World Chocolate Day - eat eat eat

treeduck

33 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

My personal favorite bar is the underrated Whatchamacalit.

I used to eat those by the box.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Having some dark chocolate right now. A bar with almonds and sea salt.

:old:

Speaking of chocolates only old people eat, I'm having some of these right now...

71RSBu7WgCL.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Having some dark chocolate right now. A bar with almonds and sea salt.

1 hour ago, goose said:

:old:

Speaking of chocolates only old people eat, I'm having some of these right now...

71RSBu7WgCL.jpg

The chocolate that young people eat is barely chocolate. I should know -- I ate a lot of bullshit convenience store candy bars in my youth. Snickers is the only one that still tastes good to me. The others are too sweet and too fake for me now.

• Like 5

So of course this thread coerced me into going to the DQ.   :angry:

I did mange to show some restraint and buy a medium size Blizzard instead of a large….

• Like 5

As long as I know this isn't a leftist holiday, because we couldn't get any of that stuff in Eastern Europe back in the day, I'll have a Dark Fantasy choco meltz. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

So of course this thread coerced me into going to the DQ.   :angry:

I did mange to show some restraint and buy a medium size Blizzard instead of a large….

Baby steps.

So far I've had a couple of the Hershey's Nuggets, a few plain M&Ms,  and 1 Sanders dark chocolate sea salt caramel. Will have more M&Ms later.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

The chocolate that young people eat is barely chocolate. I should know -- I ate a lot of bullshit convenience store candy bars in my youth. Snickers is the only one that still tastes good to me. The others are too sweet and too fake for me now.

Agreed! I  bought a KitKat bar recently and the chocolate was really sweet and cheap tasting.  

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Agreed! I  bought a KitKat bar recently and the chocolate was really sweet and cheap tasting.  

Have a break Becky, have a circa 1976 Kit Kat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, zepphead said:

According to my wife, every day is chocolate day!

Absolutely!!  Enjoying Hersey's kisses right now :biggrin:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

When I really want to indulge,  Lindt white chocolate truffles are wonderful.  Have to ration them, very sweet but so smooth.

• Like 5

Cadbury UK | Cadbury Dairy Milk Wholenut 180g

I 'rescued' one of these bad boys  from my missus' chocolate stash. (She'll not miss it .... i hope!! :ninja:)

• Like 6

Lindt 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate bar.

They have two higher content bars in my local Publix, but even those are too much.  At one time Whole Foods would break up "trade bars"-5 kilo or 10 lb. slabs for the baking and candymaking trade-and sell them.  Included Callebaut (Belgian) and El Rey (Venezuelan) brands.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

For people with digestive issues, chocolate is a way to get nutrients when ingesting food is hard. Just wanted to share. 

I shall be using this line from now on. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, zepphead said:

Cadbury UK | Cadbury Dairy Milk Wholenut 180g

I 'rescued' one of these bad boys  from my missus' chocolate stash. (She'll not miss it .... i hope!! :ninja:)

You blokes across the pond get better chocolate than almost all of the stuff in the US. Different ingredients and amount of certain ingredients. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, custom55 said:

Jersey shore chocolate fudge

Yes!  After a problem with ummm energy drinks and my teeth during the covid lockdown I won't be risking my beautiful crown on the salt water taffy anymore!  Fudge is much better!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BastillePark said:

You blokes across the pond get better chocolate than almost all of the stuff in the US. Different ingredients and amount of certain ingredients. 

Callebaut, and the Godiva that's made in Belgium is vastly superior to most of the chocolate made stateside.  I've heard allegations that Godiva here is made in New Jersey.  Chocolate candies from Europe also have a bit of a treat we don't see much of here-alcohol!  A piece of hollow chocolate injected with Creme de Menthe, Creme de Cassis, or Kirschwasser?  Yum!

Cadbury here is also good, and I have downed my share of Fruit & Nut bars.  Their biggest failing has been something called Bournville, in a red wrapper.  Allgedly dark chocolate, but I detected the taste of a vegetable oil that definitely was not cocoa butter.  I've also been warned to avoid French and German chocolate products at ALL costs.  Any confirmation of that?

As expected, The Swiss rules the roost when it comes to chocolate, no contest.  Lindt & Tobler lead the way, with Nestle a close third (mainly due to the Nestle products manufactured here, mostly in New York)  Nestle once advertised " Nestle's makes the very best-chocolate", but what consumers stateside DON'T know is they make some 20 different formulations, mostly for the baking and candymaking trade.  Crunch, semisweet chips,and  $100,000 bars? Yeah, right,-a piece from a trade bar of Peter's Superlative-milk or dark-will put you into overload!

Final fact:  High end dark chocolate, properly stored, "ages" like wine.  Explained to me as an oxidation process.  I've tasted "8 year old" chocolate (Ambrosia, Milwaukee, WI), which was exquisite.  Truly melt in your mouth with flavors that sat on the tongue long after it had been swallowed-bliss!

• Like 2