Geddy Announces 'In Conversation' Tour!

Jag2112

Holy shit, these ticket sales are insane.  I thought I'd try and upgrade my seat, but anything better than what I've got is $400 and up!!  I don't know what other cities are like, but obviously people are expecting something special from the Massey Hall show...

• Like 3

On 10/6/2023 at 10:07 AM, Rush Didact said:

Holy shit, these ticket sales are insane.  I thought I'd try and upgrade my seat, but anything better than what I've got is $400 and up!!  I don't know what other cities are like, but obviously people are expecting something special from the Massey Hall show...

Might be. I'm sure Geddy has a lot of fine memories of that place. Might even be the only venue on this tour that the band ever played in. It is kind of a homecoming celebration. If I could choose, that would be where I'd go. No brainer.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 7:07 AM, Rush Didact said:

2nd row in Seattle is only $1000!  Lol

Balcony tix are going for $150+

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goose said:

2nd row in Seattle is only $1000!  Lol

Balcony tix are going for $150+

I have to think that's unsustainable. Unless some venture capitalist wants to impress his new girlfriend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:27 PM, ytserush said:

Might be. I'm sure Geddy has a lot of fine memories of that place. Might even be the only venue on this tour that the band ever played in. 

They played Sheffield City Hall in 77 & 78.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gotnoclass said:

Got my tickets for Boston at the Orpheum.

Just spent a lot for Peter Gabriel at the Garden (well worth the money) but what the hell life is short.

And you can't take it with you but if you're a millionaire or billionaire many times over you can ensure your kids and grandkids and great grandkids etc etc will never want for anything except for maybe empathy and altruism.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, capoetc said:

Sounds like there is strong demand for this show, so maybe some more dates will be added (Dallas, por favor!).

I doubt it.  I can imagine Ged would get sick of doing this after a while, and to be honest, I'm surprised he's doing as many dates as he is.

It's probably really good money for him, but he's pretty comfortable already, and just sitting there talking about yourself on stage for a couple hours a night has to get old quick (at least for anyone without a Trump-sized ego).

• Like 4

I just pre-ordered the audiobook, that's probably as close as I'll come to hearing him (Alex makes an appearance on the audio too :smile:).  Would be nice if someone could record these talks and sell them. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, Rush Didact said:

I doubt it.  I can imagine Ged would get sick of doing this after a while, and to be honest, I'm surprised he's doing as many dates as he is.

It's probably really good money for him, but he's pretty comfortable already, and just sitting there talking about yourself on stage for a couple hours a night has to get old quick (at least for anyone without a Trump-sized ego).

That could go either way. This eases him back into the touring mindset and he may be doing some recon about the feasibility going forward. Also this is a lot more structured than his last book signing tour which was very informal. If he doesn't like the way the machine is working these days he could just stop.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 6:53 PM, Rhyta said:

I just pre-ordered the audiobook, that's probably as close as I'll come to hearing him (Alex makes an appearance on the audio too :smile:).  Would be nice if someone could record these talks and sell them. 

Since Geddy is reading it pretty much makes this essential too.

• Like 1