Land of the Lost

lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ

How sad is it that I still remember all the lyrics to the opening? tongue.gif

And the Sleestaks. And the pylons. And Dopey. And Chaka.

Will Ferrel's a good casting choice; he's got the brown curly hair I remember from the father (Marshall) and brother (Will).

sweet.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 31 2008, 12:35 AM)
Will Ferrell is just crap

Concur. His reputation far outweighs his skills.

Rented the first season of this and watched with my boys recently. They got quite the laugh out of it, and it brought back a lot of fun Saturday morning memories for me.

I couldn't talk them into the second season. Sooo....does anyone know if they ever get rescued?

This show is bad...really bad....and I loved every minute of it!!

I'm sure they'll love the Will Ferrell version of it....and I'll probably hate it...lol. Not sure even Will can cheese this up enough to compete with the original version.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 31 2008, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Mar 28 2008, 12:56 PM)
Here is a video to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6LZzVCpYDY

I loved Land of the Lost. Watched it religiously along with Zoom, the Muppet Show and the Electric Company.

I LOVED IT TOO!!!!!

Watched it every Saturday!!!

Some TV channel my cable offers called "Chiller" played a marathon this weekend!!!!

Every episode!!!!

I LOVED the use of the really early green screen stuff, I think it's called chromakey, but then the father got sucked back into modern times and the uncle landed in TLOTL and they stopped using the green screen and used sets more. That third season sucked.

I don't think the Will Farrell version will be nearly as good as those classics.

BTW they never do get rescued.

Youtube.com has tons of episodes (imagine that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hChp3xdaYwI&NR=1

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 7 2009, 10:08 AM)
The Will Ferrell movie looks terrible.

Well, I have a 13yo daighter, so it has some appeal to me. I'm not a big Will Farrell fan, but I'm a big fan of my kid. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 7 2009, 01:54 PM)
Well I hope you both enjoy it. I love Will Ferrell but this movie just doesn't seem to appeal to me in any way at all.

I think WF is hilarious as well...but I don't wanna see this flick at all.

Gonna check this flick out in less than an hour. Loved the tv show but I know WF has made this more of comedy but I've still got to check it out.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2009, 12:35 PM)
As much as I loved the cheesy TV show when I was a kid, I wouldn't see this film with someone else's $10.

Concur. Will Ferrell is a one trick pony, and that trick is old and tired now.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 8 2009, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2009, 12:35 PM)
As much as I loved the cheesy TV show when I was a kid, I wouldn't see this film with someone else's $10.

Concur. Will Ferrell is a one trick pony, and that trick is old and tired now.

+1. I loved LOTL also, but I really don't care for Wil Ferrell, never thought he was all that funny. Not one single thing he did on SNL stands out in my mind, and I've never sat and watched any of his movies. When I was 12 years old, I couldn't wait for first the annimated version of Star Trek, then LOTL. It was saturday morning cartoon heaven! 1022.gif laugh.gif old.gif

Needless to say, I'll be skipping this one.

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (goose @ Jun 7 2009, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 7 2009, 10:08 AM)
The Will Ferrell movie looks terrible.

Well, I have a 13yo daighter, so it has some appeal to me. I'm not a big Will Farrell fan, but I'm a big fan of my kid. biggrin.gif

I agree goose smile.gif If it is something my daughter wants to watch I'll shut my mouth and take her. I will not dictate what I think she should like or dislike, only support her individual decisions wub.gif