What is your most hated movie?

The Owl

QUOTE (Angua @ Mar 15 2008, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2008, 01:41 PM)
Ummm... this is tough.  I can't remember if I already answered this in the beginning of this thread, but if I did... it's always good to state it over and over. 

LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY BLOWS!!! 

Take a horrible book series and turn it into a shlock movie with a horrible troll of a director and what do you get?  Mindless drivel for the sheep who have no taste to begin with. 

BORING ass movies.  Totally sucked.  Wish I didn't have kids so I wouldn't have had to see them with them.  I want those seven or eight hours of my life back.  Well, the ones that I didn't sleep through it anyway.

At last - someone who agrees with me!

I just can't get Lord of The Rings. I've tried but .... It could be worse it could be LOTR - The Musical.

I didn't like them either. I tried watching part 1 on 2 separate occassions but fell asleep both times. I've never seen part 2. And I only saw the last hour or so of part 3. Good special effects but that's all I could get out of those movies

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 16 2008, 04:16 AM)

Anyway I can't stand that moron Will Ferrell or anything he's ever been in. In fact I feel the same way about Owen Wilson. The pair of them f***ing suck, I've only seen two movies with them in but that's enough, the jokes are crap and they look like they've been knocked together on a low budget.

I hate Will Ferrell too. He's NEVER come close to making me laugh.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2008, 10:41 PM)
Take a horrible book series and turn it into a shlock movie with a horrible troll of a director and what do you get? Mindless drivel for the sheep who have no taste to begin with.

Dude, you've just described my feelings for Heavy Metal! tongue.gif

Minus the part about "no taste", of course smile.gif

Any of the "Police Academy" movies.

I generally dislike anything of the "American Pie" ilk or the "Saw" exploitation movies.

An individual film I hate is "Alien V Preditor Requiem" what a shocker that is.

QUOTE (Slime @ Mar 16 2008, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2008, 10:41 PM)
Take a horrible book series and turn it into a shlock movie with a horrible troll of a director and what do you get?  Mindless drivel for the sheep who have no taste to begin with.

Dude, you've just described my feelings for Heavy Metal! tongue.gif

Minus the part about "no taste", of course smile.gif

Then you'll love the fact that they're making a new HEAVY METAL movie

Michael Bay makes crappy movies and Transformers was no exception.

actually The Island was pretty good.

Edited by Rushman14

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 15 2008, 07:41 AM)
Ummm... this is tough. I can't remember if I already answered this in the beginning of this thread, but if I did... it's always good to state it over and over.

LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY BLOWS!!!

Take a horrible book series and turn it into a shlock movie with a horrible troll of a director and what do you get? Mindless drivel for the sheep who have no taste to begin with.

BORING ass movies. Totally sucked. Wish I didn't have kids so I wouldn't have had to see them with them. I want those seven or eight hours of my life back. Well, the ones that I didn't sleep through it anyway.

Necro, I have to disagree with you there. I personally really enjoyed the LOTR films, and I am a fan of the books as well. But are they really as good as they are touted?....

Perhaps not......

I think there are many, many movie better than LOTR, but I still love those films, and cannot wait for "The Hobbit"

But I cannot disagree with Kevin Smith when he describes LOTR, they are, if you describe it in its simpilist form, 3 movies about walking. Even the trees walked in that film biggrin.gif

That Judge Dredd thing Sylvester Stallone did, Stallone at his very worst, horrible movie.

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 17 2008, 04:04 PM)
That Judge Dredd thing Sylvester Stallone did, Stallone at his very worst, horrible movie.

I think the arm wrestling movie he did was even worse. I've suppressed the title deep into the recesses of my memory.

Bridge to Terabithia (Nothing like the book)

Any of the Harry Potter Movies (Nothing like the books)

I really hate all these "scary" movies that come out like Pulse, The new Hills Have Eyes 1 and 2, etc. I really liked the Saw movies because they seem more "realistic" because there are people like that out there, and it gets me excited watching something that could happen. (which is scary).

Oh yeah, High School Musical is the worst movie on the face of the planet.

QUOTE (JaredTehBassist @ Mar 17 2008, 11:41 PM)
Bridge to Terabithia (Nothing like the book)
Any of the Harry Potter Movies (Nothing like the books)

Not to doubt the veracity and honesty of your opinion, but the phrase above has turned into a no brainer mantra that every "smart" individual is supposed to mindlessly repeat or else they would be considered the bane of society. Even if they did not read the book, they will insist that "the book is better" because it is a universal fact that the book is always better than the movie.

NEVER, and i mean NEVER have I come across an individual who said "You know, the movies were better than the book".

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 18 2008, 09:16 PM)
NEVER, and i mean NEVER have I come across an individual who said "You know, the movies were better than the book".

Never say never!

I think The Godfather and A Clockwork Orange are better movies than books!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 18 2008, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 18 2008, 09:16 PM)

Never say never!

I think The Godfather and A Clockwork Orange are better movies than books!

I am sure you know what I was talking about.

Movies that I despised :

The Chronicles of Riddick

Bloodrayne

Not necessarily because they are "bad", but because the filmmakers of the two aforementioned movies somehow managed to get Judi Dench and Ben Kingsley to act in their poor movies.

Giving this one a bumper.gif

There are two that I would consider the "worst" I've ever seen. The first would have to be Spielberg's "Artificial Intelligence". I'd rather watch artificial insemination than be subjected to this yawner again.

Prior to that, my personal benchmark for shitty movies, because it was dull, lasted about an hour longer than it needed to, and had protagonists that I actually wanted dead (so I could go home), is The Sheltering Sky with John Malkovich and Debra Winger. And I love Malkovich.

Edited by Marathonist

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 22 2008, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jun 22 2008, 11:00 PM)
High School Musical 2

062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

so you like part 1?

And how, exactly, did you get sucked into seeing either version?

"Nothing But Trouble"

Cast: Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, Demi Moore, John Candy, some other poor saps, and an early J. Lo cameo. Actually, I guess she had a bit part rather than a cameo, because she wasn't famous yet. Truly loathsome, awful movie. Anti-comedy is the best description I can come up with.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 22 2008, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 22 2008, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jun 22 2008, 11:00 PM)
High School Musical 2

062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

so you like part 1?

And how, exactly, did you get sucked into seeing either version?

Haven't seen the first one but I was forced to watch the second one on the way back from a field trip. sad.gif