert"

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 16 2008, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 16 2008, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 17 2008, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
I was just on the phone with Rolzzz and we were watching, we saw no Rush  wtf.gif  angry.gif

You must have been watching a rerun or something - they were the last 15 minutes with many other comments related to them throughout the show...

Time zones??????

Trout & Lady April in the same zone?

unsure.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

she is one hour ahead of me. it probably will be on tomorrow biggrin.gif

Colbert's on again at 11:30 my time (2hrs from now)

It'll prolly be on that one.

unsure.gif

Calculates remaining Colbert tolerance...

uh,,,hasn't somebody got this on YouTube yet? confused13.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 16 2008, 11:19 PM)

Prolly.

Hell I'm just that Colbert made a good plug for S&A and showed the S&A Live CD.

Nice job by the boys.

was unlikely for us over here laugh.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 16 2008, 11:19 PM)

Prolly.

Hell I'm just that Colbert made a good plug for S&A and showed the S&A Live CD.

Nice job by the boys.

Yes, I don't think it could've been a better promotion for the band and their music. It really made the band seem relevant in today's music. First Rolling Stone, now Colbert... I have to say, this is a pinnacle for Rush publicity.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2008, 12:17 AM)
Surprised I haven't heard any complaints about Colbert's crack on the Canadian PM.

Ancient Ways, Cygnus The God Of Balance, Lady April, xx2112xx, theredtamasrule, Midway Hawker, nobodys hero, Pags, _pete_, Weatherman2112, JDL2112, Hemispheric Waves, Tortoise and Hare, skyswing, rcbassist39, rushfanNlv, ofsalesmen, PassTheAmmunition, The Owl, rushman321, PhilCastro, Rolinda Bonz, keakag, RushRevisited, tangy, liquidcrystalcompass, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, pt2112, Kid_Gloves, theworkingman, MULTIPLIED REACTION, SiriusRushFan, missionman, PuppetKing2112, FarUnlitUnknown, SteelersFreak1, claunchorlando, lambsbreath, Merely Space, spindrifting, bmccollum, Lrigyttiw, yyztmmb, wtrfwler1, VaporTrails04, LanSolo, mfratt, spok, GotRush, mrbarlint, tHobbs, Storm Shadow, pony2112, cubs108, bytorandmydog, jiggityjames, New World Kid, rushfreak13, ElGringo, The Malazanian, vital signz, Sarab, ByTor2112, The Writer, jacklifeson, TopherD, fs2112, LeaveMyThingAlone, Supersyl

We all know he is an Ass tongue.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:21 PM)

bekloppt.gif Arleen wub.gif

I just had to do this once also:

118 User(s) are reading this topic (52 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users):

Midway Hawker, liquidcrystalcompass, Lady April, Arleen2112, nobodys hero, theredtamasrule, MULTIPLIED REACTION, ofsalesmen, Rolinda Bonz, troutman, Golfman2112, missionman, _pete_, FarUnlitUnknown, VaporTrails04, Ancient Ways, Cheezypuff, LanSolo, Tortoise and Hare, wtrfwler1, The Owl, yyztmmb, Fish Stick15, keakag, Merely Space, theworkingman, skyswing, PuppetKing2112, Lrigyttiw, spok, SteelersFreak1, SiriusRushFan, rushman321, PassTheAmmunition, spindrifting, JDL2112, Hemispheric Waves, cubs108, rushfanNlv, bmccollum, xx2112xx, Weatherman2112, claunchorlando, mfratt, GotRush, mrbarlint, tHobbs, Storm Shadow, pony2112, bytorandmydog, jiggityjames, New World Kid, rushfreak13, ElGringo, The Malazanian, vital signz, Sarab, ByTor2112, The Writer, jacklifeson, TopherD, fs2112, LeaveMyThingAlone, Supersyl

if you didn;t see it make sure you watch the entire episode. Plenty of Rush references sprinkled throughout. I have a friend that loves Colbert and is not really a fan of Rush. That entire episode must have been very painful for him to endure.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 17 2008, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:21 PM)

bekloppt.gif Arleen wub.gif

bekloppt.gif wub.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Jul 16 2008, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:08 AM)
FRICKIN HILARIOUS! I laughed at every single one of those jokes, Jimmy is obviously a true rush fan biggrin.gif

That's why he said, "Neil Pert"

I caught that too and thought to myself I thought this dude was a big 2.gif fan?

Archived