Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

They have moments of greatness and begging for a Greatest Hits of the more accessible stuff. You have to admit the first 2 minutes of the new DT album would make any hardened RUSH fan laugh out loud, it may as well be a tribute and made me chuckle heartily. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jul 13 2007, 08:02 AM)
Hi everybody, I want to feel smart so here it comes:
Ass and balls!

Are you lost Soni ? cause i would say you have been taking in a heavy dose of Duh ? trink36.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 13 2007, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jul 13 2007, 08:02 AM)
Hi everybody, I want to feel smart so here it comes:
Ass and balls!

Are you lost Soni ? cause i would say you have been taking in a heavy dose of Duh ? trink36.gif

I am not sure about the origin of the phrase but over at the mikeportnoy.com forum that phrase is used. As Mike himself said:

Eat my ass AND balls....

MP

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m...2cballs𬟽

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 13 2007, 01:30 PM)
Damn Disco, just admitt you love them already ! its ok, really. cool.gif

Damn, i forgot to take the obligatory pop at DT when made the last post...I'm giving the wrong impression. Just to make amends then, here goes:-

'Look, just saying, Rush is considered to be uncool sexless music for spods and geeks. Yet Rush fans look down on DT for its uncool sexless spodiness. Just work that maths.

Youngsters, in particular, I implore you for the good of the Commander downstairs, don't succumb..'

Edited by Disco

QUOTE (Disco @ Jul 13 2007, 08:54 AM)

Damn, i forgot to take the obligtory pop at DT when made thee last post...I'm giving the wrong impression. Just to make amends then, here goes:-

'Look, just saying, Rush is considered to be uncool sexless music for spods and geeks. Yet Rush fans look down on DT for its uncool sexless spodiness. Just work that maths.

Youngster, in particular, I implore you for the good of the Commander downstairs, don't succumb..'

http://www.womensfunnyvideos.com/funny-pictures/hillbillyOveralls.jpg

"meester, i aint exactly sure what you just said, but this moheeto thingy sure is good, coulds i have another?"

How do you guys like "Systematic Chaos"? I checked it out in "some state of mind" way up north last week and I think it's indredible. Track 6 really grabbed me.

Any other DTers like this new one?

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 13 2007, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Disco @ Jul 13 2007, 08:54 AM)

Damn, i forgot to take the obligtory pop at DT when made thee last post...I'm giving the wrong impression. Just to make amends then, here goes:-

Youngster, in particular, I implore you for the good of the Commander downstairs, don't succumb..'

http://www.womensfunnyvideos.com/funny-pictures/hillbillyOveralls.jpg

"meester, i aint exactly sure what you just said, but this moheeto thingy sure is good, coulds i have another?"

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 13 2007, 11:44 AM)
How do you guys like "Systematic Chaos"? I checked it out in "some state of mind" way up north last week and I think it's indredible. Track 6 really grabbed me.
Any other DTers like this new one?

Wow, track 6 is easily my least favorite. laugh.gif

Systematic Chaos is definitely not one of my favorites... Disappointed me a little. sad.gif

At first I wasn't impressed with Systematic Chaos, but after 3-4 listens it grew on me. It's not my favorite DT album, but it's not my least favorite either.

I like track 4 best I think at this point, but 6 is good too.

I really love In The Presence Of Enemies(both parts), Forsaken, Dark Eternal Night, and Ministry Of Lost Souls the most. The only song I'm not TOO crazy about is Repentance - lyrically it's cool (continuing Portnoy's Alcoholics Annonomys saga), but musically it seems to drag a bit too much.

Overall, I really enjoy Systematic Chaos - IMO

Edited by ALifeson85

I'm half way through Systematic Chaos(just bought it).....

HOLY CRAP IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavy, energetic, and INSANE!!!

heavy,energetic,insane in your opinion.

12 years old metal pose,pathetic,that's not the prog dt that i like in my opinion cool.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

sorry to be an ass... but i just love dt more than anything(and i mean anything) in the world.. and im sad that they got bad when they released Octavarium.. TOT... SC...

doh.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Larks @ Jul 14 2007, 03:29 PM)
and im sad that they got bad when they released Octavarium

I can understand why you wouldn't like the metallicity (tongue.gif) of TOT and SC, but Octavarium has only 1 really metal song and that's Panic Attack. The rest of it is nicely restrained, wonderful music. Why do you have such a beef with it? It seems more up your alley than even Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. confused13.gif

6DOIT is the last dt Masterpiece in my opinion..

dont get me wrong, i like Octavarium. but it sounds so... ummm recycled! nothing new.. they try to make big and complex songs and end up with songs that sounsd excectly like older dt songs with nothing new and without emotion.. and "the special DT touch" that i love from older albums..

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Jul 14 2007, 04:25 PM)

Thank you ! thats how i feel about it. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 14 2007, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Jul 14 2007, 04:25 PM)

Thank you ! thats how i feel about it. applaudit.gif

I really enjoyed it new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2007, 12:10 AM)
As a long time DT fan, I just discovered their 1996 christmas CD (which includes Rush's Tears.)

O Holy Night is AMAZING when performed by LaBrie!

Wow... blown away! yes.gif

Hey, are you gonna be in St. Paul for the Rush show on September 9th?

(oops.gif sorry for going off-topic for a second... I'll get it back on soon)

I just found out I'm going to see DT next weekend, as my friend is giving me a free ticket!! 1022.gif Can't wait!

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Aug 1 2007, 12:58 AM)
I just found out I'm going to see DT next weekend, as my friend is giving me a free ticket!! 1022.gif Can't wait!

I saw them in San Diego the night after Rush at the Bowl. Believe me, you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!! They are mindblowing live....