Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 6 2010, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Apr 5 2010, 10:31 PM)
update:
ive come to conclusion that from 3:19 to about 9:28 in The Count of Tuscany basically sucks too.
so i pretty much like the whole intro.....the metal part sucks ("let me introduce....MY BROTHAH")....the riff right before the spacy guitar solo is cool, the spacey guitar part is awesome and the end is beautiful.

as for the other songs.....
The Ministry of Lost souls was pretty damn good....and A Change of Seasons was OK.

PS:
Whither and the intro riff to In the Presence of Enemies pt.1 are really cool.

but i still dont like dream theater  bolt.gif

It's okay. There's not some rule that you have to like Dream Theater*.

Yeah, there kind of is if your posting in this thread. atickhum.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 6 2010, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 6 2010, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Apr 5 2010, 10:31 PM)
update:
ive come to conclusion that from 3:19 to about 9:28 in The Count of Tuscany basically sucks too.
so i pretty much like the whole intro.....the metal part sucks ("let me introduce....MY BROTHAH")....the riff right before the spacy guitar solo is cool, the spacey guitar part is awesome and the end is beautiful.

as for the other songs.....
The Ministry of Lost souls was pretty damn good....and A Change of Seasons was OK.

PS:
Whither and the intro riff to In the Presence of Enemies pt.1 are really cool.

but i still dont like dream theater  bolt.gif

It's okay. There's not some rule that you have to like Dream Theater*.

Yeah, there kind of is if your posting in this thread. atickhum.gif

yes.gif

Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER will play a few select headlining shows on some of the "off" days throughout the band's North American tour with IRON MAIDEN.

Commented DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy: "Please note these will not be traditional DREAM THEATER shows in terms of production. As it is in the midst of the MAIDEN tour, we are not carrying our usual lighting and video show... So instead these will be small intimate club shows... just like the good (?) ol' days!

"So come sweat it out with us..."

The dates are as follows:

June 21 - Roseland Theater, Portland, OR

July 02 - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH

July 10 - Palladium, Worcester, MA

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 3 2010, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Apr 3 2010, 02:36 PM)
i finally found a Dream Theater song that i actually LIKE.....

The Count of Tuscany
what a great song......too bad theres not more DT like this song, or i might actually like this band

Umm...

A Change of Seasons

Octavarium

Metropolis Part 1

Learning to Live

The Ministry of Lost Souls

Home

If you like The Count of Tuscany, you should like those.

Count of Tuscany is a great song musically, but the lyrics are embarassingly bad.

Check out Scenes From a Memory, it will blow you away.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 07:41 PM)
Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER will play a few select headlining shows on some of the "off" days throughout the band's North American tour with IRON MAIDEN.

Commented DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy: "Please note these will not be traditional DREAM THEATER shows in terms of production. As it is in the midst of the MAIDEN tour, we are not carrying our usual lighting and video show... So instead these will be small intimate club shows... just like the good (?) ol' days!

At 35 bucks a ticket the Palladium may replace Rush as my one concert this Summer.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2010, 02:33 PM)

At 35 bucks a ticket the Palladium may replace Rush as my one concert this Summer.

Whoa whoa whoa Tick let's not talk crazy here biggrin.gif

Im seeing DT July 20th at Jiffy Lube Arena and then the next day 2.gif in Camden! I can't wait biggrin.gif (If you're going to either of those shows and want to meet up, send me an PM)

Good call, Tick! I saw DT in 1992 for six bucks and their basic show was awesome! Just some colored lighting and strobes is all you need for a great experience. Trust me... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PlaysLikeMyung @ Apr 13 2010, 05:52 PM)

At this point I don't have 110.00 to shell out for a Rush ticket, plus I have seen Rush 37 times so that makes it a little easier.

I know its likely that my some means I will see a show. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 15 2010, 01:17 PM)

At this point I don't have 110.00 to shell out for a Rush ticket, plus I have seen Rush 37 times so that makes it a little easier.

yeah, who are you kidding? tongue.gif my instinct says come push or shove, tick will be in attendance for at least one rush show this summer. if not, at least he is catching the TA show!

