Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2007, 06:25 AM)
http://www.jazzpages.com/Creutziger/ress/creutziger_sunra_450p.jpg

The LEGENDARY Sunny RA RA RAHHH, had a press conference today where he said that the new Dream Theater album reminds him of some of HIS early work. He then went on to report that he and Mike Portnoy have decided to collaborate on an entire album of CRAP music that only RushGoober will buy. Portnoy was unavailable for comment, but he was seen buying ceremonial tribal robes at a local thrift store.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif that's so funny man

WOOOO HOOOO ! TONIGHT IS THE CONNECTICUT SHOW AND IM ON MY WAY IN A HALF HOUR !!! 1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 22 2007, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 22 2007, 04:04 PM)
WOOOO HOOOO ! TONIGHT IS THE CONNECTICUT SHOW AND IM ON MY WAY IN A HALF HOUR !!! 1022.gif  common001.gif  1022.gif  common001.gif

May the baking commence! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

Hell yeah Tangy ! 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 22 2007, 04:04 PM)
WOOOO HOOOO ! TONIGHT IS THE CONNECTICUT SHOW AND IM ON MY WAY IN A HALF HOUR !!! 1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif common001.gif

Your gonna have a BLAST!! biggrin.gif Just like Rush, they only sound better and better each time I see them. Have FUN! 1022.gif 653.gif

I am embarrased to say that until last month i knew very little of Dream Theater and even less of John Petrucci.

I used to wonder, "why is Seth Green doing on an ad for Mesa Amps, did he start his own band?" That is until i watched Dream Theater's cover of Caress of Steel - I am now very interested in their music and am beginning to build a collection - All i can say is doh.gif what took me so long?

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Aug 22 2007, 05:46 PM)
I am embarrased to say that until last month i knew very little of Dream Theater and even less of John Petrucci.

I used to wonder, "why is Seth Green doing on an ad for Mesa Amps, did he start his own band?" That is until i watched Dream Theater's cover of Caress of Steel - I am now very interested in their music and am beginning to build a collection - All i can say is doh.gif what took me so long?

Where did you hear them cover Caress of Steel!?!?!

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 23 2007, 12:46 AM)

I used to wonder, "why is Seth Green doing on an ad for Mesa Amps, did he start his own band?"  That is until i watched Dream Theater's cover of Caress of Steel -  I am now very interested in their music and am beginning to build a collection - All i can say is  doh.gif  what took me so long?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gI04qsXJgh0

Sorry it was just the necromancer -

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Aug 23 2007, 07:49 AM)

I used to wonder, "why is Seth Green doing on an ad for Mesa Amps, did he start his own band?"  That is until i watched Dream Theater's cover of Caress of Steel -  I am now very interested in their music and am beginning to build a collection - All i can say is  doh.gif  what took me so long?

Wow!!! That's just fantastic !!! Thanks for th clip, awesome cover...

Disco

What an incredible show last night. These guys just blow me away. Anyone who wont give these guys the time of day is seriously missing the boat. If your a Rush fan and you dont like DT, i just dont get it. confused13.gif

1022.gif DREAM THEATER ROCKS ! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 23 2007, 01:30 AM)

Disco

I've only downloaded a couple of their songs - What album do you suggest i get first?

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Aug 24 2007, 03:19 AM)
QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 23 2007, 01:30 AM)

Disco

I've only downloaded a couple of their songs - What album do you suggest i get first?

I suggest "Scenes from a memory" thats my favorite. Buying the new album is also not a bad idea.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 24 2007, 04:52 PM)
Just picked up a copy of Systematic Chaos on VINYL!!!!!
Am rather delighted, I must say.
Was their earlier stuff released on vinyl? I trawled through eBay, but got sweet FA.

If they got A change of seasons on vinyl, I'd jump on it!

BTW I just got lives versions of "Panic Attack" and "The Glass Prison"

now that's heavy firedevil.gif

Edited by Sonilink

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 11 2007, 07:18 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/IMG_3241b.jpg

Way to represent, RR! The beauty part is, you're taller than all of them! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That HAD to have been freakin' cool. BTW, thank you so much for the tunes you sent me a few weeks ago. They're definitely top notch musicians. yes.gif