New Beatles Song - Now And Then

Union 5-3992

6 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Meh, I will likely never listen to it again.

I liked it. It's on par with the Free as a Bird/Real Love collaborations they did in the 90s. This one is a little overproduced though as Lennon's original demo was a bit ore haunting. 

Edited by Union 5-3992
Wow, UMG struck down the original link I had with lightning speed
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I liked it. It's on par with the Free as a Bird/Real Love collaborations they did in the 90s. This one is a little overproduced though as Lennon's original demo was a bit ore haunting. 

Maybe I'll listen again. Right now Mick Mars' Loyal to the Lie is a more interesting song.

It will be the most streamed song of the year.  And then 2 greatest hits packages that are 50 years old that feature songs that are between 60 and 53 years old will be the most streamed/downloaded albums of the year.  But sure, tell me how there are more influential bands in history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is haunting and lovely, just like Free as Bird was.  Makes me sad and happy at the same time.  Still wish we hadn't lost John so soon, all the music that was taken from us, we'll never know.

I am sure I shall listen again, John was my favorite but it did sound good to hear them all together one last time. :heart:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

That's much better.  The song works better raw.

I made it ten seconds again, but consecutive this time!  As  stoopid says, it's fine.  

1 hour ago, librarian said:

It's growing on me. Please listen to it with headphones or earbuds on a good device.

Agreed, heard it in the car a couple of times today and it's very well produced. While lacking a bit in FABness, it's certainly emotive. If in the 1960s you were asked to predict what the 80 something Beatles would sound like, this might be the answer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lurkst said:

And now there's a video too :thumbsup:

At first I thought the video was kind of cheesy… But then when younger and older versions of the same person started showing up in the same frame… it took on a surreal nature that I actually quite like.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lurkst said:

And now there's a video too :thumbsup:

In excess of 12 million views.  599,000 "thumbs up," no "thumbs down."   But sure, they just happened to come along at the right time.  Nothing to do with their individual and collective talents.

They not only all existed at the same time, but they lived in close proximity to one another, met and formed a band.  Let the odds of that sink in.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 11:33 PM, goose said:

I made it through about ten seconds worth.  And not consecutively.

And yet you've been able to listen to ANY music by Ghost?   WITHOUT wanting to break your audio equipment for failing to act like your digestive system would act if you drank sour milk?   :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rick N. Backer said:

And yet you've been able to listen to ANY music by Ghost?   WITHOUT wanting to break your audio equipment for failing to act like your digestive system would act if you drank sour milk?   :smile:

C'mon, man!

A rocking Ghost tune >>>>> this latest "Beatles" release