Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Feb 16 2008, 04:21 AM)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Greatest_hit_big.jpg
GREATEST HIT

Is this Hugh Syme's artwork?

That gull looks strikingly simular to the "Spindrift" artwork.

Presenting Pull Me Under (2007 Remix) from the upcoming GreateSt HITs album...

Enjoy wink.gif

EDIT: Well... It was on there... Anyone have any luck getting it? Whenever I try and open up the page its gone from the headlines and sidebar listing now...

Edited by Distant Early Limelight

Dream Theater's Official Bootleg lable......Ytse Jam Records......has just released a new DVD/CD available on their web site. It was recorded in 2004 and was a live preformance where DT played all of theire Debeut Album, commerating it's then 15th anniversary, along with a 2 song encore with former DT members such as keyboardist Derek Sherinian, and origional vocalist Charlie Dominici

DVD

15th anniversary "When Dream and Day reunite" Live

CD

15th anniversary "When Dream And Day reunite" Live

Here is a track list and a list of bounus features....

When Dream And Day Reunite DVD
Our Products: Live Series 

SKU: YTSEJAMDVD001
The entire legendary performance of WDADU and the encore from the March 6th 2004 show in Los Angeles, as well as an Audio Commentary by Dream Theater, rehearsal and soundcheck footage and a 70 minute documentary on the original WDADU told through live footage and interviews with the band circa 1988/1989.

A Fortune In Lies
Status Seeker
Ytse Jam
The Killing Hand
Light Fuse And Get Away
Afterlife
The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun
Only A Matter Of Time
To Live Forever (W/ Sherinian and Dominici)
Metropolis (W Sherinian and Dominici)

Bonus Features
Audio Commentary by Dream Theater
WDADU Rehearsal and Sound Check Footage
"I Can Remember When..."
A 70 minute documentary from the Portnoy Archives looking back at the original WDADU album. A song by song recount told through live footage and interviews with the band circa 1988/1989

Dream Theater's official site has a prieview available for the DVD on the player available on their main page

http://www.dreamtheater.net/

Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 25 2008, 01:50 AM)
Dream Theater's Official Bootleg lable......Ytse Jam Records......has just released a new DVD/CD available on their web site. It was recorded in 2004 and was a live preformance where DT played all of theire Debeut Album, commerating it's then 15th anniversary, along with a 2 song encore with former DT members such as keyboardist Derek Sherinian, and origional vocalist Charlie Dominici

DVD

CD

The entire legendary performance of WDADU and the encore from the March 6th 2004 show in Los Angeles, as well as an Audio Commentary by Dream Theater, rehearsal and soundcheck footage and a 70 minute documentary on the original WDADU told through live footage and interviews with the band circa 1988/1989.

A Fortune In Lies
Status Seeker
Ytse Jam
The Killing Hand
Light Fuse And Get Away
Afterlife
Only A Matter Of Time

Bonus Features
"I Can Remember When..."
A 70 minute documentary from the Portnoy Archives looking back at the original WDADU album. A song by song recount told through live footage and interviews with the band circa 1988/1989

Dream Theater's official site has a prieview available for the DVD on the player available on their main page

They didn't "just release" it. I've had it for a good year now.

Excellent quality, I might add! You can even pick what version of each track you want to see, 1989 or 2004 (although some of the 1989 videos are incomplete) They call it a "bootleg" quality video, but it's much better quality than I was expecting. Dominici joins Labrie for "metropolis" and Sherinian plays keys which is very nice. Kevin Moore apparently was too good to show up for this performance. Probably since it was likely an unpaid gig. lol

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 25 2008, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 25 2008, 01:50 AM)
Dream Theater's Official Bootleg lable......Ytse Jam Records......has just released a new DVD/CD available on their web site.  It was recorded in 2004 and was a live preformance where DT played all of theire Debeut Album, commerating it's then 15th anniversary, along with a 2 song encore with former DT members such as keyboardist Derek Sherinian, and origional vocalist Charlie Dominici

DVD

CD

A Fortune In Lies
Status Seeker
Ytse Jam
The Killing Hand
Light Fuse And Get Away
Afterlife
Only A Matter Of Time

Bonus Features
"I Can Remember When..."

They didn't "just release" it. I've had it for a good year now.

Excellent quality, I might add! You can even pick what version of each track you want to see, 1989 or 2004 (although some of the 1989 videos are incomplete) They call it a "bootleg" quality video, but it's much better quality than I was expecting. Dominici joins Labrie for "metropolis" and Sherinian plays keys which is very nice. Kevin Moore apparently was too good to show up for this performance. Probably since it was likely an unpaid gig. lol

doh.gif Sorry 'bout that

I just noticed the prievew was added to the player on the main site, and I never noticed it on the ytse jam site before......and I just assumed..

Yes, people we all have those dumb ass moments on occasion........