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 15 2010, 02:54 PM)

yeah, who are you kidding? tongue.gif my instinct says come push or shove, tick will be in attendance for at least one rush show this summer. if not, at least he is catching the TA show!

I am going to see Transatlantic next Friday!!! and I know its not a popular opinion on this board but I wouldn't trade that show for front row tickets to 3 Rush shows and I'm being completely serious. I feel that show is a once in a lifetime concert, and I can't believe I will get to see Neal Morse perform live!!!!

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 15 2010, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 15 2010, 02:54 PM)

I am going to see Transatlantic next Friday!!! and I know its not a popular opinion on this board but I wouldn't trade that show for front row tickets to 3 Rush shows and I'm being completely serious. I feel that show is a once in a lifetime concert, and I can't believe I will get to see Neal Morse perform live!!!!

I agree. I would love to see Neal again! I caught them open for DT on the V tour. Neal = 1022.gif

As the board continues to buy there Rush tickets(and rightly so) I will wake tomorrow and buy some Dream Theater tickets for there club show in Worcester MA.

35.00 to see DT in a club is a no brainer for me.

I will work on a Rush ticket as time goes bye.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 15 2010, 10:31 PM)
As the board continues to buy there Rush tickets(and rightly so) I will wake tomorrow and buy some Dream Theater tickets for there club show in Worcester MA.

The Palladium is a pretty decent venue for a show. Im surprised they are playing there actually. Its usually for smaller scale bands. Cool they are clubbing it.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 15 2010, 11:34 PM)

The Palladium is a pretty decent venue for a show. Im surprised they are playing there actually. Its usually for smaller scale bands. Cool they are clubbing it.

The reason for the show is they are in the Boston for there show with Iron Maiden. They decided to play a couple of clubs on there off nights. There are only 3 of these club dates scheduled in the country.

I'm off to get my tickets in 3 minutes. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 16 2010, 09:55 AM)

The reason for the show is they are in the Boston for there show with Iron Maiden. They decided to play a couple of clubs on there off nights. There are only 3 of these club dates scheduled in the country.

Tickets just came in TICK!!!!! It's a GO!!!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Apr 29 2010, 05:25 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 5 2010, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Apr 29 2010, 05:25 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

trink39.gif 1022.gif

1022.gif nice

the other DT news is that MP is going to tour with Avenged Sevenfold too.

QUOTE (Astromancer @ May 5 2010, 06:13 PM)
I recently heard my first DT, picked up Images and words a couple weeks ago. Love it.

Great First pick.....

Go with either "Metropolis pt.2: Scenes from a Memory" or "Octavarium" next.

QUOTE (Astromancer @ May 5 2010, 07:13 PM)
I recently heard my first DT, picked up Images and words a couple weeks ago. Love it.

Great album followed by Awake and then Octavarium, in my preference list.

QUOTE (Astromancer @ May 6 2010, 01:13 AM)

go get Octavarium and 6DOIT next.

QUOTE (mortkort @ May 9 2010, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (Astromancer @ May 6 2010, 01:13 AM)

go get Octavarium and 6DOIT next.

You really can't go wrong with 6DOIT. It's a double album and both CDs sound completely different yet both friggin' rock the house!

That being said I'm going to try to go to the Worcester show this summer. What are the odds of The Glass Prison being played? I'm hoping for it but guessing they'll save it for when they play the whole AA suite for recording purposes.

@Astromancer:

My first DT album was Scenes from a Memory and it's a classic.

Let's get a setlist like this:

A Nightmare to Remember

6:00

Take the Time

Honor Thy Father

Hollow Years

In the Presence of Enemies pt 1 & 2

Fatal Tragedy

Peruvian Skies

The Glass Prison

A Rite of Passage

Finally Free

Endless Sacrifice

The Test that Stumped Them All

Octavarium

The Dark Eternal Night

The Count of Tuscany

Metropolis

--

I haven't been following the setlists and this is like 4 hours of music but hey who knows, right?