Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2007, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 11 2007, 07:18 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/IMG_3241b.jpg

Cool pic!

Did you explain to them about Necro??

Damn! That's amazing how they've changed since 1992!

I don't know how Labrie does it. When I met him his hair was half gray, and now there's no gray. Petrucci and Portnoy are about twice the size as when I met them, too. And wow, look! Myung isn't looking down at the ground! And who's that new wizard-looking guy? rofl3.gif

http://www.prog-nose.org/images/jrudess_pic.jpg

QUOTE (benfletton @ Oct 3 2007, 01:24 AM)
Anyone got a link to the Dream Theater Forum - I can't seem to find it - I know the forum split and now my favourites link doesn't work.

Thanks

Ben

(Roll on Nov 10th - Wolverhampton here we come...) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'll be there as well!

And i've just realised you're from kettering, so am I!

Madness.

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Oct 7 2007, 01:07 PM)
Dream Theatre is good, La Brie is not.

blah.gif

Any suggestions for a new Dream Theater fan? I've only got Systematic Chaos and Octavarium (the latter is one of my all-time favorite albums) and I'm excited to get some more music in my Library. I read about Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence on Wikipedia, and it sounds like a good album. Opinions on this album?

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:19 PM)
Any suggestions for a new Dream Theater fan? I've only got Systematic Chaos and Octavarium (the latter is one of my all-time favorite albums) and I'm excited to get some more music in my Library. I read about Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence on Wikipedia, and it sounds like a good album. Opinions on this album?

Six Degrees f*ckin' rules!!! Especially the 42 minute song that graces the second half of the album.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Dec 9 2007, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (drewb93 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:19 PM)

Six Degrees f*ckin' rules!!! Especially the 42 minute song that graces the second half of the album.

That's funny, I think the first disc is much better!

Gess that shows everybody's got differant tastes!

BLIIIIIIIIIIND FAITH WE HAVE IN YOUUUUUUU!! tongue.gif

I've been hooked on Systematic Chaos since about my 20th listen. I didn't think I would like it at first, but it's the only disc I've had in my car besides A Farewell to Kings. SC has some dark progressive moments that are downright scary. How do they come up with this stuff? The keyboard work is phenominal.

Scenes Vs Budokon: I would pick budokon for it's production quality. Scenes is a must have also, though, imho.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 10 2007, 11:13 AM)
Thanks, I do plan on eventually getting both "Scenes Live", and "Boudokan" but I am picking one up Today. I think I am going to go with "Scenes Live", I have "Score"(CD and DVD) already

Well, if you have score then scenes is a good pick. I guess out of those three, budokon is the one I could probably live without (for a while)

ENJOY!!! wink.gif

Did any of you DT fans get your copy of Rich Wilson's biography of the band yet? It's called Lifting Shadows, my copy arrived today. Very swish, you get two books, Images is full of pictures(no shit sherlock) and Words has.....ah......words! Both books are delivered in a very tasty DT embossed case. Here's the great bit, anyone who paid for the book prior to printing got their name mentioned in the back of the book. I'm on page 370!! Cool.