But regardless...I am definatly going to be checking this release out.

Oh, I wasn't trying to say you were a dumbass or anything. They just weren't really promoting it before. One of the DVD's I'm thinking about getting is this one, an offering from portnoy:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9238/folder8rb.jpg

The track listing is:

1. 2112

2. Cygnus X-1

3. Hemispheres

4. YYZ / Drum Solo

The DVD also contains an Audio Commentary with Mike Portnoy and Paul Gilbert!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 26 2008, 07:13 AM)
Oh, I wasn't trying to say you were a dumbass or anything. They just weren't really promoting it before. One of the DVD's I'm thinking about getting is this one, an offering from portnoy:

The track listing is:
1. 2112
2. Cygnus X-1
3. Hemispheres
4. YYZ / Drum Solo

trink39.gif that is a great d.v.d.

Man,

I just found an old ticket stub from a 1993 DT show I went to. I paid $13.50 to see DT and Galactic Cowboys. How the hell did the same general admission ticket rise to $55.00??? That's like 4 times what it was only 15 years ago! I mean, Opeth should be good but this is getting fricken ridiculous these days!

Am I just old as dirt or do I have a point here? old.gif

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 26 2008, 12:13 PM)

The track listing is:
1. 2112
2. Cygnus X-1
3. Hemispheres
4. YYZ / Drum Solo

Is that real???? How come I never heard of it??? Is it easy to get hold of??? I need it!!!

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 28 2008, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 28 2008, 03:08 PM)
I just ordered mine. It's $26.60 including s&h.  trink39.gif

Damn, gonna cost me a lot to get it shipped to U.K. I can imagine...

Yeah dude, but think about it this way: Don't you wanna help Mike pay for his kids to attend college?? Do you want that on your conscience for years to come if you don't order it?? Do the right thing, man. wink.gif

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/metalqueens/Meanstreak/fotos/Marlene-Mike-Melody-Max.jpg

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 28 2008, 11:32 AM)

Yeah dude, but think about it this way: Don't you wanna help Mike pay for his kids to attend college?? Do you want that on your conscience for years to come if you don't order it?? Do the right thing, man. wink.gif

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/metalqueens/Meanstreak/fotos/Marlene-Mike-Melody-Max.jpg

Suddenly $55 for a ticket sounds OK. cool.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 28 2008, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 28 2008, 11:32 AM)

Suddenly $55 for a ticket sounds OK. cool.gif

Point well taken... scared.gif

Now I'm furious... Ticketmaster emailed me about getting VIP Meet and Greet packages for the upcoming Dream Theater tour. They want...Get This...$300 for a gen adm ticket and a Q&A Meet n Greet. z7shysterical.gif In 1992 they would walk out into the same venues they're playing now, and talk to anyone... for free.

Man, these cats are out for retirement money lately. I'm done with DT. This is the first tour I'm going to miss. I ordered a Cygnus & The Seamonsters Rush Tribute DVD from MP's site, but that's it for my 2008 DT allowance... moon.gif

Dream Theater Progressive Nation 2008: http://www.cashcow.ziddly.com/cashcow.jpg

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Feb 29 2008, 12:53 PM)
Now I'm furious... Ticketmaster emailed me about getting VIP Meet and Greet packages for the upcoming Dream Theater tour. They want...Get This...$300 for a gen adm ticket and a Q&A Meet n Greet. z7shysterical.gif In 1992 they would walk out into the same venues they're playing now, and talk to anyone... for free.
Man, these cats are out for retirement money lately. I'm done with DT. This is the first tour I'm going to miss. I ordered a Cygnus & The Seamonsters Rush Tribute DVD from MP's site, but that's it for my 2008 DT allowance... moon.gif

Dream Theater Progressive Nation 2008: http://www.cashcow.ziddly.com/cashcow.jpg

Your being a little unfair dont you think ? I believe its called paying your dues. You work hard to make a living as a true working band. I dont begrudge Dream Theater the right to make money any way they can. Its better then the band being forced to stop playing cause they cant afford it.

In a industry that chews up artists and spits them out, and have no regard for the artist at all, its up to the artist to find ways to make a living. No one is forcing you or anyone to pay anything to meet the band, its your choice. In 92 Dream Theater was a band starting out and trying to make a name, its 2008 and they deserve every penny they make.

Lastly, its pretty damn cool to even have the option to pay extra to have a meet and greet. You dont get to meet Rush no matter how much money your willing to spend, dont you wish it was an option ? Never begrudge an artist a living, there working damn hard for everything they get and if i was in there shoes id take full advantage of 20 years of success.

Your a musician MD, i would think you would appreciate a band like DT's work ethic ? I totally dont understand your feelings about this. You should blow off Rush too because there charge 100 bucks a ticket and you have no option to meet them and there drummer makes it known he has absolutely no interest at all in being anywhere near his fans.